Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

A passenger on board tweeted that several pax and crew are suffering from equilibrium. What's that?

Got a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Got all the way past Reykjavik before turning back to London

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

billie1b wrote: »
    Whiplash injuries

If I understand this correctly, from Turbulence?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

Problems with equilibrium would mean a problem with balance, wouldn't it? In other words, they're rather dizzy. Am thinking that either something they ingested that's making them all dizzy or a pressurisation issue that caused a subsequent problem with their ears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭billie1b

bronn wrote: »
    Problems with equilibrium would mean a problem with balance, wouldn't it? In other words, they're rather dizzy. Am thinking that either something they ingested that's making them all dizzy or a pressurisation issue that caused a subsequent problem with their ears.

Yes, most cases of equilibrium are caused from whiplash or a sudden jerking of the head, this leaves a person feeling dizzy, nauseous and like they have vertigo. Not a nice feeling to have

In a fairly hard T-bone traffic collision, maybe (and there's debate around this because it seems these cases have 'minor' brain injury which cause the balance problems) but on board an aircraft? That would have to be quite a bang / shake up. But maybe there was - who knows? Most cases of loss of equilibrium are caused by a cold. :)

Occasionally, I get dizzy when I fly, sometimes for no apparent reason. I'm sitting there, quite happily, and the next thing I know, I feel like I'm about to fall over. So I clutch at the arm rest or brace myself until it passes. Very disconcerting and I've never been able to pinpoint why it happens. I always presumed I've some sort of inner ear issue. I hate when it happens though because I do feel rather sick with it at times. Would love to know a way to stop it.

Quick question about F24. Is there any way to turn off those beacons at DUB? I like seeing the aircraft and DAA vehicles, so I don't want to turn off the "ground vehicles" option but I was wondering there something that could stop those beacon yokes from displaying?

Very good question from Bronn there.
    I don't think so, they do my head in too as you have to zoom all the way in to select an aircraft on the ground in DUB. It always picks those stupid beacons first.

Yup - bugs the hell out of me too, Carnacalla.

There's this one (what IS this??):
    Screenshot%202016-01-27%2018.01.11_zpsdj0dvqdh.jpg

And this one:
    Screenshot%202016-01-27%2018.01.21_zps7r0grevg.jpg

And the other two with the question mark on them that show up at the end of the runways occasionally. Stupid beacons!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

New A320 NEO passing abeam Shannon @ 20.25.
    Coming from Iqaluit to ?

I wonder if it was there for cold weather testing?

12605393_10206599572280274_3001589672014820701_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Probably going back to France.

Yeah to TLS. Think I seen it fly up from TLS yesterday or the day before.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Go around at Cork now, EI3805 from Edinburgh

Having skipped the usual "terror in the skies" articles, seems they're none the wiser as to what happened that AA flight yesterday. Might be something to do with the cabin pressure or maybe people were just sick. See here or here.

PS - Seven beacons for DUB showing earlier today. More beacons than planes at times now. We could name them - Liesl, Friedrich, Louisa, Kurt, Brigitta, Marta and Gretel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭GBX

From Twitter:

BA178 taking advantage of a 195 kt tailwind over the Atlantic. Ground Speed of 607 kt.

Sure is. Check out those wind speeds at 35,000ft. :eek:

Screenshot%202016-01-28%2016.13.43_zpsndq2dokm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

1. Purpose of this Notice. It is the purpose of this Notice to inform the United States (U.S.) aviation community of the ICAO North Atlantic Systems Planning Group (NAT SPG) plan to re-designate North Atlantic Minimum Navigation Performance Specifications Airspace (NAT MNPSA) as NAT High Level Airspace (HLA) on
    4 February 2016.

MNPS is changing its name.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

1. Purpose of this Notice. It is the purpose of this Notice to inform the United States (U.S.) aviation community of the ICAO North Atlantic Systems Planning Group (NAT SPG) plan to re-designate North Atlantic Minimum Navigation Performance Specifications Airspace (NAT MNPSA) as NAT High Level Airspace (HLA) on
    4 February 2016.

MNPS is changing its name.

I expect no disruption as a result of Storm Gertrude due late tonight.
    DUB winds will peak at only "230 degrees 28kts Gust 46" between 2am and 7am. That's unlikely to cause any disruption and hardly anything lands at that time anyway. SNN has higher winds (32kts G 48kts), but from 240 degrees so no crosswind. ORK has a max gust of 43kts between 1am-3am. Similar story with NOC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Carnacalla wrote: »
    I expect no disruption as a result of Storm Gertrude due late tonight.
    DUB winds will peak at only "230 degrees 28kts Gust 46" between 2am and 7am. That's unlikely to cause any disruption and hardly anything lands at that time anyway. SNN has higher winds (32kts G 48kts), but from 240 degrees so no crosswind. ORK has a max gust of 43kts between 1am-3am. Similar story with NOC.

I think actual winds will turn out to be 5-10 knots higher than TAF

• Advertisement

I think actual winds will turn out to be 5-10 knots higher than TAF

Even so, at those hours of the morning it wont affect much.
    How come may I ask, a personal feeling? They are quite conservative.

Even so, at those hours of the morning it wont affect much.
    How come may I ask, a personal feeling? They are quite conservative.

925 hPa winds of 75-80 knots at 600 m above the surface and some convective mixing. I reckon this will translate to 50-55 knots in some METARs early tomorrow.

Met Éireann have underestimated many max winds in TAFs 12-24 hours out. I think this will be the same again.

What antennas are people talking about? I don't seem to have them on my screen.

I notice that if you are on Premium then there is an option to show or hide VORs and NDBs. Maybe that's the problem?

What antennas are people talking about? I don't seem to have them on my screen.

I notice that if you are on Premium then there is an option to show or hide VORs and NDBs. Maybe that's the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭Mech1

Im gonna stick the weather (ATIS) channels on for a couple of min now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Mech1 wrote: »
    Im gonna stick the weather (ATIS) channels on for a couple of min now.

Stephen Hawking....

Found it hilarious listening into Cork/Shannon for the first time..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

21:50 That's an unusual freight flight, TNT heading down the east coast from Oslo to.. somewhere southerly.

http://fr24.com/2016-01-28/21:50/12x/TAY103A/8a9638c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

21:50 That's an unusual freight flight, TNT heading down the east coast from Oslo to.. somewhere southerly.

http://fr24.com/2016-01-28/21:50/12x/TAY103A/8a9638c

Update: descending now, looks like it's for Dublin

b757 wrote: »
    Stephen Hawking....

Found it hilarious listening into Cork/Shannon for the first time..

Me too :)

Honestly I found it scary freaky at some points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭Mech1

Me too :)

Honestly I found it scary freaky at some points.

Just ask, I can stick it on anytime you want to frighten the kids:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement