Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

300,000+ punters?
    conorh91 wrote: »
    That's the number he inherited from Mooney

It's not even close, divide that by 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Woman has 4 babies "naturally"..................she's recovering from the c section:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

christ 5 kids ... i-d just put a gun to my head ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

conorh91 wrote: »
    Darcy was losing listeners before he left Today FM, and I can only see that trend continuing.

I've read this here loads time and just can't figure it. No apologist for Ray D'Arcy but if he is to 'continue losing his TodayFM listeners', as people allege - this implies that his TodayFM listenership has switched to RTE?

In which case, he has a greater audience than Mooney... sine Mooney's listeners have gone nowhere, except maybe returned???

In which case, win win for RTE?

Woman has 4 babies "naturally"..................she's recovering from the c section:rolleyes:

I think she meant that she they were conceived in the normal way of things as opposed to having assistance with medical intervention??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I always listened to his Today FM show but have only listened to two on RTE. A lot of my mates would be the same. I'd be very surprised if a majority of his Today FM listeners changed over

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

BarryD wrote: »
    I think she meant that she they were conceived in the normal way of things as opposed to having assistance with medical intervention??

What was meant was not what was said;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

I've read this here loads time and just can't figure it. No apologist for Ray D'Arcy but if he is to 'continue losing his TodayFM listeners', as people allege - this implies that his TodayFM listenership has switched to RTE?
    Mooney and Darcy both lost about 5000 net listeners in the last JNLR.

So the listeners haven't just been trading places, they were abandoning both Mooney and Darcy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

The way things are going the only people listening to D'arcy will be the ones forced to listen to him in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,048 ✭✭✭✭neris

Just heard the start of his show today and the highlight of the rugby for ray was oconnell taking his kid from the stand down the tunnel. He realy is a child obsessed boring little man

• Advertisement

neris wrote: »
    Just heard the start of his show today and the highlight of the rugby for ray was oconnell taking his kid from the stand down the tunnel. He realy is a child obsessed boring little man

The human interest angle - come on, this is ridiculous. The majority of people/ listeners in the country will have had or will have families and understand this angle.

Accusing someone of being 'child obessed' is laughable. Have you ever been to the Continent, the French and Italians all make a great fuss of family.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

neris wrote: »

And?

The highlight for me of the 2007 Ireland v England game at Croke Park was the National Anthems. The hairs stood up on the back of my neck.

The result was great but sometimes you remember the less obvious things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

goochy wrote: »
    but this show isnt a patch on mooney show which wasnt exactly outstanding how ray ever made it on radio is a mystery !
    he comes across as a bumbling half wit , but dont like moncrieff either so what else is there ?

Have you ever considered the possibility that you just don't like the Radio?
    More Music wrote: »
    The hairs stood up on the back of my neck.

Remember when Ray was on todayfm, he used to have a live band do a cover , every week someone texts in: "the hair is standing up on the back of my neck listening to that." Are you sure that's a good thing? What if you don't have hair on the back of your neck?
    mikep wrote: »
    Jenny and Will were also laughing in the background, particularly Jenny.

Horrible to think that they might actually read this thread once a week - and just LAUGH at us! :mad:
    Can't they see that we are IMPORTANT??!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

The human interest angle - come on, this is ridiculous. The majority of people/ listeners in the country will have had or will have families and understand this angle.

Accusing someone of being 'child obessed' is laughable. Have you ever been to the Continent, the French and Italians all make a great fuss of family.

He would have fitted right in then abroad in France or Germany if he stuck to his word that time.

No harm in what he said there but obsessing over or rambling on about the same things day in day out can get a bit boring after a while. No matter what the discussion or topic is about it nearly always has to wind up about certain things, the same certain things.

He would have fitted right in then abroad in France or Germany if he stuck to his word that time.

No harm in what he said there but obsessing over or rambling on about the same things day in day out can get a bit boring after a while. No matter what the discussion or topic is about it nearly always has to wind up about certain things, the same certain things.

Maybe, but you listen to Duffy and what do you get? Crime, burglary, prisons, the poor church and poor 'ol Bertie, me jewel and darlin Dublin etc.

Sean O'Rourke? Politicians and books sometimes

Pat Kenny? Politics and anything with an engineering or science slant.

Mooney? Eurovision, birds and people of alternative orientation.

So what makes Ray much different? He just rambles on about kids, health and running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

Maybe, but you listen to Duffy and what do you get? Crime, burglary, prisons, the poor church and poor 'ol Bertie, me jewel and darlin Dublin etc.

Sean O'Rourke? Politicians and books sometimes

Pat Kenny? Politics and anything with an engineering or science slant.

Mooney? Eurovision, birds and people of alternative orientation.

So what makes Ray much different? He just rambles on about kids, health and running.

For me it's the way he comes across, ramming his opinions and views down listeners throats and some times the throats of those he does be interviewing too. Raymond's never wrong, Barry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

:cool:
    For me it's the way he comes across, ramming his opinions and views down listeners throats and some times the throats of those he does be interviewing too. Raymond's never wrong, Barry.

It's funny though, cos it's like he was on his best behaviour for the first few weeks, and now you can see the old cantankerous, opinionated curmudgeon slowly coming to the surface...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

will Ray actually claim credit for PH's victory? Perhaps but I suspect Farcy will mention it and then dismiss his input in a humble brag way not realising his was the weakest of 3 PH interviews I listened to last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

A chicken sexer. I remember that interview with that lady. Great. I don;t know if I'll last much longer today

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Yips, I took many of them in my raving days

• Advertisement

smug self credit for nothing> between duffy and this you'd think ray was the putter

1. Weather
    2. Old people dying
    3. Job ad in UK
    4. Yips, Harrington -ray didn't even know what the yips were, yet Ray is now gloating over the psychology part of their dull interview, I note Ray didn't play back the part where PH dismissed Rays theory!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

How come I'm not surprised that Ray reads the longterm weather forecast?

How come I'm not surprised that Ray reads the longterm weather forecast?

He does it when he's not brushing his hair

2 mentions of PH and we are only 12 minutes in

Humble brag fool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Did Ray just drop the T word there?

wan + 4 = 5

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

my friend wrote: »
    4. Yips, Harrington -ray didn't even know what the yips were, yet Ray is now gloating over the psychology part of their dull interview, I note Ray didn't play back the part where PH dismissed Rays theory!!

What had the theory been?

Rays research must just read the daily mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2977208/It-pays-40-000-year-no-one-wants-chick-sexer-hardest-job-Britain.html

It-pays-40-000-year-no-one-wants-chick-sexer-

• Advertisement

What had the theory been?

On foot atm but I believe this is what Ray brought up

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yerkes–Dodson_law

Padraig dismissed it with respect to his head coaching and how he operates..
    Ray proceeded to make a joke of stuff after that as he was rattled by Padraigs dismissal

Cringe full interview in comparison to for example the insightful Newstalk one

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement