Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garda corruption alive and well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭coolemon

The note underneath the video is hilarious:

"Less than 72 hours after posting this video, Joe reported that "up to 20 Gardai and a number of detectives in riot gear" stormed his house while Joe and his family were still in bed. No warrant was shown. Joe was handcuffed. His wife and elderly father were directed to co-operate - "or else!" All Joe's computers, phones, files and documents were seized - as well as those of his family. Joe was taken to the barracks and charged with obstructing a search warrant - despite no warrant having ever been shown - and no personal 'obstruction' on the part of Joe or his family having taken place!"

Up to 20 Gardai and a number of detectives in riot gear stormed his house without a warrant? As if. He sounds like a Walter Mitty.

It doesn't say they didn't have a warrant. It says the warrant was not shown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

Zulu wrote: »
    What's with you repeating all your post?

Glad it's not just me. Thought I was having a severe case of Déjà vu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

The note underneath the video is hilarious:

"Less than 72 hours after posting this video, Joe reported that "up to 20 Gardai and a number of detectives in riot gear" stormed his house while Joe and his family were still in bed. No warrant was shown. Joe was handcuffed. His wife and elderly father were directed to co-operate - "or else!" All Joe's computers, phones, files and documents were seized - as well as those of his family. Joe was taken to the barracks and charged with obstructing a search warrant - despite no warrant having ever been shown - and no personal 'obstruction' on the part of Joe or his family having taken place!"

Up to 20 Gardai and a number of detectives in riot gear stormed his house without a warrant? As if. He sounds like a Walter Mitty.

No warrant this is Donegal all over again

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭irritablebaz

i dont think there is that much corruption. i got pulled the other day as my tax on my car was out. i offered said guard half of my cheese sandwich in my glovebox but he was having none of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

Whats your agenda?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Did you see this happening and have proof or do you just believe everything you see on the internet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

Why do they still call it "The Barracks"? Do they sleep there? I prefer "Station". Derived from "Stationary". Or in other words, not moving much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Maybe there was, maybe there wasn't. I don't know. I wasn't there.

However its hard to imagine how a charge of "obstructing a warrant" could even get to court. Wouldn't the warrant be the first thing to be examined?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,519 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

The newspaper backed up what he said in fairness! The Gardai told his ex to delete the text messages and jot down what they said in some paper!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

John_Rambo wrote: »
    The newspaper backed up what he said in fairness! The Gardai told his ex to delete the text messages and jot down what they said in some paper!

said his barrister ,

must be true then

• Advertisement

mynamejeff wrote: »
    said his barrister

Well it came out in court from what I can gather! Don't see anyone denying it! Just sayin like!

T The Gardai told his ex to delete the text messages and jot down what they said in some paper!

Thats not fact so stop presenting it as if it is.Read the report properly.

Thats not fact so stop presenting it as if it is.Read the report properly.

I'll say what I want as long as it's not against the charter and boards.ie are ok with it. Thanks teacher.

I'll say what I want as long as it's not against the charter and boards.ie are ok with it. Thanks teacher.

I think soapboxing is against the charter but I'll go with the flow.You're posting rubbish.

I think soapboxing is against the charter but I'll go with the flow.You're posting rubbish.

I just remarked that what was said in the article corresponds with the man said on the video.

And it does!

No big deal, calm down, easy tiger, don't get all worked up this early in the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

You might want to watch it first

Thanks for telling us that four times. Was the needle stuck?

Well it came out in court from what I can gather! Don't see anyone denying it! Just sayin like!

the article is tiny , im sure lots of things were said and alleged by this nut bag that arent in the article .

theres lads like him in every town in ireland who are fondly referred to as the local lunatic.

there used to be a guy in arklow who stood at the bridge asd shouted at traffic for hours on end . he declared his wee farm an independent nation and ran for local elections,

these lads are grand as long as they dont hurt anyone , unfortunately this lad obviously did ( the ex) so he has come to notice of gardai who it seems executed a search warrant under section 10 of the criminal justice act to gather evidence.

mynamejeff wrote: »
    the article is tiny , im sure lots of things were said and alleged by this nut bag that arent in the article .

theres lads like him in every town in ireland who are fondly referred to as the local lunatic.

there used to be a guy in arklow who stood at the bridge asd shouted at traffic for hours on end . he declared his wee farm an independent nation and ran for local elections,

these lads are grand as long as they dont hurt anyone , unfortunately this lad obviously did ( the ex) so he has come to notice of gardai who it seems executed a search warrant under section 10 of the criminal justice act to gather evidence.

Fair enough, you're obviously much more familiar with everyone involved than I am. Interesting video, interesting story.

seems to be on the tax defaulters list too, :-) :-) :-)

google search is a blessing

Interesting video, interesting story.

eh no.

• Advertisement

eh no.

Did you watch it?

Did you watch it?

Did you ?

Did you ?

I did. I wouldn't normally watch something like that. I'd watch a bit and take it with a pinch of salt. I'd say he could be a bit touched all right, but there could be an element of truth. You never know. So, you never answered my question. Did you watch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

For anyone that bothered watching the videos what happened to this man is a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

Letree wrote: »
    For anyone that bothered watching the videos what happened to this man is a disgrace.

He talks about numerous articles which upon googling I have been able to find none of.
    Bizarre in this day and age.
    He says there was a special sitting of roscommon court on st stephens day, yet again nothing about this on google. And theres no doubt about it that that would be on google!

I watched the 2nd part too.
    Dont watch this it'll be the greatest waste of time in your life. He gives out about 'documents' that were seized in his house a few days after he'd the chance to show these 'documents' to the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Oh if it says it in that rag it's definitely true
    Oh the irony. It's true if someone says something on youtube, but not true if it's printed.

=-=

The 20 Gardai thing; I'm wondering how many are used in a normal raid where equipment that could contain evidence of a law being broken (harassment) would be taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

• Advertisement

I watched the whole thing. 50 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement