Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Every accomplishment starts with a decision to try

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

18th Jan, 50 mins easy, 4.48 miles @ 11.23 avg hr 134

Mindful that this was my 3rd day in a row running so kept it very easy. 2020 Run The Line long sleeve t-shirt arrived in the post earlier so had to wear it :). Made the mistake of wearing the Pegasus 37's as the foot hadn't been feeling too bad - these shoes are definitely the culprit :mad: the pain was not pleasant between Achilles and foot. Otherwise a grand run with a pit stop for a chat with a new friend.

19th January Strength - 3 sets 10 reps:

V sits
    Plank 3 x 30 sec
    Knee raise into curtsey lunge
    5kg front arm raises
    5kg bent arm row
    2kg side raise (have a touch of tennis elbow from doing these with 5kg last week)
    Oblique crunches (I hate crunches....!)
    8kg heel raises

20th January, 50 mins easy with 10 mins @ 9.14-9.34, 4.72 miles avg HR 136, max 163

Woody has a vet appointment this evening and meetings either side of lunch meant I wouldn't have enough time to do this and shower/change/eat so headed out this morning. Felt tired when the alarm went off. Dressed and out the door into a cool but otherwise nice morning (albeit pitch dark). Paid attention to how I was feeling from the off, grand, nothing untoward to note, maybe a little more tired than usual. Got to the 10 mins @ pace and managed to get up to speed okay but holding the pace was another matter. After about 4 mins I could feel the lactate in my legs and was breathing heavy. Couldn't hold for 10 mins especially as I turned a corner into a hill :rolleyes:, these are unavoidable here so I'm gonna have to get used to doing sessions and tempos etc on them. Hit the lap button on the watch and jogged the rest of the way home, about another 8 mins or so. Probably being too easy on myself and in hindsight I could have done 10 mins slightly under the prescribed pace - morning workouts will be avoided where possible!

Schedule has stride repeats on Friday (which I love doing) and a 90 min long run at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭ReeReeG

19th January Strength - 3 sets 10 reps:

V sits
    Plank 3 x 30 sec
    Knee raise into curtsey lunge
    5kg front arm raises
    5kg bent arm row
    2kg side raise (have a touch of tennis elbow from doing these with 5kg last week)
    Oblique crunches (I hate crunches....!)
    8kg heel raises

That's interesting, as all my strength training in general has kept the pesky tennis elbow completely at bay.

ReeReeG wrote: »
    That's interesting, as all my strength training in general has kept the pesky tennis elbow completely at bay.

I've never had it before!! Had to google it :). I wasn't sure what had caused it but trying to do these with 5kg in each hand yesterday really aggravated it so I'm assuming that's the issue. The weights I have are Olympic plates so they're cumbersome for exercises like this. If I had normal dumbbells there may not have been an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭ReeReeG

I've never had it before!! Had to google it :). I wasn't sure what had caused it but trying to do these with 5kg in each hand yesterday really aggravated it so I'm assuming that's the issue. The weights I have are Olympic plates so they're cumbersome for exercises like this. If I had normal dumbbells there may not have been an issue.

It's a very irritating pain! I blame my mother cos she has it too :pac: Any row-motion exercises helped me a lot and push-up position as well, not even having to do a push-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

Woody has a vet appointment this evening and meetings either side of lunch meant I wouldn't have enough time to do this and shower/change/eat so headed out this morning. Felt tired when the alarm went off. Dressed and out the door into a cool but otherwise nice morning (albeit pitch dark). Paid attention to how I was feeling from the off, grand, nothing untoward to note, maybe a little more tired than usual. Got to the 10 mins @ pace and managed to get up to speed okay but holding the pace was another matter. After about 4 mins I could feel the lactate in my legs and was breathing heavy. Couldn't hold for 10 mins especially as I turned a corner into a hill :rolleyes:, these are unavoidable here so I'm gonna have to get used to doing sessions and tempos etc on them. Hit the lap button on the watch and jogged the rest of the way home, about another 8 mins or so. Probably being too easy on myself and in hindsight I could have done 10 mins slightly under the prescribed pace - morning workouts will be avoided where possible!

I know you've done HR training before. While maybe not possible with the plan you're following now, it might be worth doing tempos, etc, by HR in future. It really helps with the hillier terrain.

Nice training going on around here. Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

+1 on HR relative tempo.

If you live by hills and its not easy to avoid them, you are already building strength running up and down them on most runs!

On top of that you are consistently doing S&C and lots of leg strengthening exercises.

So, the strength is there IMO. You don't need to push up those hills to maintain tempo. Tempo is not about holding X pace for Y time. Its about holding X effort for Y time.

If you are hitting redzone (above lactate threshold) during your tempo you are burning matches. Its likely you are burning those matches on the incline and recovering back to aerobic tempo on the decline. Your tempo pace will be within the threshold range, usually high Z3 to mid Z4 for longer tempo and Z4 for reps.

Sticking to the effort by HR, your pace may be a little slower on the hills but you will speed up again instead of recovering your breath on the decline. Overall smoother effort while still building the tempo minutes. Its not about slowing right down but just backing off enough on hills to keep them within your threshold zone.

Huzzah! wrote: »
    I know you've done HR training before. While maybe not possible with the plan you're following now, it might be worth doing tempos, etc, by HR in future. It really helps with the hillier terrain.

Nice training going on around here. Well done.
    +1 on HR relative tempo.

If you live by hills and its not easy to avoid them, you are already building strength running up and down them on most runs!

On top of that you are consistently doing S&C and lots of leg strengthening exercises.

So, the strength is there IMO. You don't need to push up those hills to maintain tempo. Tempo is not about holding X pace for Y time. Its about holding X effort for Y time.

If you are hitting redzone (above lactate threshold) during your tempo you are burning matches. Its likely you are burning those matches on the incline and recovering back to aerobic tempo on the decline. Your tempo pace will be within the threshold range, usually high Z3 to mid Z4 for longer tempo and Z4 for reps.

Sticking to the effort by HR, your pace may be a little slower on the hills but you will speed up again instead of recovering your breath on the decline. Overall smoother effort while still building the tempo minutes. Its not about slowing right down but just backing off enough on hills to keep them within your threshold zone.

Agee, the plan I'm following is pace only. I do keep an eye on HR for the easier stuff but haven't been doing much of that for the faster pace stuff. I need to change the screen on my watch to HR & HR zone and pay more attention!

Thanks both for the reminder :).

21st Jan Strength (Core) 44 mins

3 rounds, 40 seconds
    Elbow plank
    Full arm plank
    Elbow plank with leg raises (mother of jebus :eek:)
    Oblique dead bugs
    Dead bugs swap (using a foam roller, loved this one)
    Criss cross crunches
    Oblique crunches
    Crunches
    Mountain Climbers

I actually felt physically sick during this! I hate core work, which obvs means I need it. The burn was real..

22nd January HITT 45 mins
    60 sec / 30 sec 2.5 rounds
    jogging / jumping jacks
    Squats/ squat jumps
    Plank jump out / shallow jumps
    Elbow plank leg raises / mountain climbers
    jogging / side jumps
    jogging / high knees

This was less burn and more sweat. Enjoyed it.

Speed Repeats, 5.12 miles @ 10:32 avg HR 144
    Warm up 15 mins @ 10:42 then 7 x 1 min @ 9:04-8:44 1 min recovery and 5 x 1 min @ 8:19-7:59, 1 min recovery, 15 mins cool down @ 11:02

Back up to the GAA pitch for this as the paths around the house were lethal between the freezing temperatures and the sleet that feel in the morning. A tropical 4 degrees by the time I left to do this and paths were OK around the pitch. Having struggled recently to hit lower paces than the ones prescribed here (albeit for longer), I did wonder how this was going to go. I did a combo of walk/jog for each of the recoveries, some with more walking than others. Not sure how much these paces mean given the short duration but here they are.
    7 x 1 min @ 9:04-8:44
    5 x 1 min @ 8:19-7:59
    I did enjoy this, the body wasn't feeling too bad although I went out too fast more often than not. As I was warming up I was thinking about the sudden death of Jerry Kiernan. I only met him once (at my mums funeral) and didn't know him personally but he made an enormous impression on mum when they worked together for a good number of years. They shared a love of empowering children especially those less fortunate and they both shot from the hip. His sudden death is such a shock and my sympathies to his family, friends, athletes and many many students who loved and respected him down through the years.

