Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar comes out as gay

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

mikom wrote: »
    youtube
    One word was missing. I guess that youtube is what most things sound like to you.
    Couldn't actually argue against what I said, again noted.

I'd imagine there is so your point then is?:confused:
    You're waiting for Enda Kenny and Leo Varadkar to tell you right from wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    fact that you had nothing to say about a joke concerning MY sexuality, as predicted, noted.

Couldn't actually argue against what I said, again noted.

Listen to yourself.

more youtube bollix
    Go on, another youtube there VJ mikom in da house. Reading, thinking, typing... it's all too much, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Go on, another youtube there VJ mikom in da house. Reading, thinking, typing... it's all too much, eh?

The ANGER............ it's all too much.
    Have a coke and a smile there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

You're waiting for Enda Kenny and Leo Varadkar to tell you right from wrong?

No of course not. What is the point you are trying to make?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No of course not. What is the point you are trying to make?

He doesnt care about Leos sexuality and he has to keep telling us that nonstop.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

more HILARIOUS YT from VJ mikom in da house
    As it turns out I'm having more of a laugh at than a laugh with day, but my spirits are doing just fine thanks.

He doesnt care about Leos sexuality and he has to keep telling us that nonstop.
    Oh, I see we've jumped straight to lying now. Classy. It's just a few posts back if you want to pay attention/stop lying.
    What are you here for then? Find somebody you don't like, lie about them, pretend to be able to answer on their behalf... that sort of thing?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

SpaceTime wrote: »
    I think sometimes we forget how far Ireland's come in the last 25 years though.

Homosexuality was actually *illegal* here until 1993!

Contraception was illegal from 1935 until 1980 (well 1978 they were available on prescription, if you were married!)

Then from 1980 until 1992 they were still highly restricted.

The first divorce was in 1997 - prior to that you just had to stay in your collapsed marriage and either just pretend it was all fine and probably stay in a horrible loveless marriage or worse, an abusive one.

Many Irish people actually became exiles when their marriages failed as they sought divorce and new lives elsewhere.

All of those things sound like a million years ago now.

The Abortion laws are the only overhang from the old-regime at this stage.

It just shows though how far Ireland's changed when you've a situation where you can now have an openly gay cabinet minister and for the most part, the vast majority of the population are 100% fine with it and are mostly just bitching about the fact that he's a blueshirt or hasn't single handedly reformed the HSE in 6 months.

Scary to think that when Leo was 13, being gay was actually a crime here. So, you can imagine how people a bit older than 36 must have felt, people who wen thought their teens or their adult life in that kind of scenario.

Even in the 1990s, being gay was a *huge* deal here and elsewhere. It's only really very recently that it's suddenly become less of an issue and is rapidly becoming a non-issue. However it's taken a LONG time.

When you look at someone in their 30s now, they're really the first generation where during their adult life in Ireland being gay wasn't a crime.

No need to muddy the waters but i agree with the rest of the post i believe in unity for the first time in my adult life,We are all irish regardless of religion,race or sexuality the equality gap and poverty is rising to the extent that we are all victims.

I believe in a new ireland a fair ireland...Vote Fine Fail and bring back the party times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

A handpicked paraphrase from some unnamed randomer in Navan? Um, are you expecting a serious conversation about that?

No, about your assertion that having a personal involvement in this legislation is a dodgy platform. WTF? The whole point of a referendum on equality is that it affects people negatively to be treated unequally. So much the better if someone with personal experience of how much it would mean to them to have equal rights is in a governmental position to say that in the papers, no?

Oh, I see we've jumped straight to lying now. Classy. It's just a few posts back if you want to pay attention/stop lying.
    What are you here for then? Find somebody you don't like, lie about them, pretend to be able to answer on their behalf... that sort of thing?
    Thanks from: Joeytheparrot
    You'll no doubt delete that thanks now, but it's a fairly good guide as to how together you are here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

BBJBIG wrote: »
    So .... I'm fed up with Wimmin and their bleeeeedin Nonsense.
    How does one catch "de Ghey" ? ;)

Might be better off.

Listen to disco (and suck cock)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Dan, you are being unusually intense on this thread. What gives?

You'll no doubt delete that thanks now, but it's a fairly good guide as to how together you are here.

To me, that's a guide to how fair minded joey the parrot is. To my knowledge you never came right out and said you don't care about Leo's sexuality and Joey may have been recognising his mistake in accusing you of that by thanking your next post.

You seem very touchy about the subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

efb wrote: »
    Listen to disco (and suck cock)

Ah ffs!......no one is going to listen to disco!

Shrap wrote: »
    To me, that's a guide to how fair minded joey the parrot is. To my knowledge you never came right out and said you don't care about Leo's sexuality and Joey may have been recognising his mistake in accusing you of that by thanking your next post.

You seem very touchy about the subject.
    Ah yes, defending yourself when lied about. That's "being touchy" on the internet isn't it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Wang King wrote: »
    Ah ffs!......no one is going to listen to disco!

Wash your mouth out.

Dan, you are being unusually intense on this thread. What gives?
    I'd say lying about what other posters are saying would be a bigger sign of being upset about who knows what than refuting those lies.

efb wrote: »
    Wash your mouth out.

Anyone got some spare egg mayonnaise?

• Advertisement

Ah yes, defending yourself when lied about. That's "being touchy" on the internet isn't it.
    I'd say lying about what other posters are saying would be a bigger sign of being upset about who knows what than refuting those lies.

No dear, that's changing the subject. You're quite specifically being touchy about Leo coming out as gay.

Brian Finnegan just wrote that Leos coming out meant a 62 year old man came out to his family. I'm delighted that Leos coming out is having such a positive effect.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Brian Finnegan just wrote that Leos coming out meant a 62 year old man came out to his family. I'm delighted that Leos coming out is having such a positive effect.

What age is Enda?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Pocoyo wrote: »
    Gay people most of Ireland support you but please stop getting wound up by people questioning this embarrassment of a health minister

Ireland has come so far that no ones give a **** that hes gay..think about that we really dont care thats a huge victory for gay rights, we just care that this minister and his government are incompetent fools that are raping this country to the benefit of themselves and the imf/eu. So dont rally behind this cretin he is no role model.

Why is he an embarrassment?

Where? Is it an article or a tweet?

No dear, that's changing the subject. You're quite specifically being touchy about Leo coming out as gay.
    Really? I take it that's your preamble to some attempt to prove this theory of yours or do people normally just say "you're right again Shrap of course"? (hint: they may not really think you're right)

Where? Is it an article or a tweet?

An article
    http://theoutmost.com/big-buzz/people-highest-echelons-ireland-work/

Terry Pratchet

Really? I take it that's your preamble to some attempt to prove this theory of yours or do people normally just say "you're right again Shrap of course"? (hint: they may not really think you're right)

I don't have to be right! You just seem quite annoyed about Leo since I noticed your presence on this thread earlier today and am inferring something from that.

I'm right about you having said that Leo's personal involvement makes it a dodgy platform from which to work on the referendum though. I wish you'd explain why you think that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Oakboy

What's the big deal about him being a gay minister? It's not like it's a first. Sure look at our first citizen for goodness sake. The sooner these outings aren't in the news the better, then there will be true equality

Advertisement