Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,129 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    I was out walking the dog at that time, it was 10 degrees it was the first time since March I had to wear a hoodie while walking him in the morning. It was lovely being out in such a fresh bright morning. Deffo wakes you up!

yeah, it was the first time i've actually stopped & actually took notice of it in months, my first proper feeling of Autumn. Definitely the coolest i've felt it at that time of the morning too.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    yeah, it was the first time i've actually stopped & actually took notice of it in months, my first proper feeling of Autumn. Definitely the coolest i've felt it at that time of the morning too.

Same, the cool morning got me thinking of October dark nights that are coming soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Weather is a bit crazy these days. Was lovely here yesterday, went for a walk in the afternoon in shorts and t-shirt and then lashing rain and stormy by bedtime! Looks like today will be indoor DIY day!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TRS30 wrote: »
    Weather is a bit crazy these days. Was lovely here yesterday, went for a walk in the afternoon in shorts and t-shirt and then lashing rain and stormy by bedtime! Looks like today will be indoor DIY day!

Last night was crazy stormy... say what you want but it's so nice to listen to when you're tucked up in bed.

Not too bad this morning, definitely gloomy... but the rain help off for the morning doggo walk.

Last night was crazy stormy... say what you want but it's so nice to listen to when you're tucked up in bed.

Not too bad this morning, definitely gloomy... but the rain help off for the morning doggo walk.

Just back home from a site meeting, weather has turned (out D15 way anyway) heavy rain pretty steady now. Working from home for the rest of the day so glad I don't have to fight my way home in the traffic later this evening.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

Just back home from a site meeting, weather has turned (out D15 way anyway) heavy rain pretty steady now. Working from home for the rest of the day so glad I don't have to fight my way home in the traffic later this evening.

Lashing here as well, but also working from home and enjoying the fact I'm nice and dry indoors.

Lashing here as well, but also working from home and enjoying the fact I'm nice and dry indoors.

I was only thinking yesterday when in the office, I'm looking forward to when the clocks go back & it gets darker earlier for the days I'm working from home. It'll be nice to work away in my home office with some music or podcasts in the background knowing I dont have to go back out in the cold/wet when finished for the day.

I'm probably way over romanticizing it but still, it'll probably be the only time I get to do it regularly so may as well make the most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Jude13

I had an doc appointment today so worked from home for the first two hours, got barely anything done as out 20 month old was very interested in my laptop and documents. Our wifi disappears if you go upstairs so I had no option but to type with the mad elf on my lap.

My OH's Christmas present arrived today!

Proper Autumn weather :D it's great listening to the rain and knowing we don't have to go out in it. My dog is curled up and snoring away.

Jude13 wrote: »

Wow, super organised!

• Advertisement

I had an doc appointment today so worked from home for the first two hours, got barely anything done as out 20 month old was very interested in my laptop and documents. Our wifi disappears if you go upstairs so I had no option but to type with the mad elf on my lap.

Today is the first day since lockdown started back in March, that all 3 Elves are in crèche/Montessori/school and we are working.

House seems very quiet :(

Today is the first day since lockdown started back in March, that all 3 Elves are in crèche/Montessori/school and we are working.

House seems very quiet :(

That'll be us tomorrow, our two back in school in the morning & both myself & the Mrs will be WFH. Suspect it'll be weird getting use to the lack of noise & action going on in the background... :(

I know I'll ultimately look back on the lockdown as a time we enjoyed being together as a family despite all the horrible things that happened in the world, and will miss getting to be around the kids so much, especially as they're growing so fast... so easy to get sentimental about it... tall you what, spurs me on to be determined to go all out for christmas though, want to end the year on as big a high as we can as a family.

I know I'll ultimately look back on the lockdown as a time we enjoyed being together as a family despite all the horrible things that happened in the world, and will miss getting to be around the kids so much, especially as they're growing so fast... so easy to get sentimental about it... tall you what, spurs me on to be determined to go all out for christmas though, want to end the year on as big a high as we can as a family.

It's like you read my mind. Was saying this to the wife last night, that last few months have at very difficult and challenging however totally worth it for the time we got to spend together. I think all that horrible stuff that was going made us shut it off even more and focus on the kids and just enjoying the time. 'living in the moment' I think is the term.

Will definitely be pushing the boat out at Christmas as well. With everything that has been going on and you only get a small window between when they are old enough to know what is going on and still believing!

I was looking at all the lovely bits on The Range, and I saw this, and thought how perfect is that for 2020 :)

https://www.therange.co.uk/occasion/christmas/christmas-home-and-accessories/wall-art/warm-happy-ending-christmas-plaque/#100589

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Jude13

The "happy ending" in that sign just makes the bold person in me snigger.

The "happy ending" in that sign just makes the bold person in me snigger.

You cant beat juvenile humour :D

And puns! :)

And puns! :)

And buns.... :P

And buns.... :P

Mmmmmmmmm........buns :p

& cakes...

• Advertisement

Happy Friday everyone! :D
    I'm looking forward to having a hot chocolate this evening, very exciting :o

Have a great weekend folks. Have a very quiet one planed, first in ages so looking forward to doing as little as possible!

Catch you all Monday.

Have a great weekend folks. Have a very quiet one planed, first in ages so looking forward to doing as little as possible!

Catch you all Monday.

Quiet one on the cards here too. But happy to enjoy the break while I have it.

Another week done!

Have a good one guys and catch you Monday :)

And..............another week done!

Enjoy the good weather guys, stay save and positive :)

Happy Friday! :D

That time of the week again for me, to sign off and wish everyone a great weekend.

A sight of the times that I had to go to page 2 to get a thread from last week, it's been awhile since I've had to do that!!

Feels like it was a big week in here, very busy and of course our new chat thread naming :)

I'm not sure how you measure a feeling however you can definitely feel the Christmas spirit rising :D

Catch you all Monday.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Enjoy your weekend, TRS. :)

Had to go to page 2 again to find this thread. Great to see :)

Can't believe how busy it has got in here the last couple of weeks. Doesn't seem that long ago, if there was a 2 or 3 new thread each day you be doing well and we must be averaging 14/15 everyday now!

Even though it is so busy will probably still take the weekend off and reduce general screen time as much as I can.

Have a good one guys and see you Monday with no doubt lots to catch up on :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Nice thread. Today’s is that I will have time for my Christmas cross stitch tonight as I got my needle replacement

Advertisement