Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Award Season 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Cindy Crawford

334584.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Alicat wrote: »
    Cindy Crawford

334584.jpg

Blue really suits her....I feel the dress material is a bit clingy though

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

That dress colour doesn't work for Cindy. Something more muted would be nice.

Melissa McCarthy

334585.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

I can't stop looking at Amal's eybrows!! Does she have a flaw?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

If that clippy thing below her hip was moved up to her actual hip it would be much more flattering.

Edit: Cindy I mean.

Yeah...Amal looks uncomfortable with the fanfare.... I guess she's not sure what to say and when to speak....she's a stunning woman

Salma Hayek

334586.jpg

Melissa McCarthy's makeup is fab. I'd change the top of the dress a little (no need for the massive bow with all the ruffles at the bottom) but I like the ruffles a lot- she looks great overall in fairness!

Ooh well done Salma.

Edit: On a second look, she needs to pare back on the jewellery, the dress is metallic enough. Too much bling. But I really really like the dress.

• Advertisement

jake gyllenhaal went with his sis Maggie..... I would have gone with him, if he was stuck :P

Salma looks amazing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Salma Hayek is my new favourite!

Disappointed with Jennifer Aniston's dress (although she always plays it safe but this is particularly meh). But my God she looks amazing, she's hardly aging at all. Dunno if anyone put a pic up yet so:

B7HDOeZIAAAk5du.png

She has the best arms in the business!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Salma is incredible, gorgeous look as usual!

Anna Faris's dress is quite pretty. She and her husband are very cute together.

B7HECp8CcAEnx-X.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 JuRy40

Roll on awards season

Right, well past my bedtime. Jessica Chastain wins it for me, just because I think she looks so bloody hot.

Really liked Salma Hayek, Reese Witherspoon and of course Dame Helen too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I'm pretty disappointed with tonight's style. Normally there's a few moments where I'm wowed but tonight just was so meh.

Some of what I've seen so far,

Favourites:

Salma Hayek, Reese Witherspoon, Ellie Kenper, Christine Baranski and Julianne Moore

Dislikes:

Clare Danes, Rosamund Pike, Lana Del Ray, Kerry Washington.

And because she deserves her own category,

What the Fook were you thinking:

Keira Knightley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Love it - not super wild about the train tbh, but still very stylish and original :pac:

I'd expect nothing less from Emma!

Her and Christine Baranski are my faves so far.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Meangadh wrote: »
    Ah Joshua Jackson... <3

He just keeps getting better with age!

Meangadh wrote: »
    Melissa McCarthy's makeup is fab. I'd change the top of the dress a little (no need for the massive bow with all the ruffles at the bottom) but I like the ruffles a lot- she looks great overall in fairness!

Agreed.

I LOVE Salma's dress. There's a few hits for me, but mostly misses. To be fair, ball gowns nearly always do it for me. My fiancé is in the film biz, and I've told him in no uncertain terms that he has to get successful enough that we can go to awards shows and I can wear ball gowns regularly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

It's amazing how different some of the dresses photograph compared to watching them on tv.
    I'd love to stand by a red carpet and see how the dresses compare in real life to what we see in photos.

I agree about Selma. Love the dress but went overboard with jewellery. I loved Ellie Kemper from what I saw.
    Also, how come when I put my hair in a ponytail it looks nothing like Chrissy Teigen's!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Emma Stone looked fantastic. Her makeup looked great in particular, I like that she knows what suits her and sticks with it. Not a fan of jumpsuits but she looked beautiful, best of the night for me.

I know Amal's gloves were quite divisive but I like them! Very old Hollywood glam.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

More dresses

I love Uzo Adebu's! Ruth Wilson's is kind of nice too. Quvenzhane Wallis is as adorable as ever!

Watching the Red Carpet Live on RTE2 at present. Some of the dresses look better live than in the photos above.

Poor Viola Davis put on the wrong body shimmer - too purple for her skin tone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Think Leslie Mann won the Canary Wars over Naomi Watts!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Can't understand all the hate Jennifer Aniston is getting for her dress. I thought she looked so amazing. I know she plays it safe with black but so what? She rocks it and I think her body looked amazing. Saw them slate her on Xpose and the presenter Ashling even said she had a "manly jaw" and her hairstyle was too severe. I think her bone structure is fab and she can do no wrong in my eyes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

anna080 wrote: »
    Can't understand all the hate Jennifer Aniston is getting for her dress. I thought she looked so amazing. I know she plays it safe with black but so what? She rocks it and I think her body looked amazing. Saw them slate her on Xpose and the presenter Ashling even said she had a "manly jaw" and her hairstyle was too severe. I think her bone structure is fab and she can do no wrong in my eyes!

Totally agree, I heard someone comparing her dress to a 1990s bridesmaid's dress, maybe I don't remember the 90's as well as I thought but to me that just looks like a perfectly fitted, chic little dress!
    She dresses to accentuate her figure and to draw attention to her features, can't fault that really!
    Unreal that someone on Xpose has the cheek to be commenting on the scale of someones jaw, perhaps they should stick to the fashion!

Advertisement