Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No contraception, no dole

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Will the government cover the cost of the contraception?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Wait till the feminist movement hears this.

He will be set on fire.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Trying to discourage people from having kids they can't afford to support? Sounds great to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

This whole idea is just fcuking hilarious! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

governemt sponsored spaying!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Some Australian former politician says something controversial in his newspaper column. Sounds like one of those gob****es who comes out with that kind of rubbish regularly to keep himself in a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

why not just neuter them while they're at it? Same for the blokes- they would come tops in the World Social Welfare Castrato choir competition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

He is right.

There's too many on welfare having children and making it a lifestyle choice for themselves. Why should the taxpayer support this choice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

chrysagon wrote: »
    governemt sponsored spaying!!!!

Free morning after pills with every dole payment. Just in case...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Awstrawlia really does seem to excel at producing obnoxious ballbags

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭DeJa VooDoo

ColeTrain wrote: »
    He is right.

There's too many on welfare having children and making it a lifestyle choice for themselves. Why should the taxpayer support this choice?

Have you got kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I still think we should go with my plan of turning people on the dole into Soylent Green or at least experiment on them so we can extract nutrients from them for our own benefit.

Have you got kids?

14, not that it's any of your business.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Bambi wrote: »
    Awstrawlia really does seem to excel at producing obnoxious ballbags

No more obnoxious than a single mother with five kids expecting me to pay her way.

Scrounging as a way of life should be made unviable.

I approve of this product and/or service.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,986 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I would agree there is a link but that is fairly sexist, undemocratic, inhumane and something you would get under a dictatorship.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

It's seems to getting momentum apparently the UK are looking into similar ideas ,

As much as it sounds Rediculous maybe it's a good thing welfare shouldn't be a career choice probably be better off limiting the welfare payments to multiple kids ,get something for your first child after that your on your own

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hahaha, some of you lot won't be happy until the government taxes getting the ride. Sex licences for some, jail terms for others.

rob316 wrote: »
    I would agree there is a link but that is fairly sexist, undemocratic, inhumane and something you would get under a dictatorship.

Raising kids in borderline poverty is inhumane.

14, not that it's any of your business.

I'll take that as a no then.:rolleyes:

Raising kids in borderline poverty is inhumane.

the 50" flat screen and sky dish out the front says different :pac:

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »
    the 50" flat screen and sky dish out the front says different :pac:

How many people on the dole do you know like that?

I'll take that as a no then.:rolleyes:

I'd be entitled to ask you 'do you have kids' but I don't care.

"IT'S THE UNMARRIED MOTHERS WOT DID IT I TELL YA"

Soooooooo 1980's.
    The more we change, the more we stay the same.

I'd be entitled to ask you 'do you have kids' but I don't care.

Obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

While I do think that disincentivising so-called Mickey-Money would be a good idea, I feel uncomfortable with 'no contraception, no money'. It just smacks to me a bit of getting a boot in the door regarding benefits. What would be next? Prove you don't smoke? Prove you don't buy junk food? Start to penalise low wage earners receiving benefits in the same way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

Oh lovely, another thread on picking on single parents, by that I mean single mothers! There have already been changes to claiming the One Parent Family Allowance in Ireland so how you'd make bringing up children a lifestyle choice is beyond me.

CruelCoin wrote: »
    No more obnoxious than a single mother with five kids expecting me to pay her way.

Scrounging as a way of life should be made unviable.

I approve of this product and/or service.

Not one mention of the male species and their responsibilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Hahaha, some of you lot won't be happy until the government taxes getting the ride. Sex licences for some, jail terms for others.

'The ride'

Do some people just get the one ride and that's it?

kylith wrote: »
    While I do think that disincentivising so-called Mickey-Money would be a good idea, I feel uncomfortable with 'no contraception, no money'. It just smacks to me a bit of getting a boot in the door regarding benefits. What would be next? Prove you don't smoke? Prove you don't buy junk food? Start to penalise low wage earners receiving benefits in the same way?

Perhaps all women should be issued with chastity belts and the keys be held by the state until they have a good education and a permanent job they can't be sacked from. (The PS comes to mind)

• Advertisement

Oh lovely, another thread on picking on single parents, by that I mean single mothers! There have already been changes to claiming the One Parent Family Allowance in Ireland so how you'd make bringing up children a lifestyle choice is beyond me.

Not looking to pick on any single mothers, I know plenty hard working mothers who do dads job too. Total respect for them.

Thread was more about this lunatics idea.

Advertisement