Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Award Season 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Viola Davis

336455.jpg

Julie Bowen

336456.jpg

Felicity Jones

336457.jpg

Julianne Moore

336458.jpg

Emmy Rossum

336459.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Loving Julianne Moore, Reese Witherspoon and Joanne Froggatt so far! Keira Knightley - not bad at all!! Purple looks good on her!

Amy Poehler

336460.jpg

Julia Roberts

336461.jpg

Just seen Emma Stone. So unusual, I really like it! She's been great this awards season and I'm really looking forward to seeing what she'll wear to the Oscars!!:)

Reese Witherspoon

336462.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

RosyLily wrote: »
    Just seen Emma Stone. So unusual, I really like it! She's been great this awards season and I'm really looking forward to seeing what she'll wear to the Oscars!!:)

Originally I didn't like it but the more I look at it the more I'm warning to it. It moves well!

Naomi Watts

336463.jpg

Jennifer Aniston

336464.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I love that Viola Davis wore her hair naturally. She looks so young!

Emma Stone

336470.jpg

Lupita Nyongo

336471.jpg

Originally I didn't like it but the more I look at it the more I'm warning to it. It moves well!

It looks fantastic as she walks.

ALERT! Jennifer Aniston is not wearing black!:eek::pac: She looks amazing!!

Love Naomi Watt's dress.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

I'm in love with Jennifer Aniston! She looks amazing.
    Also, love Lupita Nyungo's makeup. Looks glowing and flawless. Not really impressed with anyone else. Some bad fashion choices there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Winner of the night for me (and also best picture of the night!) - Danielle Brooks from Orange is the New Black.

tumblr_nirfgtb88U1tguoxuo1_540.jpg

I wasn't gone on the neck at first but it's grown on me, I think she looks stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Camila Alves (Matthew McConauhey's missus) is my pick of the night, stunning dress, style and colour suit her perfectly.
    Julianna Margulies looked amazing, big improvement on last time.
    I wasn't blown away by Naomi Watts this time, the dress looks a bit unfinished and the trim at the top looks a bit cheap and nasty to me! Gorgeous clutch bag though.
    Reese Witherspoon's white dress was gorgeous, would make an amazing understated wedding gown. Some of the other white dresses looked a bit wrong IMO (Maggie Gyllenhal - wrinkled and poorly fitting)
    Rashida Jones' dress was gorgeous, loved the pattern and pop of blue
    Not a mad fan of Lupita's dress but her hair, make up and jewelry - flawless as always!
    Emma Stone's take on the tuxedo dress was brilliant; Julia Roberts' was ill-fitting and a bit boring IMO.
    Really loved Claire Danes look, unusual colour and style, just made for her.
    SAG style much more interesting this year than last year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

This was just not a good idea:

Rosamund Pike-

slide_397634_4898478_compressed.jpg

I loved Lupita's makeup, her skin is just amazing- wasn't mad about her dress though. I can't decide on Emma Stone's tuxedo dress thing, I mean she looked amazing but it didn't really flatter her figure. It was so much better than Julia Roberts' tuxedo dress though, that was very ill-fitting. It was nice to see Jennifer Aniston is something less boring but I didn't love it- although again, her hair and figure are just amazing.

I loved Reese Witherspoon, Viola Davis (her hair! LOVE the fro!), Danielle Brooks, Julianne Moore, Claire Danes and Joanne Froggat. But Felicity Jones was my favourite- so elegant and simple, totally timeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Never have I seen more sour looking miserable faces on TV than those dissecting the fashion from last nights red carpet on xpose. Wretched miserable the lot of them, not a nice thing to say about anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Loving the choice of colour on Julianne moore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

anna080 wrote: »
    Never have I seen more sour looking miserable faces on TV than those dissecting the fashion from last nights red carpet on xpose. Wretched miserable the lot of them, not a nice thing to say about anyone.

I didn't see it but I have to laugh thinking of them being so critical of the various actresses. I mean come on, Aisling is really not a good presenter, Glenda makes ZERO effort with her wardrobe (the other day she wore a grey t shirt and a messy bun) and don't get me started on your man! I think Lisa is ok- she can be a bit cheesy but overall she's grand. I'm not saying they're not entitled to dislike something, but they should be a bit more professional in their approach.

If you can't dress nicely for a show about fashion then I can't take your opinion on the dresses seriously tbh. They annoy me anyway.

I'd much rather watch Fashion Police on E! than Xpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Meangadh wrote: »
    I didn't see it but I have to laugh thinking of them being so critical of the various actresses. I mean come on, Aisling is really not a good presenter, Glenda makes ZERO effort with her wardrobe (the other day she wore a grey t shirt and a messy bun) and don't get me started on your man! I think Lisa is ok- she can be a bit cheesy but overall she's grand. I'm not saying they're not entitled to dislike something, but they should be a bit more professional in their approach.

Stop the guy they have on it now is chronic. He annoys me just looking at him. I met Lisa once on a night out and she was absolutely lovely!

anna080 wrote: »
    Stop the guy they have on it now is chronic. He annoys me just looking at him. I met Lisa once on a night out and she was absolutely lovely!

Should do a Fashion Police episode, boards-style! Boardsies get together and chat awards style. Way better than them on tv3!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

RosyLily wrote: »
    Should do a Fashion Police episode, boards-style! Boardsies get together and chat awards style. Way better than them on tv3!!:D

I'm available for whenever this happens! None of my friends can understand my obsession with the red carpet and award season! I don't know how I got through it without ye boardsies!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

My mum loves critiquing their looks too but she gets distracted by people looking 'terribly old', as in, I'll say 'Meryl Streep's dress is stunning isn't it' and she'll be like 'never mind the dress, what's happened to her face, and check out the hair, she looks TERRIBLY old! If I had her money and access to salons and surgeons... how old is she anyway?' ...yadda yadda yadda, all interest in dresses gone! Thank God for boardsies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Wellyd wrote: »
    I'm available for whenever this happens! None of my friends can understand my obsession with the red carpet and award season! I don't know how I got through it without ye boardsies!

+1 to this. My friends don't pay any heed when I start harping on about the red carpet season . . . . . . "....Emma stone wore a couture Dior gown.....she really nails it when it comes to the red carpet. Remember that yellow Versace gown from a few years ago.........she always looks amazing when it comes to award shows and premieres"

*tumbleweed* and blank faces :pac::pac:

F&A offers a great outlet for sharing this vital information :)

Advertisement