Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building callouses and chasing goals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭EmcD123

Track session went really well last night

It was 2 sets of:
    40m,80m,100m

Then 1x200m
    Everything done flat out
    Felt like I was running fast and I wasnt getting too exhausted from it like in the last few sessions.

I have a 400m race on sunday so Im hoping that'll go okay. Im not hoping for a miracle but i'll be happy with anything between 54 and 56 for now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Where do you do short races like 400m

bluewolf wrote: »
    Where do you do short races like 400m

Track meets. The one this sunday is the Galway county seniors competition.The clubs in the area can have a meet arranged or else theres the county and province competitions aswell. Usually you have to be a member of a club and then they usually pass the information on to you , thats how I find out about them

Well that was an eventful day. I did the 100m and the 400m

The 100m first. I ran 12.3s ,I wanted to break 12 but there was a strong headwind and the blocks were ridiculously slippy as they were new and everybody got really bad starts out of them.

Then the 400m. I ran 55.5 . thats 2.5 seconds better than last time which is a huge improvement. I ran it well, started off a little too slow but I accelerated for almost the first 150m which is further than I meant to ,waited longer this time to kick again so sped up at the 350m mark and that made it better,my last 100m was pretty strong and I definitely feel now for the first time in ages that im actually getting back to where I was before, going to try and get as many races in as I can this summer

Hit the gym today, felt surprisingly good and squats went fantastic despite the fact that my legs felt like lead

Snatch
    singles up to 60kg(my pb) and then missed 62 again
    Clean and Jerk
    singles up to 65kg, missed 70, the cleans felt way too heavy
    Back squat
    3x2 @95kg
    3x3 @95kg
    Definitely will try for triples at 100 next week

• Advertisement

Very easy jog today. My hip ,knee and ankle were hurting on my left leg today ,so i think ill book myself into a physio appointment sometime soon

So just back now. Apparently ive done some damage to the hip joint and it could be something called impingement. And that my pelvis area is actually twisted a bit. Its supposed to be caused by the fact that im always running leaning into the one direction because of the track. So I have to take a weeks rest and I have a few more sessions to go to

First time back training was last night. went back to the weightlifting to see how I felt.
    Did a long snatch warmup , the moves felt awkward at the start but I definitely felt okay, I could tell my fitness has already dropped becasue I was out of breath pretty much from the start.

Then the main session
    Clean and jerk
    55kg on the minute every minute for 20 minutes.
    Even though it was light enough my jerk still felt really strong which was a surprise.
    Snatch pulls
    Tore some skin here so started using straps
    5x5 55kg
    Pushpress
    First time properly doing this
    30kg x10 reps
    35kg x8reps
    Was supposed to go for 10 rep max, I suck at pressing

Weightlifting again. Felt more powerful and less awkward this week. front squats were a disaster though

Snatch
    50kg one rep every minute on the minute for 20 reps

Front Squats
    5x5 @75kg

And a cycle this morning, only 12km but thats all I had in me

https://www.strava.com/activities/355707270

• Advertisement

weightlifting last night, had a fair amounr of volume again this week. Had to call the session short because my arm kinda pinched up and I couldnt straighten it out over my head

Clean and jerk
    Build up to a max
    Hit 70kg easy.
    Missed 75kg 3 times but it was really close on the last attempt
    Back squats
    Had to find a 5 rep max
    so did 90kg x5
    Got 4 out of 5 on 95kg ,I failed just as I was about to straighten up so I think I can count 95 as the 5rep max.
    then 4x5 @80kg
    Power jerk
    Find 5 rep max ,reached 50kg
    then 2x5 @45kg
    This is where I had to end the session. there was still 2 more sets of power jerks and then the same thing again but for push press

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

good stuff!!!

good stuff!!!

haha I can barely walk today!!

Last saturday did 45km on the bike average speed 23kmph

Tonight : weightlifting
    Snatch
    tried to reach a max but kept missing 60kg repeatedly.
    One of the coaches did a load of work with me after that with stretching, and various activation excercises and all that kind of stuff and in the end I had a great session.
    Finished with a load of pulls which were a lot better than they were at the start of the session. My hands are red raw now though :(

Was on fire tonight at the gym!! PR's were everywhere tonight!! :cool::cool:

Clean and Jerk
    to a max: 80kg PR!!!!
    8kg PR , got 75kg first and pressed it out then got 75kg again, one of the lads shoved 80 onto the bar then and told me to clean it but as it turns out I jerked it aswell :P:P
    My bodyweight is still 64.5kg

Snatch Balance
    3 rep max 45kg
    5x3 @40kg
    I hadnt done these in months so im not counting it as a PR

Back squats
    5 rep max : 100kg!!!! previous pr was 95kg last week which killed me at the time
    Pause squats
    5x5 @70kg
    Push Press
    5 rep max 45kg PR the highest Ive done before for 5 reps was 37kg

Grats on all the prs!

Grats on all the prs!

Thanks, I'm hoping that I didnt use up all my luck with that session though:p

Did about 6.5km of easy running last night. Wasnt difficult at all but it wasnt very fast

Tonights session was good. PR'ed the snatch but overall it was just a long heavy session

Snatch
    Reached a max of 62.5kg PR
    It was a ridiculously easy lift and I should have gotten the 65kg, Ill probably get it soon

Snatch Pulls
    1x6 @65kg
    4x5 @70kg
    These felt really heavy... but I dont do half enough pulls, when I missed the 65kg today its because I didnt pull high enough

Snatch 2nd pull
    1x5 @70kg
    5x5 @75kg
    Really really heavy

Muscle snatch
    2x5 @30kg
    5x5 @35kg

Bent over rows
    1x8 @40kg
    2x8 @45kg

Ab roll outs
    3x10

Did about 7.5km today, wasnt too fast ,wasnt too hard. Im finding this part of training pretty easy...

• Advertisement

So went to weightlifting tonight, had a good session but didnt manage the numbers of the previous week.

Clean and jerk
    Working up to a max, hit 75kg twice and missed 80kg twice

Snatch balance
    3 rep max :55kg (I got 2 out of 3 on 60kg)

Back Squat
    5 rep max:95kg (only got 3 out of 5 on 100kg this week)
    5x5 @85kg

Push press
    5 rep max:45kg
    Did a few 3 rep sets afterwards, my arm started acting up again stopping me from lifting the bar....:mad:

Sots press
    5x5 20kg so so hard.... got 3 out of 5 reps at 30kg

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Darrenon91

EmcD123 wrote: »
    Sots press
    5x5 20kg so so hard.... got 3 out of 5 reps at 30kg

I have just started reading your log. Good work. These ^ are an absolute killer.

Darrenon91 wrote: »
    I have just started reading your log. Good work. These ^ are an absolute killer.

thanks for reading! they really are the worst things ever,theyre so hard to do!!

as away all weekend for a weekend long party which involved 10 hours of travelling and I still havent recovered so I wasnt moving the way I usually do at training tonight

Snatch
    only hit 55kg tonight, missed 60kg like 5 times and had **** technique for nearly every lift

Snatch Pulls
    5x5 @75kg these were heavy but I need to do them so I did
    Snatch 2nd Pull
    5x5 @80kg heavy but the same as with pulls
    Muscle snatch +Overhead Squat
    3 rep max :40kg
    5x3 @35kg the 40kg was so tough
    Bent over rows
    3x8 @50kg

Was talking to the coach about trying to get numbers for either national senior or european juinors next year as either a 62kg or 69kg lifter, He says its possible but not entirely probable, Im just getting a bit fed up with never getting anywhere with running so im going to consider this and get talk it out with the coach and see what happens, its probably impossible but anything worth trying for is usually difficult

Basically did everything to a max tonight and it was great! No PR's but i matched all my previous maxes which I dont always manage

Snatch
    maxed out at 62.5kg which my current PR
    I was lifting really really well at all the weight increments up to that ,probably took too many attempts on the way up and tired myself. The weakest part of my snatch is definitely in the extension at the top of the pull, I tend to mistime it and go into the squat before Ive fully extended and I leave the bar out forward a lot aswell

Clean and jerk
    maxed at 80kg which is also my current pr
    Also lifted well here all the way up. I took 2 attempts at 82.5kg but missed the clean on the first and missed the jerk on the second

Front squat
    maxed at 100kg ,my current PR
    was feeling very strong for these but I got stuck in the bottom position for 105kg and just couldnt bounce out of it , Ill get it next time

Romanian Dealifts
    5x5 @75kg
    my fingers and thumb were in bits....I need to get straps

well first session was last night in the new building for limitless health. Its an absolutely stunning facility now and its huge! theyre were like 30 people there last night and it didnt feel cramped at all.

