Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,424 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I reckon its too late to jump on a Galway - Dublin bus to catch the Chemical Brothers set now I'd say.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,424 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So whats the reports was it dry in Dublin as opposed to pouring in Galway, how was the Chemical Brothers.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Best I've ever seen them/him brilliant fun. Sound was spot on, excellent visuals and the new stuff was great. Setting Sun out of control was excellent, mostly they went for the normal versions of songs though and it worked for them. Best act ot the weekend I thought, though Jose Gonzalez was magical earlier on.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Chemical brothers were brilliant , danny brown was excellent too , another great day , blessed with weather , I'm in my 30s n didn't mind all the Young heads there, they wer very well bereaved from what I saw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Was a last minute attendance for me, only decided Saturday night I was going.

Red Bull stage was well packed with sand, no mud to be seen. Wasn't really feeling the music though, and a LOT on young youngins there. Weather yesterday was grand, a lot better than I was expecting.

An awful lot of session moths about though. But I suppose that is to be expected.

Chemical Brothers though. Man, that was something else. Well worth the cash just to see them.

Hopefully the guy that had a seizure in the middle of the crowd is ok, was tough trying to get word out to security that it was going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Was a last minute attendance for me, only decided Saturday night I was going.

Red Bull stage was well packed with sand, no mud to be seen. Wasn't really feeling the music though, and a LOT on young youngins there. Weather yesterday was grand, a lot better than I was expecting.

An awful lot of session moths about though. But I suppose that is to be expected.

Chemical Brothers though. Man, that was something else. Well worth the cash just to see them.

Hopefully the guy that had a seizure in the middle of the crowd is ok, was tough trying to get word out to security that it was going on.

He came out if it and was standing when security took him out

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

The main thing I took from Longitude on Saturday; genuinely have not seen that much collective arse hanging out in my life ever. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

Jose Gonzalez was perfect for that hour of the day and got to sit in the Sun right in front of the stage. Beautiful. But my God, the chem bros were something else. A lot better than what I expected. The new edit of Galvanize blew me away! Great day all in all. Leaving at 11 is the only killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,311 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Brilliant day on Saturday. For me the line up was not the best beforehand but came out of the park as a fan of some new acts.

Weather was surprisingly nice and ideal really. Spent most of the day between the main stage & the red bull arena. red bull arena was great actually in general. Didn't find the queues bad at all at any point, except for the security check but that was to be expected and even then I had no bag with me so flew through it in comparison to others.

Would have loved to stay for the Sunday for the acts - Wolf Alice, Jose Gonzalez, Everything Everything, Chem Bros but work constricted me.

First Longitude, won't be the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Anyone know who danny Browns dj is ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 DayvFit

cson wrote: »
    The main thing I took from Longitude on Saturday; genuinely have not seen that much collective arse hanging out in my life ever. :eek:

I really should've went but mates wouldn't go :/
    Hopefully I can make up for it by finding EP tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 5,939 ✭✭✭leakyboots

cson wrote: »

haha I was at it last year and thought the same. The gf saw not one, not two, but THREE vaginas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

God, was listening to 'Exit Planet Dust' on the way into work earlier, got into the lift and was doing a bit of a dance in the mirror. Unbeknownst to me, an old boss walked right in behind me. The flithy look she gave me, don't know what she thinks I was doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I got a ticket for just the Sunday, only decided last week to get one as i hadn't anything planned for yesterday and it's been a while since i went to a festival. Living in Dublin makes it handier to get to rather than journeying to the festivals down the country.

I have to say, i had a really class day, really enjoyed it. I knew the Heineken would be six euro, it's a joke of a price but it's to be expected unfortunately. Bought a few cans in the Centra across the road and drank them before going in.

I've had less hassle going through airport security than i did yesterday. Everything out of your pockets onto the table, a pat down and then scanned with a detector. This caused a bit of a hold up, but it wasn't too bad.

The weather was grand and the ground was good, i just had runners and it was fine. Plenty of bars so there were no queues as such, straight in and served and lots of toilets too. A lot of food stalls as well, overall the facilities were very good.

I mainly spent the day in the Whelans tent as i'm not a fan of Wild Beasts and Everything Everything. I did see the first few minutes off both acts, but they're not for me.

Spies were very good, but The Districts were brilliant and highlight of my day. I'd never heard of them before, but i'll definitely be getting their album.

