Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    Off work now until Monday... yay!

I’m back into work tomorrow.... nay :(

Enjoy your break mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

Planning for Chrinbo 2020 by opening a separate savings account with my bank - just for Christmas....thinking maybe €75:a month and will be working really hard to make sure I put that away each month.

Should take the sting out of Christmas too (well that's the plan anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    I’m back into work tomorrow.... nay :(

Enjoy your break mate :)

Itll be mostly ensuring the kids dont kill one another, kill anyone else or burn the house down... but not gonna lie, looking forward to simply not thinking about work for a few days.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Me too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

kitten_k wrote: »
    Me too :D

Some of us will be slaving away keeping the economy going :)

Time off is very important even if it just being at home with the kids. Enjoy :D

• Advertisement

Just finished watching the last 2 episodes of 'The Mandalorian' that I'd been waiting to watch since before Christmas, had promised myself I'd watch them over the christmas break but never got the chance & since being back in work have had little or no down time so I wasnt missing my chance today, saw a gap & went for it.... what a great show too, if you're a fan of Star Wars I'd highly recommend, if not, I'd give it a miss as its a real companion piece to the original trilogy.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Just finished watching the last 2 episodes of 'The Mandalorian' that I'd been waiting to watch since before Christmas, had promised myself I'd watch them over the christmas break but never got the chance & since being back in work have had little or no down time so I wasnt missing my chance today, saw a gap & went for it.... what a great show too, if you're a fan of Star Wars I'd highly recommend, if not, I'd give it a miss as its a real companion piece to the original trilogy.

I assume you are using a VPN and watching on Disney+. which one do you use? having been looking at a few and trying to get some recommendations.

TRS30 wrote: »
    I assume you are using a VPN and watching on Disney+. which one do you use? having been looking at a few and trying to get some recommendations.

Cant remember the name of the VPN we use, I'll have to go back & check to see which one. Works a treat though. I'll dig it out & send you a DM.

Just went for a walk there to get some air at lunchtime & its lovely out, great to see it bright & sunny, even if its not to last for long at least its a sign that the brighter days are coming. You can only take so much gloomy wet & windy weather.

Was only thinking too, 3 months ago we were a week into Christmas FM's seasonal run, meaning we're already a quarter of the year down before its back again, which for many of us here is peak build up time, and probably the time I love the most in the build up as the dreaded 3 weeks of chaos with work n stuff happens soon after.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's been lovely to see a bit of daylight the last while, alright. :)

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    It's been lovely to see a bit of daylight the last while, alright. :)

Kids played outside in the garden yesterday afternoon for the first time this year. Fresh air helped get them asleep as well so added bonus :)

The Let's See Your Christmas Trees thread and the Christmas Eve traditions thread are nice and cheery, if anyone needs a little morale boost. :)

The Let's See Your Christmas Trees thread and the Christmas Eve traditions thread are nice and cheery, if anyone needs a little morale boost. :)

Went through the christmas eve traditions one (well a few pages of it) yesterday.
    My other go-to's are the adverts ones... love looking back over the old ones, even though a load of links are broken theres still plenty in there to make me smile!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

It’s a fabulous day out. Going to go for a walk outside at lunch time. Around my house anyway.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    It’s a fabulous day out. Going to go for a walk outside at lunch time. Around my house anyway.

Yea it's a beautiful day out here too, deffo going for a walk after work.

Next week we will be into the 30's in terms of number of weeks to Christmas. That's definitely something to celebrate :)

Can always rely on coming here for some much needed positivity :)

Yea it's a beautiful day out here too, deffo going for a walk after work.
    I'll bring my doggie for a walk after work if the weather stays nice. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,218 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

That when we get through this period and everything settles down we'll fly into Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

What a beautiful day it was today! We got out to the beach for a walk (nearly had the heads blown off us with the wind but it was worth it) & then the kids were outside all day in the garden. We didn't do any school work today - but that's ok, not all learning is from books! :D

• Advertisement

Beautiful day out there but it was cold!! Birrrrr.

Wasn't it just! Brr.

That when we get through this period and everything settles down we'll fly into Christmas!

Especially if it lasts through the summer!!

9 months today = best day of the year! And fingers crossed we'll be back to something resembling normality by then.

I am going to make either waffles, or maybe pancakes, on Saturday or Sunday for breakfast.

I also have a three day weekend to look forward to, so am going to chill out, read, take a long bath and relax. :)

I also have a three day weekend to look forward to, so am going to chill out, read, take a long bath and relax. :)

Sounds like a great idea. Might see if I can take the kids out for a long walk or drive in the car and let my wife do that. She deserves it.

The clocks are going forward on Saturday, hello brighter evenings! :)

The clocks are going forward on Saturday, hello brighter evenings! :)

Can't wait. I am definitely a summer time clock fan. Even though I'm a morning person love the long bright evenings.

TRS30 wrote: »
    Can't wait. I am definitely a summer time clock fan. Even though I'm a morning person love the long bright evenings.

Same here.

• Advertisement

Over a quarter of the way to Christmas, less than 40 weeks, weather has been great lately, clocks going forward tomorrow and today is Friday. Not a bad day. :)

Advertisement