Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 NFL Superbowl XLIX

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Where's a good place to watch in Cork? Woolshed is showing it but not sure what that means, as we had to leave at halftime in Colts Broncos game. Major buzzkill. I would like to see the whole game and have a few pints but not a case of last orders half 11, game over at 3. Getting hungover in the 4th would not be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Seahawks
    Deco99 wrote: »
    Where's a good place to watch in Cork? Woolshed is showing it but not sure what that means, as we had to leave at halftime in Colts Broncos game. Major buzzkill. I would like to see the whole game and have a few pints but not a case of last orders half 11, game over at 3. Getting hungover in the 4th would not be nice.

If the woolshed in Dublin is anythign to go by id say they will show the lot. Just ring them though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Seahawks
    Nowhere showing it in Waterford either really by the looks of things, think places are missing out at this point. There is certainly enough of a fanbase and interest level at this stage to be worth their while

• Registered Users Posts: 9,668 ✭✭✭nerd69

Seahawks
    Deco99 wrote: »

cork admirals are holding a party in musgrave park (the dolphin side) details here
    https://www.facebook.com/corkadmiralsAFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Seahawks
    Last minute shocker: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:12243268

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Seahawks
    Hazys wrote: »

As usual my broadband is shyte, I can't even get that vid to play :(. What team did the orangutan vote for?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,828 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Seahawks
    As usual my broadband is shyte, I can't even get that vid to play :(. What team did the orangutan vote for?

Everyone should have a line in the sand that they draw, where they say reading or seeking out anymore super bowl analysis is not healthy. You, sir, have found your line.

Seahawks
    Everyone should have a line in the sand that they draw, where they say reading or seeking out anymore super bowl analysis is not healthy. You, sir, have found your line.

God dammit man! Tell me, who did the monkey pick.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Seahawks
    You really have to watch the vid, don't want to spoil it for you...
    ok,he puts on the Brady jersey eventually, after attempting to rip it apart

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Apparently the one interview Marshawn Lynch did was with E! News, the dude is just bizarre.

• Advertisement

Seahawks
    so brandon browner has stated that after the game the l.o.b. are his friends but during the game he will be telling his guys to target earl thomas shoulder and shermans elbow and break them if they can. iv no doubt these things are said in every locker room but to say that to the media particularly in the current nfl environmentis idiotic.

in fairness to sherman he responded well to it he gets a lot of bad press so credit where its due.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Seahawks
    The entirelty of Superbowl week is a non sense, media types need to fill an entire week of news items but there is nothing to report on, hence we get "stories" such as this or the Lynch not talking to the media. There is never any actual news.

Hopefully the game will get here before everyone's head explodes.

Seahawks
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/29/another-false-alarm-at-patriots-hotel/

Another false fire alarm in the middle of the night in the Patriots hotel.

The hotel may want to step up their security a little bit.

Seahawks
    Hazys wrote: »
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/29/another-false-alarm-at-patriots-hotel/

Another false fire alarm in the middle of the night in the Patriots hotel.

The hotel may want to step up their security a little bit.

it something the nfl needs to somehow clamp down on its happened the eagles a few times over the last few years most recently before there thanksgiving game with the cowboys

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Pats have been woken up during the night for the second time since they arrived in AZ.. surely someone is taking the piss..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

should have read up a post or 2 :pac:

Seahawks
    This preview looks like its gonna be hilarious:

Seahawks

:D

gronk and skittles on conan tonight looks like it will be funny

edit:never mind beaten to the punch

Seahawks
    nerd69 wrote: »
    :D

gronk and skittles on conan tonight looks like it will be funny

edit:never mind beaten to the punch

Just call me the Adam Schefter of Boards :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Seahawks
    nerd69 wrote: »
    it something the nfl needs to somehow clamp down on its happened the eagles a few times over the last few years most recently before there thanksgiving game with the cowboys

In all fairness. It's not really anything to do with the NFL. I'm not sure what they could do about it! Up to the team to put people on Fire alarm control! :pac:

• Advertisement

Seahawks
    SantryRed wrote: »
    In all fairness. It's not really anything to do with the NFL. I'm not sure what they could do about it! Up to the team to put people on Fire alarm control! :pac:

ya sorry i meant the nfl or franchises need to do exactly that not sure if they would though its a lot of people to cover a lot of fire alarms

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Apparently its much ado about nothing. The alarm was set off in a different part of the complex completely to the Pats and didn't interfere on their sleep. Well that's according to Jason La Canfora (IIRC).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Is it just me out of the neutrals that are struggling to get excited about this? Very strange and I can't even put my finger on why, but it's just not getting my pulse racing at all. Maybe it will be different once the day of the game comes around.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,828 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Seahawks
    Paully D wrote: »
    Is it just me out of the neutrals that are struggling to get excited about this? Very strange and I can't even put my finger on why, but it's just not getting my pulse racing at all. Maybe it will be different once the day of the game comes around.

No I'm the same. No underdog to root for or anything. I put money on it to keep me excited. Pats by 7-12 points.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I'm sure I'll be excited about the game on Sunday. The over-analysis of every single detail does get tiring though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭NotYourYear20

Seahawks
    SantryRed wrote: »

Yet if it was happening in the Seahawks hotel, I've no doubt some media fruits would probably be blaming the Pats...#Alarmgate.
    Paully D wrote: »
    Is it just me out of the neutrals that are struggling to get excited about this?

As a neutral myself I'm really looking forward to it.

Seahawks
    Yet if it was happening in the Seahawks hotel, I've no doubt some media fruits would probably be blaming the Pats...#Alarmgate..

no they would not this happens more regularly than you would believe and generally its the opposing teams fans get blamed never the organisation.

Seahawks
    Some of ye might be interested to see the joint press conference that Bill & Pete conducted yesterday, there was a nice bit of craic between them at times....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Seahawks
    As a neutral I am definitely also struggling to get really excited about it. Off to firm up final bets now and listen to a few pods so excited or not, I'll immerse myself in coverage regardless.

• Advertisement

Seahawks
    My main problem is if either of these teams were playing anyone else I'd be rooting for that other team. I dislike the Seahawks more than I dislike the Patriots. So I'll be rooting for the Seahawks to lose more than the Pats to win.

Hoping for a close game if nothing else.

Advertisement