The main band i went for was Wolf Alice but i actually only saw the first few minutes. I was walking by the circus tent earlier and saw on the blackboard outside that there was an act called The Piano Has Been Drinking scheduled for 8pm. That's a Tom Waits song so i asked inside and it turns out it was a Tom Waits tribute act. I love Tom Waits so i watched them instead. I'm sure i'll see Wolf Alice again.

The tribute act was very good. Beautiful looking piano and the songs were interspersed with clips of Waits interviews on a tv and a narrator (dressed as Tom Waits from the 1970's) at the side of the stage giving a dramatic telling of the life and times, the main moments and quips and quotes from the great man himself.

Saw the first ten minutes or so of the Chemical Bros, but i'm not a fan so headed off. It was grand as there was a number 16 bus outside with lots of empty seats upstairs so even my journey out from Marley Park back into town was swift. It's usually a nightmare, but obviously leaving earlier before the main act was done helped with that.

As i said at the beginning, i had a really great day. My first time at Longitude and i'll definitely be getting a weekend pass next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,432 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I didn't enjoy it as much as last year, I have to say. Poorer line-up and a much younger crowd. I didn't bother going on Friday but a friend of mine who was working in the Bacardi tent said that had the youngest crowd by far, so if they were even younger than the kids going around on Saturday then I'm glad I missed it!

Yesterday was a bit more chilled, though. Tove Lo was excellent and the Chemical Brothers were amazing.

Definitely some issues with sound this year which may have been caused by the stage orientation, which was changed. Loos were waaaay better than last year. Even by yesterday they were still grand. We left at around 10.30 and there was a line of taxis the whole length of the Grange Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

this guy:
    https://twitter.com/xskywlkr
    was hoping he'd keep on playing in the time before Kaytranada came on as he was so much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Did anyone catch James Blake? thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Mahogany

Only went in for The Chem Bro's, they were amazing but the sound was too low!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Really enjoyed his set, would definitely go and see him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭whatever76

Did anyone see Leon Bridges ?
    He playing in Whelans in Sept so thinking of getting tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Good but kinda subdued at the start due to a small crowd which he even commented on. I think his music gets lost on a big outdoor stage. I've seen him in a tent and he blew the balls off the crowd. I still enjoyed him but the music doesn't have the same impact in that kind of venue. I would give anything to see him in somewhere like the Olympia.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Really? I seen him in Barcelona in June with about 20k people outside and it was fantastic, it was quite loud so that worked well with his sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Had an excellent weekend! Glass Animals, Josef Salvat, Girl Band, Alt-J, Everything Everything, Chemcal Bros all excellent!

This is despite some lad randomly trying to start a fight with my girlfriend and then subsequently me in the crowd for Chemical Brothers? Bizarre.

Was it just me though that there was a lot of sound and technical issues? There seemed to be an awful lot of issues with bands monitors and a lot of distortion on vocals on all of the stages. Lot of vocalists seemed to just give up and take their monitors out half the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

frantic190 wrote: »
    Had an excellent weekend! Glass Animals, Josef Salvat, Girl Band, Alt-J, Everything Everything, Chemcal Bros all excellent!

This is despite some lad randomly trying to start a fight with my girlfriend and then subsequently me in the crowd for Chemical Brothers? Bizarre.

Was it just me though that there was a lot of sound and technical issues? There seemed to be an awful lot of issues with bands monitors and a lot of distortion on vocals on all of the stages. Lot of vocalists seemed to just give up and take their monitors out half the time.

I was only there on Saturday but 3 of the 5 bands I watched had dire sound. Vocals were being lost in the middle of the rest of the sound. Very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

The sound for Caribou was awful. i was right up the front and it was so low.
    Seemed to improve for Sunday though

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Well it was a good giggle! I was only there on Saturday but have to say the sound was awfully low. Couldn't really enjoy anything on the main stage. The tent was much better but the best places were the mini-bars like the Barcardi bar, the tx:fm tent and the RBMA area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Sound was fine for the Chemical Brothers

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Slim1996

Whoever he was he was so ****ing hype the energy was crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Slim1996

Danny Brown was crazy like the energy him and his DJ brought was crazy but could barely hear his mic

Kaytrayanada was life changing waited months to see him he caught my chain on stage and even returned it to me halfway through his set and got a photo and all at the end with him such a legend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

i lasted about ten mins at Danny Brown - couldnt hack it. just one of those sounds i cant get in to.

Advertisement