23rd January 82 mins easy, 7.35 miles @ 11:13 avg hr 138
    This should really have been 90 mins easy but one glass of wine too many and a body that's falling apart, as well as some serious hills on my route meant I didn't quite make it... Another very cold but beautiful day. Headed out from home to run the long way round to the GAA pitches, do a lap and then a shorter route home. The paths were far better than yesterday but slippy in places so had to be careful in spots. The foot was niggling for most of this run but so too was my knee (the one I broke 18 months ago), both on the right leg. Had gotten some treatment on it over the summer (cupping/dry needling) which seemed to help a lot but I can feel it back 'pulling' again. Time to find a physio! I haven't found a sports therapist who'll do a full sports massage down here yet which is frustrating. Anyway, I stopped the watch when I got back to the main road and walked the .42 of a mile up the hill home.

Total miles for the week 21.69
    Strength 2.10 hours
    Avg resting HR 46

That Core session! 40sec on 20 off?

That Core session! 40sec on 20 off?

Yes, forgot the off bit :D

• Advertisement

Yes, forgot the off bit :D

Brutal indeed then! I've missed S&C and eaten poorly all week. Dead bugs a nice gentle start methinks

Nice training there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,623 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Core will really stand to you AM well done

But I’d ease into it.

Try and keep the length of the levers (legs/arms) to a minimum as this can cause poor form and stress the back.

If you’re on your back make sure your spine is imprinted onto the mat

TbL

Core will really stand to you AM well done

But I’d ease into it.

Try and keep the length of the levers (legs/arms) to a minimum as this can cause poor form and stress the back.

If you’re on your back make sure your spine is imprinted onto the mat

TbL

Thanks C, its a supervised zoom class so an eye is kept on all of us and those are two regular refrains! I have a tendancy to forget wrists under shoulders! I'm beginning to hate it less as all of those exercises are incorporated into all the other classes we do but I think that's the first time they were done together with nothing breaking tgem up. Spent most of todays running engaging the TA and running tall so it's definitely helping!

25th Jan 1 hour by feel - 5.30 miles @ 11:23 avg hr 137 time 1:00:26

I had done a mini trial on this a few weeks back to see what I needed to learn before really trying it out. I am always glued to the watch when I follow a plan or at the very least, have feedback coming to me on too fast/too slow etc. Since the try out, I've been focusing on how many steps I take per breath for my easy pace to get a much better feel for it and what the rhythm is like. It seems to have worked because today was a far better result than I had expected. Wrapped up for the cold including gloves and long sleeve both covering the watch.

I had a rough route in mind but the first mile is very downhill and is always way faster than my normal easy pace, today I tried to reign it in a bit more. By the same token the last mile home is very uphill and I mostly aim to finish my run at the bottom so I really didn't know what the pace up might be.. En route I had to stop briefly a couple of times to cross a road and let an elderly couple past a narrow path so I wasn't always entirely sure if I was in the right rhythm or not! I was trying to calculate how much distance I might have covered but anyone that knows me knows that maths and I don't get on, never mind maths while running :D. I got to the top of the hill and turned into the laneway beside my house thinking I was probably a good bit under as I came up the hill faster than I normally would (certainly felt like it anyway although turns out not to be the case...).

I really enjoyed this run, I was definitely well within my easy range, sometimes I run at the top range but I knew that wasn't the case today. Stopped the watch and saved it, then looked at the result - delighted I wasn't way off as I thought I would be!

Mile 1 10:38
    Mile 2 11:30 (had a couple of very short stops here for traffic)
    Mile 3 11:10
    Mile 4 11:13
    Mile 5 11:46
    .29 13:48! up the hill..

26th Jan Strength Session 40 mins

12 squats
    12 v sits
    40 sec arm plank
    2 x 10 squats with elbow cross
    60 sec elbow plank with leg raises
    12 x crunches
    Squat pyramid with pulses:
    12 farmer squats
    12cHip width squats
    12 sumo squats
    12 hip squats
    12 farmer squats
    Plank series:
    Plank crab walk out twice and back twice
    2 push ups, 2 shoulder taps, 2 leg raises
    12 dead bugs
    Finish with 2 x sets of 10 double squats (low squat/deep squat)
    Oblique crunches

And I wonder why I'm feeling tired!!!!

27th January, Speed Repeats, 5.56 miles @10:35 avg hr 144

Instructions were 15 warm up, 4 x 4 mins @ 8:44-9:04 with 3 min recovery, 4 x1 min @8:19-7.59, 1 min recovery, cool down 15 mins.

Had planned to get out the door at 5pm and do this in the Castle park but had to pick up my car from the garage and a mix up meant a delay of 30 mins getting started. Opted for the GAA track as the park closes at 6. Brought the head torch this time but it's pretty useless for seeing in the dark (more for being seen!). There was a strong enough wind in two sections of the route and some stomach cramps towards the end threw things off a bit but otherwise it was ok.

4 x 4 mins @ 8:44-9:04
    Warm up 15 mins @10:42
    4 mins @ 9:00
    4 mins @ 9:04
    4 mins @ 9:00
    4 mins @8:55
    Recoveries averaged 11:30-13:00, I walked the start of all of them and more of the later ones as reading elsewhere that the purpose of the recovery is to ensure you are recovered enough to run the next rep fully. Also to note, the watch was beeping 'pace high' for the first part of a lot of these so I went out too fast and slowed as the time went on, not ideal.
    4 x 1 min @8:19-7.59
    1 min @9.30 - waaay off, for some reason this was a battle!
    1 min @ 8:40
    1 min @8:05 - the only one in range...
    1 min @ 8.30
    Part of the problem with the second round was that I struggle to see the watch in the dark and I couldn't remember what the paces were, the wind also seemed to have picked up at this stage and I needed the loo :rolleyes:.
    Cool down 7.52mins @ 11:24. Had to stop twice during this doubled over :eek: cut it short to get back to the car and head home.

I've noticed my RHR trending upwards in the last few days. At the beginning of Jan it was average 44-45 most days, then started creeping up 46, 47, now it's 49 & 50 the last 2 days. I've been talking about getting my bloods done for the last couple of months so now is a good time. I am feeling tired, not sleeping as well as I should be and probably doing a bit too much....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

A lot going on there AM and already feeling tired. That is some strength session and then a workout.

Take it easy, it is only January.

Don't wear yourself out.

Book bloods!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭ariana`

Hi A. Your strength sessions are so impressive, you will be bullet proof doing all that! I found myself nodding along reading about your speed session, I can identify with a lot of it. I too go out too fast at the start of intervals too and then slow too much and in the end the average is ok but it's not really the ideal execution I'm sure. I have the same issue of running the dark (and often wet) and not really being able to see the watch, it's enough to keep an eye on the ground to avoid potholes & bumps in the road. I'm not sure what the solution is. I think I'd do better if I could get out in daylight but that's not really possible right now but maybe as the evenings start to get a bit brighter it will help. I find a torch/light around my chest works better for lighting the ground than a head torch, I got one from Decathlon. Great work lately on all fronts, I don't know how you fit it all in.

ariana` wrote: »
    Hi A. Your strength sessions are so impressive, you will be bullet proof doing all that! I found myself nodding along reading about your speed session, I can identify with a lot of it. I too go out too fast at the start of intervals too and then slow too much and in the end the average is ok but it's not really the ideal execution I'm sure. I have the same issue of running the dark (and often wet) and not really being able to see the watch, it's enough to keep an eye on the ground to avoid potholes & bumps in the road. I'm not sure what the solution is. I think I'd do better if I could get out in daylight but that's not really possible right now but maybe as the evenings start to get a bit brighter it will help. I find a torch/light around my chest works better for lighting the ground than a head torch, I got one from Decathlon. Great work lately on all fronts, I don't know how you fit it all in.

