Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

my friend wrote: »
    wan + 4 = 5

What's your point?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

bjork wrote: »
    Rays research must just read the daily mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2977208/It-pays-40-000-year-no-one-wants-chick-sexer-hardest-job-Britain.html

It-pays-40-000-year-no-one-wants-chick-sexer-

UK press is where he gets most of his dirge fillers

Ah Rugby again!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

let the man talk!

let the man talk!

Rays research very poor again,

Ray 'there's not much data and research'

Man: 'actually there is loads'

Hilarious

What's your point?

... If you have to ask

• Advertisement

wow, Ray isnt just bad at interviews, he's rude and constantly interrupts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Is Ray making stuff up about the crease in the jacket ? Was he going to dish-cos in the 1950s ?

Well done for bringing the rugby issue to a wider audience. I've heard it before a few times on sports podcasts, more people need to be aware of the risks of playing the game the way some of the current international teams do. As the Rugby governing body is usually quick to react to these things, I would not be suprised to see some rule changes brought in this summer.

... If you have to ask

I did have to ask, because I've no idea what your post is in reference to, I still don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

oh gawd, don't do the accent!! :eek:

• Advertisement

I did have to ask, because I've no idea what your post is in reference to, I still don't.

Its fair to expect that a broadcaster being paid a reported €500k pa should be capable of saying 'one' in a coherent way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

sudzs wrote: »
    oh gawd, don't do the accent!! :eek:

Who is this muck savage going around pervin after "foreign girls"....????

Its fair to expect that a broadcaster being paid a reported €500k pa should be capable of saying 'one' in a coherent way

Thanks I get it now, you were slagging his accent. Well done.

A spoofer priest that ran away with a polish parishioner and then reinvented himself as a ladies man

A spoofer priest that ran away with a polish parishioner and then reinvented himself as a ladies man

Probably better off he's not in the priesthood....they have it bad enough.....

Thanks I get it now, you were slagging his accent. Well done.

Not his accent, everyone has an accent, it's his inability to say 'one' that's commentable

it's his inability to say 'one' that's commentable

Which is due to his accent. Plenty of people around me pronounce it similarly, it's nice that it's reflected on the national broadcaster.

that interview flew by before I had a chance to digest any of it, so is big better?

that interview flew by before I had a chance to digest any of it, so is big better?

Feck sake, dave mcsavage is just off moncrieff on newstalk. he must be doin the rounds this afternoon.
    This country couldnt get much smaller....

what did he say about pjs show the last day...."the last time I was in I was back on the drink and I said some things about PJs show"

PJs show is alright, i normally tune in for a few minutes when newstalk are doing the soccer bit...it is what it is, they are off to Dubai for Paddys day so in your face DMcS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Ray doing his best to coax McSavage back on the drink again.

Which is due to his accent. Plenty of people around me pronounce it similarly, it's nice that it's reflected on the national broadcaster.

Ah so you're an advocate of dumbing down, understood. Duly noted.

Ah so you're an advocate of dumbing down, understood. Duly noted.

Accent is no indicator of intelligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Jury is out.

Accent is no indicator of intelligence.

I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I prefer listening to Ray than Derek but am wondering whether the decrease in prize money has anything to do with the cost of bringing him to RTE.

I agree.

Clearly you don't, or you wouldn't have piced up on it in the first place or referred to it as "dumbing down".

Clearly you don't, or you wouldn't have piced up on it in the first place or referred to it as "dumbing down".

You're incapable of accepting it's poor that a professional broadcaster on €500k pa is incoherent, plenty of people 'with accents' are coherent

Professional broadcasters should always be coherent irrespective of accents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

You're incapable of accepting it's poor that a professional broadcaster on €500k pa is incoherent, plenty of people 'with accents' are coherent

Professional broadcasters should always be coherent irrespective of accents.
    There are plenty of aspects of D'Arcys program that deserve comment.

His ability to pronounce 'one' would be among the least of them, imo.

• Advertisement

honeybear wrote: »
    I prefer listening to Ray than Derek but am wondering whether the decrease in prize money has anything to do with the cost of bringing him to RTE.

How much was the prize money before?
    Starting at 100 and going up by 20 a day seems such a pittance, considering the host earns that in a few minutes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement