Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building callouses and chasing goals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭EmcD123

A load of microhurdle drills today, felt crap doing them
    Then 6x30m sprints from blocks
    and 4x60m sprints from blocks,1 minute break between each
    The 60m sprints had to be done at race pace

One rep max night tonight!!! I was on fire!!
    Bodyweight :65.5kg with no shoes

Snatch: 57.5kg PR
    Clean and Jerk: 70kg PR
    Total: 127.5kg PR

The 70kg felt easy but i didnt want to push it too hard, missed 57.5 twice but dropped the weight ,built back up again and then nailed it
    All the jerks were split jerks and from now on unless stated all the jerks will be split ones
    Also snatch pulls 4x3 @62.5kg

Night at the track again,wasnt the best session but it was far from the worst.
    10x150m sprints
    The last 2 days have had a lot of inactivity switting down studying and i havent been eating right,so i wasnt feeling particularly good tonight but I got through it in the end

So I keep forgetting to post this video ,It is me deadlift my PR 110kg ,its from last thursday in the warehouse.Just to prove i can lift it lol

It always amazing me how something looks so much easier when youre
    watching it back

• Registered Users Posts: 24,577 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

You should try doing it shoeless or with flat soles.

You should also try trimming your videos ;)

• Advertisement

You should try doing it shoeless or with flat soles.

You should also try trimming your videos ;)

haha I upload from my phone and generally dont ever put them on the computer so I havent actually bothered trimming them yet. Will do it in the future.
    I kept the shoes on that time to see what it would feel like, usually im weraing flat shoes

Went on the bike today instead of going run,had a few niggles on wednesday and didnt want the impact tonight
    so 45km at 24.5km/hr
    Heres the strava link
    https://www.strava.com/activities/287249583

An awesome session was had this morning at the track.
    6x30m from blocks
    6x60m from blocks
    Took out my racing spikes and get them my all,felt really good and the weather was lovely

Absolutely **** day at the gym today, The lifts just werent going up and I didnt get anywhere close to my maxes particularly on the snatch.
    squats were the only good thing to come from today

Snatch
    Only managed to get up to 52.5kg after missing it a load of time then got 52.5 really ugly and didnt have a hope of getting 55
    Clean and jerk
    got stuck at 62.5 for ages but stripped the bar completely and started again and made it up to 67.5kg
    Squats
    After all the failed attempts and stuff fatigue had really set in,my legs were wobbly and shook before i'd even started squatting so i wasnt expecting much, kept adding 5kg to the bar each time for 3 reps
    so max was 90kg for 3 reps PR

Completely forgot to log last nights session.
    4x200m sprints.
    Done almost flat out and with a pretty big break between each to allow for that
    Might have pushed a little too hard though.

• Advertisement

Not quite sure about how i feel about tonights session.
    I snatched well,clean and jerk was good but i didnt manage to hit my max and then i did overhead split squats which I definitely think seem benificial
    Snatch
    double up to 45kg
    Did a load at 30kg to try fix my first pull and setup to stop me scraping my shin
    then Did singles at 50,52.5,55kg missed 57.5 dropped to 50 then built back up again
    Final max:57.5kg
    Clean and jerk
    doubles up to 55kg
    Then went to 60 then 65 then attempted 70,missed 70 twice
    Final max:65kg
    Dissappointed with clean and jerk,should have went for 67.5 before 70
    Overhead split squat
    3x5 @40kg
    2x5@45kg
    1x5@50kg
    1x5 @55kg
    1x3 @57.5kg

Another session at limitless this morning,preparing for the connacht open .
    had a brilliant session today,felt really good and strong and made a load of PR's
    Front squats
    Did these first
    50x3
    60x3
    70x3
    80x3
    90x3
    95x3
    100xfail
    so with a triple on 95kg that was a 15kg PR on my previous triple max and 5kg on my one rep max. If i hadnt done a triple at 95 then i probably could have managed a 100kg squat
    Power snatch
    Never done these before so didnt have high hopes
    I worked up to 52.5kgx2
    Missed 55kg forward
    Power clean and Power jerk
    Worked up singles to 62.5kg
    Then got 65kg on the second attempt,which is a 2.5kg PR
    Missed 67.,5kg but got the power clean which is a 5kg power clean PR

My bodyweight is still stuck at 65kg arrrgh!!!:mad:
    But my strength is still going up so i cant really complain

Track session this morning,
    Load of hurdle drills for plyo first
    Afterwards sprints from Blocks
    2x3 60m
    1x2 100m
    1x1 100m

Probably the last gym session before the connacht open this weekend.
    We had a mock competition tonight where we had 3 snatch attempts and 1 clean and jerk attempt at our openers.

I got all 4 attempts no bother but the nerves were high, Its completely different when you need to make the lift to when youre training normally...
    Bodyweight: 65.4kg
    Snatch
    1st lift: 47.5kg
    2nd lift: 52.5kg
    3rd lift: 55kg

Clean and Jerk
    1st lift: 62.5kg
    Total: 117.5kg
    No PR's or anything,but the snatches were only 2.5kg off my max,all the lifts were solid, my jerk still needs a load of work though but other than that I just have to keep lifting and let the numbers gradually increase.
    Im absolutely buzzing for saturday

Last prep session was tonight.
    Just warming up and getting the muscles working,
    Worked up to my snatch opener 50kg and hit it twice
    Then worked up to just below my clean and jerk opener 62.5kg
    Then some 40kg snatch pulls
    Im totally hyped for tomorrow,i cant wait!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,577 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Enjoy the day but just be careful you don't expend too much energy through excitement on the day that you might need on the platform.

