Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold snap Jan 10th onwards: Wintry Showers, Snow Accumulations for some

Options

Comments

Snow on ground here in Roscommon. Cold too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Heavy sleet/snow in Dublin 15, clonsilla area now

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

Snowing at dublin airport

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Here you go and its just starting again!! (Cavan)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Fear_an_tarbh

Snowing heavily in Letterkenny, a centimetre or 2 on the ground at the lower part of town, the high parts provably have twice as much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭statto25

Just a light dusting in Castlebar this morning. Booooooo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Snowing with rain now in Dublin City centre

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Snow here, a nice dusting in Donegal. This weather is great, no model watching for weeks the snow is just falling when it feels like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

rain in Dublin 1, no sleet or snow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

A couple of centimetres here this morning in Dungiven, Co. Derry :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭ComaWhite

Heavy snow shower just finishing on Inch Island, has stuck well, everything white again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

seems the north west, north and east conditions are tricky this morning. down south a bit of snow on higher ground but nothing at lower levels. dp is 1 here so if i could only find a way of getting it to 0!

later this evening maybe as ME have forecast possible snow. is colder air supposed to filter in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Snowing in Tinahely FINALLY YAY :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Very light snow in North drogheda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Stopped now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

And gone :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

A nice sleet and snow shower in Knocklyon (D16) this morning just as the kids were going to school. A good sprinkling of snow up in Bohernabreena valley, but less so on Tibradden - Three Rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Quite a nice dusting on the Cooley Mountains and the Mournes this morning. Heavy ice all over the place and it's currently snowing lightly now in NE Louth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Snowing in Galway city now. Did not expect that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Very light snow in East Meath. My three year old is besides herself with excitement. Please let it get heavier and stick around for a while - even a few hours so she can play with her sisters when they get home from school.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Light snow shower in Galway city
    Temp 1.1C, DP 0.2C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Lumi wrote: »
    Light snow shower in Galway city
    Temp 1.1C, DP 0.2C

It's getting heavier now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Near Roundwood (230m asl), woke up to a bit of graupel frozen to the car. Looked like there was some higher up (probably from last nights rain out our level). Latest report from home was it was snowing, but not sticking.

Typically, I've plans for this evening and won't be back up the mountains myself until after 10!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

A good bit of snow here in South cavan. About 2cm or maybe 3. Starting to snow again.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

Snow on the grass in Cavan. Sun coming out now but it was nice while it lasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

mhiggy09 wrote: »
    A good bit of snow here in South cavan. About 2cm or maybe 3. Starting to snow again.
    Where abouts are you? I supposed to go out on the road today and want an excuse not to!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Snowing in Galway city now. Did not expect that.
    Galways showers are traveling over land from the north west and probably passing over higher ground too en route to you,so you are getting no coastal modification
    If they were coming directly off the sea,you'd probably have sleet/rain

I think its time to get out in the snow before it melts, the sun just came out :-(

RuthieRose wrote: »
    Where abouts are you? I supposed to go out on the road today and want an excuse not to!!

I'm in South cavan on the boarder with longford. The main roads seem okish but alot of other roads are not great with lots of slipery patches.

• Advertisement

What it looks in my area

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement