Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

EI605 going around.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

EI605 gone around.

Diverting to SNN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Delboy2015 wrote: »
    12573019_10153797619606291_1342536843956671352_n.jpg?oh=71d23b777928e85d43aa68b52daadd6e&oe=5749E783

Just seen this on the Ireland AM facebook page, taken earlier!

Edit: Not actually from today it seems

Looks photoshopped!
    Left main gear appears to be in the grass but still have tire smoke.
    The Carlton hotel is off the end of runway 34 but planes landing on 16.
    And best of all, CBK is still in CFN and hasn't flown today!

EI155 diverting to SNN

WX113 going around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

LH978 didn't even try a approach and heading back to frankfurt :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    LH978 didn't even try a approach and heading back to frankfurt :eek:

That's fairly outrageous now. Especially as there doesn't seem to be any tech problem. At least drop the pax off in shannon or something so they can get to Dublin that way. poor passengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

IngazZagni wrote: »
    That's fairly outrageous now. Especially as there doesn't seem to be any tech problem. At least drop the pax off in shannon or something so they can get to Dublin that way. poor passengers.

Outrageous indeed IMHO.

Can't attach image as im getting a server issue but here is link.

https://www.flightradar24.com/DLH978/8a3754e

Edit: Image is blank - Must be still a issue since the DDOS attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,775 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

very loud planes overhead last night, over kilbarrack and not as far north as usual north dublin, one of them was swn421

Growler!!! wrote: »
    The Carlton hotel is off the end of runway 34 but planes landing on 16.
    !

Trying to get used to the numbers ahead of time I see!

Also stobarts were using 25.

• Advertisement

UA23 (EWR-DUB) diverted SNN
    AA722 (PHL-DUB) diverted SNN
    EI155 (LHR-DUB) diverted SNN
    EI605 (AMS-DUB) diverted SNN
    FR9429 (BGY-DUB) diverted SNN
    FR1965 (EIN-DUB) diverted SNN
    FR7033 (FAO-DUB) diverted SNN
    FR2371 (STN-DUB) diverted LPL
    WX113 (LCY-DUB) diverted BFS
    LH978 (FRA-DUB) diverted FRA

EI3801 (BHX-ORK) diverted SNN

11 diversions today, 10 from DUB.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Trying to get used to the numbers ahead of time I see!

Also stobarts were using 25.

Think he was talking about Dublin? There's no Carlton hotel at cork airport...

Oh. I assumed it was Cork as there was no stobarts inbound DUB this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Delboy2015 wrote: »
    12573019_10153797619606291_1342536843956671352_n.jpg?oh=71d23b777928e85d43aa68b52daadd6e&oe=5749E783

Just seen this on the Ireland AM facebook page, taken earlier!

Edit: Not actually from today it seems

Landing on runway 28 at DUB. The paved area in the foreground is taxiway E2, I'd say. Long grass and the perspective from which the photo is taken might lead the viewer to believe the aircraft was on the grass but you can also see the puff of smoke from the left main gear as it contacts the runway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭billie1b

EchoIndia wrote: »
    Landing on runway 28 at DUB. The paved area in the foreground is taxiway E2, I'd say. Long grass and the perspective from which the photo is taken might lead the viewer to believe the aircraft was on the grass but you can also see the puff of smoke from the left main gear as it contacts the runway.

Nah sorry, its photoshopped to bits

billie1b wrote: »
    Nah sorry, its photoshopped to bits

Please explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭Mech1

More wind on the way tonight / Morning.
    http://www.met.ie/nationalwarnings/default.asp
    STATUS YELLOW

Wind Warning for Dublin, Wexford, Wicklow, Galway, Clare, Cork, Kerry, Limerick and Waterford

SW winds will strengthen again this evening and overnight and will later veer NW. Mean speeds 50 to 65 km/hr with gusts to around 90 km/hr are expected, winds will be strongest in exposed coastal fringes.
    Issued:
    Tuesday 26 January 2016 15:00
    Valid:
    Tuesday 26 January 2016 21:00 to Wednesday 27 January 2016 09:00

STATUS YELLOW

Weather Advisory for Wexford, Galway, Clare, Cork, Kerry and Waterford

A combination of strong winds, high tides and heavy rain brings the enhanced risk of coastal flooding overnight and at first tomorrow to exposed coastal areas.
    Issued:
    Tuesday 26 January 2016 16:00
    Valid:
    Tuesday 26 January 2016 21:00 to Wednesday 27 January 2016 09:00

The TAFs don't look too harsh.

EchoIndia wrote: »
    Please explain.

The grass has shadows, but there's no shadows of the aircraft. The pixelation of the hotel is near perfect when you zoom in yet the aircraft gets blurry, especially around the titles. Thats just from a quick look at it, i'm sure there's more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

billie1b wrote: »
    The grass has shadows, but there's no shadows of the aircraft. The pixelation of the hotel is near perfect when you zoom in yet the aircraft gets blurry, especially around the titles. Thats just from a quick look at it, i'm sure there's more.

The light is behind and to the left of the aircraft - the shadow is in the right place. The blur is motion blur - I would fully expect the hotel to be sharper while the aircraft shows some blur with the shutter speed used.
    It may well be photoshopped (though I don't think so) but not for the reasons you've given.

• Advertisement

EI3709 made a go around and some.messy looking holding at Cork. On approach again now.

Down on second attempt (I'd edit my last post but I can't find it!)

The light is behind and to the left of the aircraft - the shadow is in the right place. The blur is motion blur - I would fully expect the hotel to be sharper while the aircraft shows some blur with the shutter speed used.
    It may well be photoshopped (though I don't think so) but not for the reasons you've given.

As a photographer I have seen all sorts of lighting situations and, this being Ireland, there can be reflections from clouds that result in objects being lit from more than one direction. The scene depicted is not particularly out of the ordinary for Dublin in crosswind conditions, so why anyone would bother to Photoshop as suggested, I don't know. Sharpness in an image depends on lots of factors and if the camera is focused on a fixed object, unless the photographer pans accurately you would expect any moving object to be less sharp.

RYR2TK Gone around

Switching to runway 28

RYR2TK Down safe, reporting Choppy conditions and that maybe runway 16 might have been better in the conditions.

N457JC Gulfstream III in the descent into DUB from Gander.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

American Airlines flight 109 returning to London LHR with several medical emergencies on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

January wrote: »
    American Airlines flight 109 returning to London LHR with several medical emergencies on board.

A passenger on board tweeted that several pax and crew are suffering from equilibrium. What's that?

• Advertisement

A passenger on board tweeted that several pax and crew are suffering from equilibrium. What's that?

Whiplash injuries

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement