Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Toast

10pm has been the bar closing for outdoor festivals as long as I can remember in this country. Don't blame the festival AFAIK it's the law. I'm sure Heineken would be happy to sell their overpriced muck into the early hours if they were allowed. Was in Nos Alive in Lisbon last week where it was 3.50 a half litre (or 3 euro for almost a half bottle of wine) and they served all night and it was civilized compared to here. I guess we can't be trusted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

You can't compare a day festival to a weekend. They have a curfew to adhere to

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

What were the ground conditions like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Sunday looking to be dry all day! Can't wait to see the Chemical Brothers again.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭CFC007

No issues in the field where the main stage is but parts of the woods are muddy especially the red bull arena. If you have boots I'd say wear them today.
    What were the ground conditions like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

CFC007 wrote: »
    No issues in the field where the main stage is but parts of the woods are muddy especially the red bull arena. If you have boots I'd say wear them today.

Grand cheers. I'll wear the hiking boots so.

Security tight on the way in?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

don't think its going to piss till bout 11.00 tonite. hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    don't think its going to piss till bout 11.00 tonite. hopefully

Yeah yr.no usually reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭CFC007

General pat down followed by another person with a metal detector. Lots of plan clothed cops about tho inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

I've a spare ticket for today if anyone wants it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Toast

They are.. They're charging us 160 quid a year for it. :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Just watching Alt J from TITP and have to say they sound woeful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

No more than usual. They are strict on pants though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Had an absolute blast yesterday. Got lucky with the weather, bar one or two showers early in the day it didn't really rain at all. Ground is fine in most areas but in and around the Red Bull stage it got a bit mucky alright. There were no real queues coming in and security wasn't too strict searching on the way in, if you wanted to sneak drink in I'm sure you'd manage to. When I was down at the RBMA stage it felt as if there was a very young crowd there but I didn't notice it as much when I was at the other stages. Was a generally nice atmosphere there but I did see one fight in the crowd during Hozier. Bit of a joke that they closed the RBMA stage at 9.30 as well despite them saying it would go on until 10.45, they cut Frank B short and DJ Deece never even got to play his set - ridiculous. I remember something similar happening last year where they closed the stage early too? Would love to hear why they did or some kind of an explanation.

Todd Terje was fantastic, couldn't figure out in my intoxicated state whether he was playing live or if it was just a DJ set though? Seemed like a cross of both, played a lot of his own tunes but there were a few in the middle that I didn't recognise. Marley Park is also a b0llox to get out of, took us about an hour and a half to get back into town afterwards.

To everyone heading today and tomorrow, have a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭_ReyRey_

Grand day yesterday! Security weren't that strict imo, general pat down and bag check which wasn't thorough. I didn't see metal detectors like was said before. Myself and my friends got drink in so take from that what you will. The queues at the bars were never too long and the toilets were pristine as far as outdoor events go! Guards and security patrolling the site for most of the day too. Wellies or boots are a must especially if you're going anywhere near the red bull stage. Hope to be going again tomorrow if I can find someone to drag along with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cianocarroll

So a certain friend of mine was wondering how someone could possibly sneak into Marlay Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Had an absolute blast yesterday. Got lucky with the weather, bar one or two showers early in the day it didn't really rain at all. Ground is fine in most areas but in and around the Red Bull stage it got a bit mucky alright. There were no real queues coming in and security wasn't too strict searching on the way in, if you wanted to sneak drink in I'm sure you'd manage to. When I was down at the RBMA stage it felt as if there was a very young crowd there but I didn't notice it as much when I was at the other stages. Was a generally nice atmosphere there but I did see one fight in the crowd during Hozier. Bit of a joke that they closed the RBMA stage at 9.30 as well despite them saying it would go on until 10.45, they cut Frank B short and DJ Deece never even got to play his set - ridiculous. I remember something similar happening last year where they closed the stage early too? Would love to hear why they did or some kind of an explanation.