I think this is partly being out of practice doing speed work and not enough knowledge of what the different paces feel like. Focus on feel is something I need to work more on! Was just saying yesterday evening that as the evenings get brighter it'll be much better #theresagrandstretchcoming.

Bloods booked for next week and taking a step back from the S&C this week.

29th January HITT 40 mins
    Usual Friday 7am class, normally I really enjoy this, today I was just T.I.R.E.D.
    Warm up: jogging/tin man/ split jumps x 2 rounds
    3 rounds, 60 sec each exercise
    Dynamic mountain climbers
    Plank jacks
    slow mountain climbers
    Plank jump outs
    #wrecked

Physio visit at lunchtime resulted in some foot stretches and a very painful session with her digging her elbow into my calves and hips - had to stifle a giggle as I thought of TBL and his physioterrorist!

30th January, Stride Repeats, 4.34 miles @ 10:48 avg hr 137bpm
    This is my favourite workout in this plan. Opted to head up to the GAA pitches again. The weather was pretty ugly so it meant I could throw a few clothing options in the car and put on/take off rain gear if needed. No chance I was taking it off for the warm up anyway :eek:. Despite the weather, the place was busy with walkers so I found a path beside the pitch that goes between one side of the track and the other, in other words, unused by anyone else. There was a guy doing laps of the pitch itself, dressed in tights and GAA shorts but he is completely forgiven as he definitely had the face for it :p. Paces were a bit all over the place as some were into a strong wind and I ran out of road for a couple which meant going around a corner. Thoroughly enjoyed these, I know the numbers don't mean much for such short distances but here they are.
    Instructions for this run were 15 min warm up, 15 x 20 sec @ 150-200spm with 45 sec recoveries, 15 min cool down:
    Warm up 15 mins @ 10:36
    8:42
    7:20
    8:20
    7:45
    7:50
    7:33
    6:59
    7:41
    8:23
    8:15
    7:29
    8:38
    6:48:confused:confused:
    8:11
    Cool down 15 mins @ 10:48.
    Foot was niggling during a lot of this.

31 January Tempo run 5.31 miles @ 10:34 avg hr 148bpm
    This was a 15 min warm up, followed by 15 mins @ 9:39-9:59 and an optional 10 more mins @ 9:39-9:59, then 15 min cool down. It seemed to brighten up as the morning went on so headed out without a rain jacket or hat... #temptthegods. Yesterday, spotify suggested a daily wellness playlist for me, I had it on in the kitchen while I was baking and dancing so decided to play it again sam for my workout today. The songs are so catchy on it I literally danced down the hill for my warmup and into the park as the watch beeped for the first 10 min tempo. By now it was lashing and there was nothing for it but to plough on. The watch kept beeping at me saying I was going too fast but I eventually managed to settle into something of a rhythm listening to my upbeat tunes. Two laps of the park gave me 23 mins and I hit the lap button to being the cool down home. Tried to keep the HR low for this but I find my HR seems to be high in the rain :confused:. S Club 7's 'Reach for the Stars' came on as I got to the start of the big hill home and I bounced up the hill on my toes dancing as I went :D. No doubt the cars that passed were ready to call for the men in white coats but I didn't care, I was soaked to the skin, it was pouring rain but I was ALIVE! Was thinking of Lainyfrecks as she's always so positive on her runs although her taste in music is no doubt better than mine :D.

Warm up 15 mins @ 10:28
    Tempo 23 mins @ 9:43
    Cool Down 15 mins @ 11:41 + 3 mins @ 13:57 (uphill)
    Interesting point to note on this run, I concentrated on running with my foot flexed/flat as it hit the ground with more pronounced knee lift and not a peep out of the PF today, marked improvement.