Anyway Id been out the night before and only gotten 3 hours sleep so while I dont expect sympathy I was running on fumes by the time I started lifting so I wasnt moving well for the session, still I got a pretty big squat PR

Also I got my first personalised program, Its pretty tough and is made up of lift complexes

Powersnatch fak +sots press +drop snatch
    (3+3+3)x4 @20kg(sots press limits me massively here)

powersnatch fak+squat snatch fbk+snatch
    42.5kg(1,1,1)
    47.5kg(1,1,1)
    50kg(1,1,1)
    52.5kg(1,1,1)
    57.5kg(0,1,1)
    missed 60kg completely

Power clean+clean+frontsquat+jerk
    56(1,1,1,1)
    60(1,1,1,1)
    65(1,1,1,1)
    67.5(0,1,1,1)
    72(missed)
    Really couldnt jerk for my life last night, they were so bad but It was just because I was so tired

Back squat
    77(5)
    82(5)
    88(5)
    93(3)
    100(2)
    Coach said we'd test my max then just to find out
    I did 105kg for one easy,
    Hit 110kg next easy aswell
    failed on 115kg, was very nearly out of my sticking point but just couldnt manage it

Bodyweight: 65kg

Really good session this morning,same session as last time except a good bit better

Power snatch,sots press,drop snatch
    (3,3,3)x4 @30kg
    PR on sots press!!

Power snatch fak,squat snatch,snatch
    (1,1,1,1)
    1x42kg,47kg,50kg,52kg,57kg
    snatch from floor @60kg
    Snatched really well today

Power clean,clean,front squat,jerk
    (1,1,1,1)
    1x56kg,60kg,68kg,72kg
    72kg is power clean PR by 5kg
    then 77kg(without power clean and missed jerk)
    Jerks werent going well again, the front squat in this complex just kills me for it

Back squat
    77kg x5
    83kg x5
    88kg x5
    93kg x3
    100kg x3
    105kg x2
    Back squats were easy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭ninamc

Well done :)

EmcD123 wrote: »
    well first session was last night in the new building for limitless health. Its an absolutely stunning facility now and its huge! theyre were like 30 people there last night and it didnt feel cramped at all.

Anyway Id been out the night before and only gotten 3 hours sleep so while I dont expect sympathy I was running on fumes by the time I started lifting so I wasnt moving well for the session, still I got a pretty big squat PR

Also I got my first personalised program, Its pretty tough and is made up of lift complexes

Powersnatch fak +sots press +drop snatch
    (3+3+3)x4 @20kg(sots press limits me massively here)

powersnatch fak+squat snatch fbk+snatch
    42.5kg(1,1,1)
    47.5kg(1,1,1)
    50kg(1,1,1)
    52.5kg(1,1,1)
    57.5kg(0,1,1)
    missed 60kg completely

Power clean+clean+frontsquat+jerk
    56(1,1,1,1)
    60(1,1,1,1)
    65(1,1,1,1)
    67.5(0,1,1,1)
    72(missed)
    Really couldnt jerk for my life last night, they were so bad but It was just because I was so tired

Back squat
    77(5)
    82(5)
    88(5)
    93(3)
    100(2)
    Coach said we'd test my max then just to find out
    I did 105kg for one easy,
    Hit 110kg next easy aswell
    failed on 115kg, was very nearly out of my sticking point but just couldnt manage it

Bodyweight: 65kg

ninamc wrote: »
    Well done :)

Thanks, it definitely wasnt easy

• Advertisement

Training tonight, got a new session for last night and saturday
    It was really tough, but I was tired, my jerks were really sluggish but I killed the squats!!

Hip snatch
    4x3 @40kg
    these were really hard. had my lifts recorded so as to analyse the lift, Im bring the bar way out in front of me and im jumping forward quite a lot so Im trying to fix that

Snatch high pull,snatch
    double @40 x3
    double @47
    double @50
    single @55kg
    single @57kg x3
    These werent too hard, I feel very strong up to and around 60kg on the snatch now,I just cant seem to get past that. same technical issues as with the hip snatch though but not quite as bad

Front squat,jerk
    double @56 x3
    double @60
    double @65
    single @70 x2
    Jerk were very sluggish and slow

Front squats
    80kgx5
    85kgx5
    90kg 4x3
    these flew up and down, I was expecting them to be really hard

Advertisement