Todd Terje was fantastic, couldn't figure out in my intoxicated state whether he was playing live or if it was just a DJ set though? Seemed like a cross of both, played a lot of his own tunes but there were a few in the middle that I didn't recognise. Marley Park is also a b0llox to get out of, took us about an hour and a half to get back into town afterwards.

To everyone heading today and tomorrow, have a good one!

He was definitely playing live keys anyway, but I think it might have been a mix of both!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Hopefully everyone got home safely before Ming The Merciless hit his “Monsoon on South Dublin“ button.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭Rfrip

So a certain friend of mine was wondering how someone could possibly sneak into Marlay Park.

Ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Rumours abound that the queue to get into the venue yesterday was monstrous. Any truth behind this and what time was that at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

gandalfio wrote: »
    Rumours abound that the queue to get into the venue yesterday was monstrous. Any truth behind this and what time was that at?
    Big queue about 3.30 anyway, probably 30mns to get through the pat downs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Serious rain overnight in the area. Reckon it'll be more than a tad muddy today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I see Thom Yorke came out and guested with Portishead at Latitude last night.

10998393_986468001373635_3748785453340868834_n.jpg?oh=4ad96da8ff7326758cf8442dbda55f0e&oe=5649007C

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ed Sheeran showed up on the Other Voices stage at Lattitude with 2 of the lads from Snow Patrol

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Ed Sheeran showed up on the Other Voices stage at Lattitude with 2 of the lads from Snow Patrol

That was last night, he also played in the iArena at it on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Sheeeeit

Heading into this later today. Looking forward to the Chemical Brothers tonight.
    Anyone know the story with the shuttle bus coming home? Will there be loads waiting at the end?
    Or would it be wise to leave a few mins early?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Hope everyone is having a good day. Was there yesterday afternoon myself, very mixed experience. Would take a really great line-up to tempt me back next year and even then...

Alt-J smashed it I thought. Really good and the crowd around me were reeeeally into it which was great.

But, the sound was dreadful for everyone else. The vocals for Caribou and Glass Animals were completely lost I thought. Jungle sounded fine, but have no one lead singer so maybe that helps, while Le Galaxie sounded fine but a lot of it was pre-recorded so wasn't reliant on the set up on the day. Was very disappointing in that regard.

Also, the crowd was fuuull of teenagers who had way too much to drink. One guy who insisted on trying to sit on the shoulders of anyone sitting in the grass, few others who couldn't even stand up - I get the variance in the make-up of the crowd and the drinking, etc. but there seemed to be no security presence in the arena area to stop people acting the dick.

**** me, though, Pieminister never fails to deliver. Mmmm. Could go back for another right now...

And, where do Heineken think they're going with their €6 pints of Heineken and €6.50 pints of Tiger!? Think next time I'll try smuggle in some cans, though I'd probably get them drank in the queue which took about 30 minutes!!

Enjoyed the day on the whole - weather was great until Alt-J and even then the rain was light so didn't bother me at all - but I wouldn't rush back. Im not a Chemical Brothers fan so no ticket for today, but if yday had gone really well I might've been tempted for a few hours in the afternoon but I didn't fancy €60 to not hear Everything Everything or James Blake properly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Pretty enjoyable day all round yesterday. Only act that I couldn't get into was Gengahr, the album didn't seem to translate to a live setting for me. I only caught the last song from slaves which I'm annoyed at, a mate was on the speakeasy followed by a brass band so I got distracted!

Agree on the scutty Young wans falling about the place, they seemed to congregate around the rbma stage though so I managed to give them a wide berth. Looked grim over there!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

I had a lovely time at the rbma stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

It's a very young gig unfortunately. Has potential to be a lovely festival where ya get to see up and coming bands, but being in South County Dublin it's too easy to be bigly out for drinkers. Let to a very strange crowd.

I enjoyed it regardless. Went Friday and Saturday. Highlights from what I saw were Catfish and the Battlement, Benjamin Booker and Jungle. Didn't really get Caribou/Alt-J myself, seemed a strange one for headliners.

The setup was lovely, the Heineken Sound Atlas was a lovely spot, and the Bacardi Bar was a nice spot between acts (although far too long to get drinks).

Advertisement