Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No contraception, no dole

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,924 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

pharmaton wrote: »
    I think we should just get rid of women. /all the problems.

Ah yeah why not just have a mass matricide.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 380 ✭✭macyard

evo2000 wrote: »
    "AFRICA NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE CHILDREN TILL IT SORTS OUT ITS FOOD SHORTAGES"

Birth control would be a very good thing for Afirca and it's people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    Insane post.

They're being sarcastic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    All that would do is further deprive children who are already pretty deprived. It's not like child benefit covers the cost of raising a kid anyway.

Do you really think that there are many (any?) women out there who repeatedly get pregnant simply so they can claim child benefit? Do you have any examples of this because I really think these people don't exist.

My cousin did it. Once at 17 and again at 19. Two different father and, as far as I know, they're not around.

I'd be willing to stretch my imagination and say that the first one was an accident. Maybe. :rolleyes:

However, a SECOND time? Really? What kind of clown makes that mistake twice? She got a taste for the single mothers allowance, cheap rent, children's allowance and the medical card. Along with the fact that nobody can 'attack' her lifestyle because She's "a fulltime mammy".

I'm not close to that part of my family, however I've met her a few times since she dropped kid number 1. She's still a scumbag idiot who gets pissed in front of her toddler on cider and generally behaves like an idiot. She's unemployable and will be the States problem for the next 60 years.

There are thousands of people like her who either actively make a decision to sponge off the state, or else find themselves doing so and get too comfortable.

As I said, I'm not in favor forced contraception or anything. I just wish people would abandon their notions that Ireland doesn't have a growing problem regarding a certain sub-set of society.

And frankly, I'd wager that you didn't grow up in a working class area because anyone that I know that did wouldn't be in shock to discover such home truths. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

There is to much nonsense about the issue of long term dole. I'm sure most people on the dole at any time are looking for work. they find work and more people lose their jobs so the numbers stay fairly stable (falling slowly and steadily). We need to support those who want a job.

There are however people who have such low expectations from life that they are happy to wallow in their own filth so handouts from the government are a great, steady, long term income.

We shouldn't make out that all people on the dole are scroungers and should offer support BUT we shouldn't pretend that everyone on the dole is looking for work. Temporary sterility should be enforced for those who are happy to make a career out of living on handouts. Once they have children they get more in handouts to the extent that it's not worth their while working.

We can't force people to stop living as bottom feeders. However I think if we are supporting their lifestyles then we should be able to make the decision to prohibit reproduction on the grounds that they cant afford it. A credit company wont give benefits folk a credit card because they will end up footing the bill when they can't afford the CC.

If people are willing to live as charges of the State then we should look at it as exactly that. They leave the state in control of how they survive so in that context limiting their right to reproduce seems totally logical.

The male pill has been around since the 60s and has much less side effects than the female version. It comes in daily pill form, and long term injections and implants which last up to a year. Similar procedures for women.

No reason in the world that we should treat the short term unemployed that same as those who make a career out of living as charges of the state

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

Dean0088, I'm not condoning your cousins behaviour and how she is living her life but why are you not holding the fathers of her children accountable? At least she is taking some kind of responsibility for her children. Should the fathers not be doing this too and paying their way? If fathers in particular paid for their offspring, it would save the State millions. However, from what I've read on this thread, a lot of people take the easy way out and lash the mothers.

Advertisement