Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garda corruption alive and well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

I would hate to be in his position 15 years!! Sounds like intimidation at the highest level.

After the video aired, a load of gardai drag him out of his house, no search warrant was provided to the solictor or family and after 3 hours he is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

cassid wrote: »
    I would hate to be in his position 15 years!! Sounds like intimidation at the highest level.

After the video aired, a load of gardai drag home out of his house, no search warrant was provided to the solictor or family and after 3 hours he is released.

Don't believe everything you hear

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

After the video aired, a load of gardai drag home out of his house, no search warrant was provided to the solictor or family and after 3 hours he is released.

Don't believe that rubbish. Rant, rant,rant:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Sure a guard shot at me the other night. Took his bullet casing with him so no evidence unfortunately :-( but I'm telling the truth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

The note underneath the video is hilarious:

"Less than 72 hours after posting this video, Joe reported that "up to 20 Gardai and a number of detectives in riot gear" stormed his house while Joe and his family were still in bed. No warrant was shown. Joe was handcuffed. His wife and elderly father were directed to co-operate - "or else!" All Joe's computers, phones, files and documents were seized - as well as those of his family. Joe was taken to the barracks and charged with obstructing a search warrant - despite no warrant having ever been shown - and no personal 'obstruction' on the part of Joe or his family having taken place!"

Up to 20 Gardai and a number of detectives in riot gear stormed his house without a warrant? As if. He sounds like a Walter Mitty.

Have these persons made complaints to the GSOC?

edit: just got to the bit where one of the corrupt judges later became the first GSOC commissioner so no joy for him there either:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I don't believe everything I read.

I know a few gardai and a few investigators in GSOC, so I would be familiar with some cases of initimation by gardai.

I know some good doctor's

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭mfergus

I don't believe everything I read.

I know a few gardai and a few investigators in GSOC, so I would be familiar with some cases of initimation by gardai.

Are you saying that gsoc investigators are telling members of the public(you) about their investigations?

That is one hell of a scam by the Gardai in Ballina to earn themselves a sh1tload of overtime! every one of them turned up to arrest him on Stephen's day!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

So many gullible fools in here, it's scary. Once they hear "garda" and "corruption", they'll believe any old crap from whatever crackpot is spouting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

A garda detective with a vendetta causes 15 years of harassment with over ten cases of trumped up charges

Well we have precedent with the Donegal case.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭NotCominBack

So many gullible fools in here, it's scary. Once they hear "garda" and "corruption", they'll believe any old crap from whatever crackpot is spouting it.

Not sure which is worse, gullible fool or ignorant fool

• Registered Users Posts: 9,518 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Jaysus, no middle ground on this thread. No reading between the lines and not much intuition.

I guess for some if it's not online it didn't happen. Very naive, I'd say there's a lot more to this story from all parties involved. I suspect some posters on this thread might even be involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

I watched the whole thing. 50 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

I didn't. I'm a busy man I don't have that kinda time, but I believe I'm still as well informed.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Michael Angelo.

I was stopped at a checkpoint once, I was pulled from my car in pyjamas and frisked. I was brought to a barrack by 30 if not 36 of the boys in riot gear. I was held for 75 hours. I was called a liar repeatedly through out seven or eight questioning occasions in the barrack. I was cold and hungry. There is no way I'd have drove if I knew my left tail light was gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

I for one belieive the story, why whould he put his neck further ut on the chopping block?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

I for one belieive the story, why whould he put his neck further ut on the chopping block?

Because his stairway doesn't go all the way to heaven?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

So this man is a convicted criminal with some ten different charges/offences to his name and the Gardai are the corrupt ones?

I'm not denying that some Gardai have done some seriously corrupt things but this is not the case here. Let's not have this thread degenerate into the usual senseless and needless garda-bashing free for all.

If you have repeated run ins with the Gardai then I would suggests it's yourself you need to look at, not them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Wang King wrote: »
    Because his stairway doesn't go all the way to heaven?
    Because he's about 5 cans short of a 6 pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Well we have precedent with the Donegal case.