But...enjoy it and best of luck with it :)

Enjoy the day but just be careful you don't expend too much energy through excitement on the day that you might need on the platform.

But...enjoy it and best of luck with it :)

That could easily happen because im not on till pretty late on in the day,still im feeling good,thanks for the luck

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

oh good luck!

This was probably the best day of my life so far!!
    Went 6/6 ,and got a 2kg PR in both lifts.

Weighed in @64.4kg

Snatch
    1st lift : 50kg
    2nd lift: 55kg
    3rd lift :60kg PR
    Absolutely smashed them!! I came off the 55kg and was just like give me 60 and Then it flew up too

Clean and jerk
    1st lift: 62kg
    2nd lift: 68kg
    3rd lift: 72kg PR
    These were easy too,kevin made sure I didnt kill myself out in the warmup and i worked on splitting as far as i could with my front foot, and it worked.
    The clean for the 72kg was absolutely beautiful!

Total: 132kg PR
    Videos coming soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Didn't see you there!! You were probably in the group after me!

• Advertisement

gymfreak wrote: »
    Didn't see you there!! You were probably in the group after me!

I was the second lifter in the third group.

The videos have arrived!!! all the lifts looked easy in them but i have the most dreadful facial expression....oh well i guess you cant have everything

snatch
    This is 60kg

Clean and Jerk
    This is 72kg

So walked into the gym feeling all super confident after the weekend, looked at the program for tonight and I just felt crushed, didnt even know what some of the stuff was but I worked in with another lad and ended up having a pretty good session but it was seriously hard.

Muscle snatch + Overhead squat
    (5 + 5) x5 sets @40kg
    It nearly destroyed me.....like no exaggeration

Backsquat thrusters
    1x10 @40kg
    3x8 @40kg
    Damn....what can i say ,my pushing strength is nothing short of nonexistant

Romanian Deadlifts
    2x8 @60kg
    3x8 @70kg
    First set nearly killed my thumbs so I borrowed a pair of straps for the others and then they were grand, never been good at any kind of deadlifts but Im improving

Dead hang pullups
    1x4
    1x0 ...... :o
    so added a band to help and then
    2x4
    session was supposed to be 3x10 lol!! but not a chance of that happening

Awesome track session tonight even though I wasnt feeeling the best, a combination of the fatigue from the comp and that ridiculously hard monday session have killed me out.

5x 200m and done hard, they were supposed to be done to almost flat out.

First 3 were good, started feeling sick after that but after a break I managed to get though two more before i had to call it quits, still my technique and speed was pretty good and im starting to use my strength properly

Exams are almost finished aswell

Savage track session tonight, been training a lot lately against a lad whos much faster than me and it really making me improve quickly,learnt what my true limit was tonight

1x4 120m
    2x3 120m
    Absolutely flat out! by the end I was seeing double,pretty faint and really didnt feel well, Im just glad i didnt eat before i went training....
    Cant wait for the next session:cool:

Finished my last exam today so now im a free man till september

Had a mixed session tonight in the gym,some parts good,other parts not so much

Snatch
    5 doubles @50kg
    Clean and jerk
    clean and 2 jerks
    5 @40kg
    5 @50kg
    2 @55kg
    clean and jerk
    2 x 60kg
    1x65kg
    1x 70kg fail

clean and jerks felt heavy and werent going well but the snatches were great so i didnt mind

Back squats
    1x3 @60kg,70kg,80kg
    1x3 @90kg
    2x1 @100kg PR
    Could have got a double at 100 on the first set but rereacked the bar after one rep by accident. The next time i was too tired to finish the second rep

Totally burned out today,couldnt do anything after exams were over and last nights party ,ended up sleeping like all day today.

But I signed up for a 200m and 400m race for the 23rd may so ya....lol havent run 400m in 2 years

lovely session this morning as part of my new program i put together which is still in the works im going to use the first maybe 2 weeks to try and figure it all out, going to use the summer to work on my biggest problem areas. Biggest one overall is my mobility/flexibility and then in strength terms my pulling strength and my pressing strength in particular

so started up some calming music and did a ton of foam rolling trying to find the tightest spots, my quads and the muscle on the inside of my knee
    Then went through a mobility flow that Id been shown back when i was doing tai chi,followed by some static stretching. trying to keep under the tension as long as i could but not pushing too hard,i want to build into the stretches as the sessions progress.

Then static holds
    3x inchworm walkouts and holding at the farthest point for as long as i can
    3x pushup and roll forward onto toes,hands pointed back
    3x hollow body hold
    3x hollow body arch

then some walks across the landing
    3x bear walk
    3x forg walk
    Feel really good after this session, took almost exactly an hour to do and id like to try do it everyday

Same session again as yesterday,adding a few moves here and there ,left a few out but am already feeling a little looser just after 2 sessions.

Will be on antibiotics for the next 7 days so probably wont be much intense training during that time,but am hoping to keep up this stretching stuff

• Advertisement

ring work this morning

5 support holds
    5 support hold tucks trying to transition into L
    pullups 2x5,2x3
    chest flys 5x6

not too hard,much better than i expected to be at it,got caught in a heavy shower of rain though

Advertisement