Having seen shotgunmcos's post about the GOWOD app for testing your mobility, I downloaded it and tried it out earlier this morning (before my run). Results were not altogether surprising
    67% mobility score.
    79% Shoulders
    83% overhead
    55% hips (they don't lie..!)
    56% posterior chain (my hamstrings, glutes and lower back are always stiff)
    50% ankles (the crux of my foot issues it seems..)
    So I need to find a way to improve these now. It could be that I need to go back to a day per week of yoga.

Change of plan for the next week or so to see if it has any affect on my energy levels (although I feel great today). I'm going to run and workout on the same day, that will give me two full days rest a week. Will see how it goes..
    Monday: rest
    Tuesday: 7am strength class + evening run
    Wed: rest
    Thurs: 7am run + 6pm strength class
    Friday: 7am HITT class + maybe some gentle yoga
    Saturday Run
    Sunday Run

29th January HITT 40 mins
    Usual Friday 7am class, normally I really enjoy this, today I was just T.I.R.E.D.
    Warm up: jogging/tin man/ split jumps x 2 rounds
    3 rounds, 60 sec each exercise
    Dynamic mountain climbers
    Plank jacks
    slow mountain climbers
    Plank jump outs
    #wrecked

Physio visit at lunchtime resulted in some foot stretches and a very painful session with her digging her elbow into my calves and hips - had to stifle a giggle as I thought of TBL and his physioterrorist!

30th January, Stride Repeats, 4.34 miles @ 10:48 avg hr 137bpm
    This is my favourite workout in this plan. Opted to head up to the GAA pitches again. The weather was pretty ugly so it meant I could throw a few clothing options in the car and put on/take off rain gear if needed. No chance I was taking it off for the warm up anyway :eek:. Despite the weather, the place was busy with walkers so I found a path beside the pitch that goes between one side of the track and the other, in other words, unused by anyone else. There was a guy doing laps of the pitch itself, dressed in tights and GAA shorts but he is completely forgiven as he definitely had the face for it :p. Paces were a bit all over the place as some were into a strong wind and I ran out of road for a couple which meant going around a corner. Thoroughly enjoyed these, I know the numbers don't mean much for such short distances but here they are.
    Instructions for this run were 15 min warm up, 15 x 20 sec @ 150-200spm with 45 sec recoveries, 15 min cool down:
    Warm up 15 mins @ 10:36
    8:42
    7:20
    8:20
    7:45
    7:50
    7:33
    6:59
    7:41
    8:23
    8:15
    7:29
    8:38
    6:48:confused:confused:
    8:11
    Cool down 15 mins @ 10:48.
    Foot was niggling during a lot of this.

31 January Tempo run 5.31 miles @ 10:34 avg hr 148bpm
    This was a 15 min warm up, followed by 15 mins @ 9:39-9:59 and an optional 10 more mins @ 9:39-9:59, then 15 min cool down. It seemed to brighten up as the morning went on so headed out without a rain jacket or hat... #temptthegods. Yesterday, spotify suggested a daily wellness playlist for me, I had it on in the kitchen while I was baking and dancing so decided to play it again sam for my workout today. The songs are so catchy on it I literally danced down the hill for my warmup and into the park as the watch beeped for the first 10 min tempo. By now it was lashing and there was nothing for it but to plough on. The watch kept beeping at me saying I was going too fast but I eventually managed to settle into something of a rhythm listening to my upbeat tunes. Two laps of the park gave me 23 mins and I hit the lap button to being the cool down home. Tried to keep the HR low for this but I find my HR seems to be high in the rain :confused:. S Club 7's 'Reach for the Stars' came on as I got to the start of the big hill home and I bounced up the hill on my toes dancing as I went :D. No doubt the cars that passed were ready to call for the men in white coats but I didn't care, I was soaked to the skin, it was pouring rain but I was ALIVE! Was thinking of Lainyfrecks as she's always so positive on her runs although her taste in music is no doubt better than mine :D.

Warm up 15 mins @ 10:28
    Tempo 23 mins @ 9:43
    Cool Down 15 mins @ 11:41 + 3 mins @ 13:57 (uphill)
    Interesting point to note on this run, I concentrated on running with my foot flexed/flat as it hit the ground with more pronounced knee lift and not a peep out of the PF today, marked improvement.

Having seen shotgunmcos's post about the GOWOD app for testing your mobility, I downloaded it and tried it out earlier this morning (before my run). Results were not altogether surprising
    67% mobility score.
    79% Shoulders
    83% overhead
    55% hips (they don't lie..!)
    56% posterior chain (my hamstrings, glutes and lower back are always stiff)
    50% ankles (the crux of my foot issues it seems..)
    So I need to find a way to improve these now. It could be that I need to go back to a day per week of yoga.

Change of plan for the next week or so to see if it has any affect on my energy levels (although I feel great today). I'm going to run and workout on the same day, that will give me two full days rest a week. Will see how it goes..
    Monday: rest
    Tuesday: 7am strength class + evening run
    Wed: rest
    Thurs: 7am run + 6pm strength class
    Friday: 7am HITT class + maybe some gentle yoga
    Saturday Run
    Sunday Run

67% is a decent starting point. My overall mobility was 58%. If you think your back, glutes and hams are tight, I was at 13%! I don't just see it as time invested to running but necessary for quality of life as we age. Interesting your shoulder mobility is good and undoubtedly due to your consistent S&C.

• Advertisement

67% is a decent starting point. My overall mobility was 58%. If you think your back, glutes and hams are tight, I was at 13%! I don't just see it as time invested to running but necessary for quality of life as we age. Interesting your shoulder mobility is good and undoubtedly due to your consistent S&C.

What is this age thing you speak of :D. You got 100% on ankle mobility!!! This is an area I really need to focus on - any recommendations for improving it? I was surprised by my shoulder mobility as I can't bring my right arm up through my shoulder blades (you know that exercise where you put one arm down your back and the other up?). I've been doing yoga for many many years so I'd say my posterior chain is better due to that but I need to work more on my post run stretches.

The March challenge should be quickest to 100% in all areas :pac:

The March challenge should be quickest to 100% in all areas :pac:

Hold that thought! I'll be looking for ideas..

Ankle mobility
    https://youtu.be/8Pgi2s2b2BY

Hip mobility
    Dance like nobody is watching!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Must try that GOWOD thingy. I’ve a feeling my scores would be very low indeed.

Hold that thought! I'll be looking for ideas..

Ankle mobility
    https://youtu.be/8Pgi2s2b2BY

Hip mobility
    Dance like nobody is watching!

A blast from the past there, I remember signing up for his stuff years ago, a quick search on gmail tells me 2016/17. Thanks for that.

I can definitely #dancelikenooneiswatching :D

Murph_D wrote: »
    Must try that GOWOD thingy. I’ve a feeling my scores would be very low indeed.

That's okay though, it'll give you specifics to focus on! And you might be surprised by some of the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

I was soaked to the skin, it was pouring rain but I was ALIVE! Was thinking of Lainyfrecks as she's always so positive on her runs although her taste in music is no doubt better than mine :D.

I love this & love that something as simple as some good songs can make you feel this way. I love running for that very reason, it can just lift your mood:)
    I don't always feel it believe me but I do try to take as much positives as I can from each run ( some may call it being away with the fairies, but I don't mind that either) Oh god my taste in music is very very debatable & random, but again it's my playlist so who cares:P

That's okay though, it'll give you specifics to focus on! And you might be surprised by some of the results.

Overall 45% :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Overall 45% :eek:

I managed a mightily impressive 47% :pac:

skyblue46 wrote: »
    I managed a mightily impressive 47% :pac:

Ooh. Can’t wait for the next test. ;) Race you to 50%

• Advertisement