Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Delboy2015

EI203 / EIN20T gone around at Dub, wasn't listening to ATC so i don't know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Heads up for SNN, USAF SAM127 010040 C40 should pass through tomorrow around 2300z

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

11pm TAF gives a 30% PROB Tempo of winds of 210 degrees (SSW) 30kts G 48kts at Dublin tomorrow between 7am and 1pm. If it happens there will be disruption to operations, I'd imagine that wind is outside of limits for Wet Runway operations on both RWY28 and RWY 16 for many airlines and aircraft.

Cork's peak winds hit overnight when there's no traffic.

Shannon has a 200 degrees 30kts G47kts wind with heavy rain tempo 30%prob from 3am-9am. Maybe a little disruption, to the transatlantic arrivals but I doubt it.

Knock looks to have calmed too by the first arrival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Carnacalla wrote: »
    11pm TAF gives a 30% PROB Tempo of winds of 210 degrees (SSW) 30kts G 48kts at Dublin tomorrow between 7am and 1pm. If it happens there will be disruption to operations, I'd imagine that wind is outside of limits for Wet Runway operations on both RWY28 and RWY 16 for many airlines and aircraft.

Star Air 767 just departed on 16 with Ryanair training flight lining up behind it. Seems okay so far. Its very windy though that's for sure.

6:00am winds of 190 degrees 28kts G 42kts.
    Push it over to 210 degrees and add a few more knots and then you have problems, especially to landers.

• Advertisement

Departures reporting it very very rough from takeoff to 2,300-2,500ft.

Wind at 7:04, 210 degrees 37kts G51kts.

Edit: Several departing aircraft now getting caught by the limits, Gust of 52kts now, outside of limits at 210 degrees but within limits at 200 degrees. Swinging between the 2 fairly frequently for the past 20 mins.

EI3208 (Stobart) returned to the back of the line due to the wind.

RYR535A (FR535) EMA-DUB on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

The mean wind given by the tower is taken over 2 minutes while the TAF and METAR mean is 10 minutes. A 2-minute mean can be easily higher than a 10-minute, which can cause a problem in some cases when planning. It may look within limits on the TAF and METAR but then you get to the holding point and the tower gives you one out of limits. Frustrating for crews and pax.

Do they have a mean speed limit? The gusts are 10minutes average and that's what's catching aircraft all the time, never the mean in my experience.

FR3100 and EI3350 returning to back of queue as wind outside limits. Now joined by FR6875

RYR472Z (FR331) going around.
    Windshear warning.

• Advertisement

BA834 gone around.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Sounds very rough out there alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Do they have a mean speed limit? The gusts are 10minutes average and that's what's catching aircraft all the time, never the mean in my experience.

Sorry, you're right, they go on the gusts.

Note to self: don't post rambling messages so early in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

An aircraft has various limits for dry, wet, different braking actions, and for landing and takeoff. Gusts have to be taken account of when converting the ATC reported wind, but the aircraft limits generally don't specify gust limits as such. Many aircraft will have ground handing limits, for which gusts would be taken into account, e.g. for opening doors, but these are usually above 50kts.

There are 2 ways I've come across of factoring gusts...e.g. take the steady wind add on half of the gust value (e.g. 20 Gusting 40, becomes 30kts), and then check the cross component of the 30kts.
    Second way is to get the cross component of the steady, the 20kts, and then add on half of the gust value (10kts in this example). This way is more limiting, as the gust component doesn't get reduced.

The airlines manuals would dictate the company approved way of factoring the winds. Some airlines have different limits for the same aircraft types as well, and some may just have a 'demonstrated crosswind' figure, so the number isn't necessarily a limit and is at the crews discretion.

Many ATC units can provide an 'instant wind', which is not averaged, and will just show the mean. However, Dublin ATC won't provide instant wind readouts for the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I flew from Shannon this am, bumpy enough departure but was expecting far far worse

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭TPMP

Looks like AA722 has been diverted to Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

Ryanair training flight lining up behind it.

that wouldn't be a training flight, someone at FR24 has set up Ryanair's only 737-700 with a misleading company title. They wouldn't be doing training in these conditions and there's no flight training out of Dublin anyway as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

moloner4 wrote: »
    On the madrid flight since 6 this morning, still on the plane. Anyone got updates?

Ryanair? You should be moving in next 15 minutes, or so does their website says

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭GBX

moloner4 wrote: »
    On the madrid flight since 6 this morning, still on the plane. Anyone got updates?

DAA arrivals page only has 3 Madrid flights:

Madrid Ryanair FR7257 26 Jan 12:20 Delayed 17:05
    Madrid Aer Lingus EI595 26 Jan 21:55
    Madrid Ryanair FR7157 26 Jan 22:20 Delayed 22:25

Which one are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Video of landing this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Ah ok .. I thought you were coming in :o
    Hope you get away soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

UAL23 coming in to Shannon now, diverted from Dublin. Saw an A320 and 737 touch down in Dublin before it, I would have thought a 757 could manage the conditions if those smaller aircraft could unless they picked up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

UAL23 coming in to Shannon now, diverted from Dublin. Saw an A320 and 737 touch down in Dublin before it, I would have thought a 757 could manage the conditions if those smaller aircraft could unless they picked up?

As an example, the wet takeoff crosswind limit for a 747-400 at a UK operator is 25kts, the same as a 737.

All traffic appears to be holding at DUB.

EI3701 diverting to SNN after a go around on Corks RWY25.

12573019_10153797619606291_1342536843956671352_n.jpg?oh=71d23b777928e85d43aa68b52daadd6e&oe=5749E783

Just seen this on the Ireland AM facebook page, taken earlier!

Edit: Not actually from today it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

bkehoe wrote: »
    As an example, the wet takeoff crosswind limit for a 747-400 at a UK operator is 25kts, the same as a 737.

Interesting, I didn't know that - thanks. Is it the same for landing crosswind limits?

That pics not from today. Sure I've seen it before and the altitude of EI3807 was not that low, go around was initiated before reaching the runway.

That pics not from today. Sure I've seen it before and the altitude of EI3807 was not that low, go around was initiated before reaching the runway.

Never trust Facebook...

9 planes holding at Dub

• Advertisement

FR1965 looks to be going to SNN.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement