Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    What a beautiful day. Smashing. Wine and beer cooling in the fridge, bbq ready to rock, looking like it could be a good day.

Enjoy it if you can!

Cans and bottles in the fridge cooling as we speak. Oh yes there will be sun. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Sun and ice creams today, Aperol Spritz and pizza tonight.

Now I'm having ferrero rochers and wine.

Good day. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    Sun and ice creams today, Aperol Spritz and pizza tonight.

Now I'm having ferrero rochers and wine.

Good day. :)

Sun, Koppaberg, ice cream and Chinese for me. Life is good today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Peroni and IPA with pizza yesterday, head not so good today!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

I had quite a few rum cocktails called mariners mates whilst gardening in roasting conditions. Struggling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Jude13 wrote: »
    I had quite a few rum cocktails called mariners mates whilst gardening in roasting conditions. Struggling.

Care to share the recipe ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

What a difference between Sat and Sun :eek:

Sat was picnic in the sun, too hot to sit out at one stage and then Sun was looing for the woolie hats!!!

Sounds like everyone made good use of the sun :D

No new deaths from Covid-19 in the past 24 hours. \o/

I know it's early days/restriction easing numbers won't show until next week/second spike in cases blah blah... but I'm taking the win for today. :)

I know it's early days/restriction easing numbers won't show until next week/second spike in cases blah blah... but I'm taking the win for today. :)

Just logged in to post this, really put a smile on face when I heard. I know it’s early days as well but felt like we would never hear that news :)

This is fantastic news. Great win for today. :)

Moving in the right direction :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Delighted to read this on the news earlier - hopefully we are on the right track :)

Hello 4 day weekend!!! :)

Loughc wrote: »
    Hello 4 day weekend!!! :)

Ditto!!
    think I'll head down for a spot of breakfast now, that line in was just what I needed.:D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Just a couple of hours left until my 3 day weekend. :D

Just a couple of hours left until my 3 day weekend. :D

Same, two more things to get done and then i'll be shunting down till Tuesday.

Hope the sun stays with us till then!!

TRS30 wrote: »
    Same, two more things to get done and then i'll be shunting down till Tuesday.

Hope the sun stays with us till then!!

Think we're in luck. Not quite as hot or sunny but decent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,218 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I don’t know why but I’ve found the last two months have gone by very fast.
    Even the year so far. With everything I’d expect it to be a lot slower.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I’m on a 4 day weekend and have hit my 2 stone weight loss! More to go but getting there.

Have a great long weekend Elves, enjoy the good weather and stay safe :)

I don’t know why but I’ve found the last two months have gone by very fast.
    Even the year so far. With everything I’d expect it to be a lot slower.

Its definitely gone faster than it should have, if that makes sense. Into June on Monday and that means we're coming up on half way fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I can’t believe it’s this far on. State exams collection day would have been this coming Tuesday and superintending starting on the Wednesday. Normally in glorious weather. Might actually get out in it this year instead, small thing to be grateful for.

Paint actually arrived this evening. There’s my long weekend sorted :)

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    I can’t believe it’s this far on. State exams collection day would have been this coming Tuesday and superintending starting on the Wednesday. Normally in glorious weather. Might actually get out in it this year instead, small thing to be grateful for.

Paint actually arrived this evening. There’s my long weekend sorted :)

Doing a bit of a catchup on posts here, we may not have had the state exams but we certainly did get the leaving cert weather!! :)

News of the cancellation clearly didn't get to the sun yet! :pac:

News of the cancellation clearly didn't get to the sun yet! :pac:

Judging the weather report the news is going to land tomorrow!! eeeek.

Loughc wrote: »
    Judging the weather report the news is going to land tomorrow!! eeeek.

Yeah, looks grim for a bit.

DvB wrote: »
    Yeah, looks grim for a bit.

Going to head out now and get as much of the sun as I can then as mightn't see it for awhile :(

Going to head out now and get as much of the sun as I can then as mightn't see it for awhile :(

Same. Going for a 10k run later. Reckon it'll be a while before I get out again for one.

Same. Had dinner and a Koppaberg outside in the sun getting the last bit of the sun in for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,607 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

May not seem cheerful, BUT :

My garden was bone dry - hard as desert rock. Drought, no soil moisture, grass shrivelling, etc.

- and now with the welcome dash of rain, the little ponds are filling up and the grass is enthusiastically growing and the sweet peas are simply rushing up!

There's a lot to be said for a bit of summer rain!

(Just not too much)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Day Lewin wrote: »
    May not seem cheerful, BUT :

My garden was bone dry - hard as desert rock. Drought, no soil moisture, grass shrivelling, etc.

- and now with the welcome dash of rain, the little ponds are filling up and the grass is enthusiastically growing and the sweet peas are simply rushing up!

There's a lot to be said for a bit of summer rain!

(Just not too much)

I actually don't mind a bit of rain every now and again :o But then I've always been an autumn/winter girl :pac:

Advertisement