Nutters claiming the powers that be are all corrupt lizard people - We have precedent for that too. All over the Internet, especially Youtube.

And no I haven't watched the video as I have seen no evidence to suggest it's anything other than another Internet rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

He talks about numerous articles which upon googling I have been able to find none of.
    Bizarre in this day and age.
    He says there was a special sitting of roscommon court on st stephens day, yet again nothing about this on google. And theres no doubt about it that that would be on google!

Not necessarily. A court on Stephen's Day would be specially convened at short notice for essential business e.g. dealing with someone just arrested or remanding someone in custody for an extended period. It would be routine business lasting maybe ten minutes. If you were a journalist who had worked Xmas Eve would you leave the racecourse, your tv or your local on Stephen's Day to cover that?

• Advertisement

This one goes out to all those out there who, after watching the video, believe him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

He should be delighted he got charged for obstructing a warrant. Now he can demand production of the warrant and challenge it in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

feargale wrote: »
    Not necessarily. A court on Stephen's Day would be specially convened at short notice for essential business e.g. dealing with someone just arrested or remanding someone in custody for an extended period. It would be routine business lasting maybe ten minutes. If you were a journalist who had worked Xmas Eve would you leave the racecourse, your tv or your local on Stephen's Day to cover that?

You think that a court case called at short notice on stephens day and a man ended up with a 100 euro fine, that this wouldn't make any paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Panrich

So this man is a convicted criminal with some ten different charges/offences to his name and the Gardai are the corrupt ones?

I'm not denying that some Gardai have done some seriously corrupt things but this is not the case here. Let's not have this thread degenerate into the usual senseless and needless garda-bashing free for all.

If you have repeated run ins with the Gardai then I would suggests it's yourself you need to look at, not them.

And his story is all about how he became a convicted criminal.

His claims are that he only has the convictions because of the corruption within the Gardai in ballina and the fact that district and circuit court judges will usually side with a Garda Sargent detective or superintendent over someone facing charges especially when a claim is made that the charges have been fabricated by the same Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

Oh if it says it in that rag it's definitely true

Right....buta YouTube rant, now that's believable.

And can you sort out your multi posting? It's annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

You think that a court case called at short notice on stephens day and a man ended up with a 100 euro fine, that this wouldn't make any paper?

There are often special sittings called on bank holidays without any newspaper coverage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

We are not in fact musicians of the late renaissance music.
    Or indeed the early or middle renaissance.
    We are Criminals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

We are not in fact musicians of the late renaissance music.
    Or indeed the early or middle renaissance.
    We are Criminals.
    Step away from the bong ;):D :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Seo.OBriain

A lot of really disturbing comments made on this thread just dismissing this man.
    It makes me wonder how easy it would actually be to get away with corruption when so many people would just shout crazy and ignore it.

A bit like one of the links posted in the actual YT vid's comments from a dude who thinks he's being targeted by government with brain-washing satellite technology.. now that is truly disturbing.

Anyway, I watched the videos then searched online for a while, out of sheer amazement of the allegations, and I read up on whatever I could find that could corroborate the story. Not much, but I can agree that the Independant and Independant newsgroup organisation is a rag and has it's own biased agenda in general, just like almost every other media organisation.

The bottom line is all about the allegations and if evidence exists and can be brought to light to prove it.

Either I am another sucker and have been royally duped or this is one of the most vindictive, strange and corrupt cases of abuse of power I've ever heard of anywhere.

I'm not in much doubt that what he says is honest and true, his rough, jaw-droppingly detailed and complicated outline of events seems genuine to me.

I hope it's not true. I really do.

Now, off to watch Leviathan RUS 2014. because we all know that's definitely just more rantings of another loon whose lost his mind and has decided to scream at the government to blame them and anyone else for their own personal problems. Only, I'm sure that the made up script will find it hard to beat the Ballina script for levels of detail and a real-life originality.

Seriously though, it's good fun to watch this stuff because we know it just never happens for real anywhere and especially not in Ireland.

Sure, if it did we'd hear about it all the time thanks to the media and our ethical codes of journalism and the like.

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement