Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 NFL Superbowl XLIX

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Seahawks
    Anyone else book time off work for this? :D
    Paully D wrote: »
    Yep, starting to get excited now watching the build up on NBC. Though being ill and having to be up at 6am tomorrow morning doesn't help. This better not go to overtime! :pac:

Corvus is an expert in medical stuff. Will sort you out with a good excuse to pull a sickie ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

mikemac1 wrote: »

My decision to take additional time off over Christmas doesn't appear to be too clever now. :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm off tomorrow, did hell and back this morning and haven't had a power nap, I may hit the red bull at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 39,474 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Seahawks
    Not off tomorrow but not starting my shift until midday so it will be grand. I had a a sleep a few hours ago so I'm fairly good to go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭johnohanlon

Pats, Packers (what with the massive Green Bay-Ireland connection of course, makes total sense ;) ), Giants, Bears, and for some reason when you're in the Woolshed there's often lots of Ravens fans as well.

What about the Eagles? There was a lot of Philadelphia emigration in the past in my local area anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Seahawks
    Have tomorrow off too.

What channel is anyone watching it on? I don't have sky so was thinking between gamepass or channel4.

Have the beer Jameson and snacks in ...can't fcuking wait!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

mikemac1 wrote: »

Have tomorrow off, beer and snacks ready to go. Have to say as much as I am excited about tonight I am also dreading the long wait till August with no football :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

BKWDR wrote: »
    Have tomorrow off too.

What channel is anyone watching it on? I don't have sky so was thinking between gamepass or channel4.

Have the beer Jameson and snacks in ...can't fcuking wait!!!

Going with Channel 4. Had GamePass both this year and last, but preferred watching it on C4 last year.

Didn't bother paying for the playoffs this season though, so tonight I don't have a choice unless I want to stream again!

coco1981 wrote: »
    Have tomorrow off, beer and snacks ready to go. Have to say as much as I am excited about tonight I am also dreading the long wait till August with no football :(

My draft preparation will start tomorrow. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Seahawks
    Anybody watching the build up on sky, Micheal Irvin is hilarious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

@FO_ASchatz: "Take back what I said before the game about fans seeming more even. This is totally SEA home game unless local ARI fans can bring the hate."

Will be interesting to hear if there's a noise difference when each team is on offense.

@MattBowen41: Just arrived at the stadium for #SB49. Field looks perfect. http://t.co/sNtGvTWJm5

10954652_316230308573217_1670800283_n.jpg

I'll give it a few weeks, but I'm somewhat looking forward to reading up on it and so on.

I haven't really been able to follow much college ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Chancellor wearing a knee brace.

B8yfGSSCIAEJ-Oj.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Seahawks

Free agency comes before the draft!

First thing I'll be doing is posting speculative rumours and wish lists.

I read the Bears will cut Brandon Marshall, there is a Ravens jersey waiting for him. I can dream can't I? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I've taken the whole week off for this ;)

Snacks ready, and come on you Hawks!

Is the Free Agency Combine starting this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I think the Seahawks will win tonight. I do think it will be a very even game but the Seahawks just edge it for me.

Seahawks
    Jesus Kevin caddle is stumbling over all his words and lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,034 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Jesus Kevin caddle is stumbling over all his words and lines.

He always is if you ask me.

I think he is a terrible presenter.

• Advertisement

Saw a stat on a Betfair preview that stated the higher ranked defense has won 7 of the last 8 Super Bowl's and 13 of the last 16.

Seahawks
    He always is if you ask me.

I think he is a terrible presenter.

Oh I mean he's not great but he just seems to be worse than normal tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Seahawks
    Jonas Gray inactive...a lot of passing from the Pats, but only 3 active WRs so risky strategy

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Reinebold is brilliant at breaking down plays using the touchscreen.

Seahawks
    Reinebold is brilliant at breaking down plays using the touchscreen.

Yep. Hes brilliant. Shawn gayle not so much.

Random thoughts ahead of the game...

- The bookies have it dead even, and I don't have a strong lean either way. Hoping for a good, close game.

- Kind of expect defenses to be on top. If the Patriots limit the run, they have a great chance, and if the Seahawks get pressure on Brady, they'll have a great chance too.

- Knowing Belichick, he'll set his defense up to take away the run at all costs. If they stack the box and do this, how will the Seahawks counter?

- Where I think the QBs will really earn their corn is on 3rd-down conversions. Neither team will march up and down the field, so those 3rd-down conversions wills be a crucial in terms of keeping drives going.

- Gronkowski, huge factor obviously. A lot of teams tactic seems to be to hold him, so interesting to see how tightly the refs call that.

- Injuries to Sherman and Earl Thomas....the Patriots will surely test them early in the game, even if it's on the ground.

Super Bowl 49, enjoy it folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

padraig_f wrote: »

- Injuries to Sherman and Earl Thomas

kam chancellors banged up too, thats 3 of the 4 members of the secondary are suffering from some sort of injury. I reckon Brady will take full advantage of this

Beer open, popcorn ready. Lets go!

Enjoy, fellas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

What's actual kick off ?

• Advertisement

Seahawks
    What's actual kick off ?

Half eleven.

Advertisement