Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

arubex wrote: »
    21:50 That's an unusual freight flight, TNT heading down the east coast from Oslo to.. somewhere southerly.

http://fr24.com/2016-01-28/21:50/12x/TAY103A/8a9638c

A lot of Scandinavian airlines do that when heading to the Canaries, either taking advantage of winds (they are currently stiff northerly tailwinds over the eastern Atlantic) or avoiding certain FIRs (Brest has had delays of late with the ERATO implementation)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

What antennas are people talking about? I don't seem to have them on my screen.

I notice that if you are on Premium then there is an option to show or hide VORs and NDBs. Maybe that's the problem?

Beacons.

Take a look at Dublin, what's on the ground to you currently?

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Beacons.

Take a look at Dublin, what's on the ground to you currently?

This

XZJJdFYO1790e_xuyQR6Xgxn7XYrt0gZJLGWj8Z4pyHtwRGLmVrnADaWGwjINFhTh-AwtuzzL3iK2AKwp9j1gsF5Nh3ZzX3dd4l8ZH1Bu1sVvMBob1yofiV70KBvZQGmRbtmYwifhuHYyw6345pOFo925mkLyvFtXSXQeKF7YBLxGqpVtP9i4KicL_MB1Td8fhyk3woiO6FG_548P8v7xAik0T90LeDS75OnU2x7iNwYFuZNA679HTm3cIxuYtAK5PiL1g_uMG6JfvX1uGMdi_vz3vvAX11uSLjPsCY7NGS9tLvg-qCTwocVfgv0PMcI_X5qU9rQwVCid0V_289b8dXFdi992JH0MATR8YYyhAbqE9F2YDmacvfOoUq2plOE69bwenI-85V1AI09Fx9gcnUyOgwg0reHwJRlNmU0vN-dVV99QDJIms4j2CNfTS30sg6NUKoUYdWngr5JQB6v4j6mJfh5CEGOq6ai4BLeY6F3GteEGluigpIUS5f3gobK0grQDtDEJC0gXtNjOGWZvb4uHzIvz14_E55lJ0qZShff7_dgrqrfAJp80MJvWSBZG2rb=w732-h456-no

This

See the 2 unknowns? They're beacons and have been constantly on the ground in DUB for months now. Just complete clutter.

Its too often that you can't hear a sound on the Cork feed. Anyone knows who runs it? Very unreliable lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

Its too often that you can't hear a sound on the Cork feed. Anyone knows who runs it? Very unreliable lately.

It's run by Atlantic Flight Training.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Good to have it at all but yes been patchy on and off for a long while for me. Maybe needs outsourcing to Mech1 :pac:

See the 2 unknowns? They're beacons and have been constantly on the ground in DUB for months now. Just complete clutter.

Ah yeah, I think I've seen them before but never really gave them any notice!

Ah yeah, I think I've seen them before but never really gave them any notice!

Had 8 ground vehicles on the ground the other night at 4am, many of them Beacons.

If you have an aircraft on approach, you have to zoom right in to select it due to the beacons always being selected. Can get annoying.

Had 8 ground vehicles on the ground the other night at 4am, many of them Beacons.

If you have an aircraft on approach, you have to zoom right in to select it due to the beacons always being selected. Can get annoying.

Yes, I had deselected Ground Vehicles Visible for that reason but now you mention it there still is some clutter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

arubex wrote: »
    21:50 That's an unusual freight flight, TNT heading down the east coast from Oslo to.. somewhere southerly.

http://fr24.com/2016-01-28/21:50/12x/TAY103A/8a9638c

Now en route DUB to (I expect) Liege. Aircraft is OY-JTM B734F.

I have a great new issue on the FR24 app. All aircraft have just disappeared. Force closed the app, nothing. Rebooted the phone, went into the app, they returned for 5 seconds and disappeared again.

Anyone else having this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

I have a great new issue on the FR24 app. All aircraft have just disappeared. Force closed the app, nothing. Rebooted the phone, went into the app, they returned for 5 seconds and disappeared again.

Same here on iPad

Working fine for me on Android. Beacons n all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Same issue here and I'm using the https://www.flightradar24.com/53.43,-6.26/12 website.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Yes, not working on the laptop. I discovered this Twitter post, though, from 1 hour ago: Swiss Air is due to take delivery of its first Boeing 777. There's a link to FR24 tracking its progress, which is useless, due to the issues with the site at present.

https://twitter.com/flightradar24

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Down here also .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I'm off to bed.......will listen to the gale outside for a while....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shamrock2004

Winds gusting max 53 kts. EI 136 gone around. Entering a hold.

Missed approach again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Didn't make it down on second attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

EI136 trying a third attempt, failing that they're going to Shannon.

Gusting to 69 knots at Donegal Airport. Lucky Dublin isn't in Donegal...

SPECI EIDL 290537Z AUTO 25048G69KT 5000 +DZ FEW012 BKN026 OVC037 10/05 Q0994=

EI 136 landed :)

UAL23 from Newark now on finals 28...

Groundspeed just 74 kts at 3000 ft

EDIT: Landed

FedEx 5202 is still holding at FL 200. Winds max 45 kts minimum 22 kts

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

BA832 returning to LHR. (Didn't get too far).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

sharkman wrote:

Any idea what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

sharkman wrote: »
    Now all BA LHR-DUB flights cancelled up to 13.00. What are they up to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

Mebuntu wrote: »
    Now all BA LHR-DUB flights cancelled up to 13.00. What are they up to?

Operating out of LHR, they're a bit more constrained with their flexibility and disruption recovery, hence you sometimes say what appear to be 'drastic' measures despite the situation calming.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement