Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welfare Wednesday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    I'm glad I'm not your boss because you don't have a very professional attitude if you think going out for a "few jars" on a weeknight is acceptable.

Ah that's going a bit far. A few jars is just a few and the boss should concentrate instead on the smoker and the coffee addict who takes breaks all day.

A few drinks on a weeknight does no harm unless you work for Aircoach and are needed for the 5am. And even then you'll be under the limit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭66ad

I'd step in to help any family or friend who's in trouble.

Thank you.

Didn't you once say, That you would rat out your own brother if he was on the dole, and done a day cash in hand.

I don't think anyone would go to you for help...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

auldgranny wrote: »
    Not all people on dole are wasters.

true .. but its the wasters forever on the dole people are pissed off with and this place will be full of them on wednesdays and i bet none of them worrying about getting up for work the next day. The only way they can empty the place as closing time is to shout '' is anybody interested in a bit of work '', i'd say there would be some scatter on em then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

There are some workers protesting, because not everyone works mon-fri jobs. I haven't protested, but I know a few working people who have. Most of them get their days off mid-week, same as I do.

The majority are unemploymed, though.

100% agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Godspeed you, Blacker.

Not only a clever publicity stunt but also the added bonus of winding up so many halfwits on the Internet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Pub told to remove logo from its poster...

www.rte.ie/news/2015/0105/670545-social-welfare/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

If you work do you have to pay full price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Ah the Blacker, the very spot my ex got glassed in the face for standing on someone toe. Lovely aul spot!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 423 ✭✭The Bould Rabbit

If you work do you have to pay full price?

Nah. Its only a publicity stunt.

It seems to be working too - Unlike the clientele there by all accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭john.han

Ironically enough, people spending social welfare in the pub is a very efficient way of giving the money back to the taxpayer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Ironically enough, people spending social welfare in the pub is a very efficient way of giving the money back to the taxpayer.
    Cutting it would be an even more efficient way! I believe in a welfare state, but not the one we have arrived at from Bertie buying off the electorate election after election with exchequer returns based on a ridiculously overheated property market... Yet that is the legacy we are left with. Its a disgrace and when FG come knocking looking for my vote, they will know all about it. They have done nothing to reform anything, they were the main party in government and had a mandate for change, if this is the result of chomping at the bit for years to get into power at a time for crisis when they could have actually effected change, I give up!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Is this held along with micky money Tuesday..Kinda like a two for the price of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Cutting it would be an even more efficient way! I believe in a welfare state, but not the one we have arrived at from Bertie buying off the electorate election after election with exchequer returns based on a ridiculously overheated property market... Yet that is the legacy we are left with. Its a disgrace and when FG come knocking looking for my vote, they will know all about it. They have done nothing to reform anything, they were the main party in government and had a mandate for change, if this is the result of chomping at the bit for years to get into power at a time for crisis when they could have actually effected change, I give up!
    In this country getting one up over the government is seen as admirable, imo it's a cultural quirk left over from British rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Many wouldnt agree Iwasfrozen, they reckon the taxpayer should be paying for them to live the same standard, as well... Taxpayers! The Iphone, nights out, subscription tv... Thats Irish austerity 2015...

One amounts to a few 000,000 one amounts to €21,000,000,000...

This is the same place that has Welfare Wednesday, I standby my original statement, there may be a few exceptions alright, I am sure doctors, lawyers etc are amongst them in that kind of a place...

Oh give over lol. So only doctors and lawyers are entitled to a night out?
    Also, so what if "professionals" such as that wouldnt drink in a place like the blacker?
    Although you never know, I've know a few degenerate professionals who outrank your precious doctor and lawyer examples that even the working classes would balk at keeping company with ;)
    Utter snobbery.
    Murt10 wrote: »
    Seen the ad on Hope your OK facebook page.

Apparently she's heading off there from Finglas

"ah brillyunt. welfare wednesdays! dey shud call it mickey money wednesdays ha ha. i no were im goin on dis week 4 a phew drinks. i need 2 go der wit tiffo an whitto 4 a girlo nite out. its only up de road we can get a taxi from de village! "

https://www.facebook.com/hopeurokhun

High class bird girl that!

Not safe for work
    Does she speak any english at all?

Dem foreigners, eh?

Eh lads, you do know that's a send up page(some folks still have a sense oh humour)? :rolleyes::D
    anncoates wrote: »
    Godspeed you, Blacker.

Not only a clever publicity stunt but also the added bonus of winding up so many halfwits on the Internet.

I love the fact the blacker is trolling :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭66ad

In this country getting one up over the government is seen as admirable, imo it's a cultural quirk left over from British rule.

Will you go away out of that.Your opinion means feck all to noone but you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

Who the **** drinks pints of Coors? Even at €3 that sounds overpriced.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

Next thing they will have Medical Card Monday.

Anybody who needs treatment for depression will be able to claim a few pints on their Medical Card;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Murt10

Smidge wrote: »

Eh lads, you do know that's a send up page(some folks still have a sense oh humour)? :rolleyes::D

Well fancy that, and there was me thinking I was on to a gud thing tonight. I was even thinking of bringing Hopeyour OK Hun home to meet my Mother.

Bugger that! She's not a real woman after all, and she sounds so nice

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

He's my hero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

http://www.joe.ie/news/pic-the-dublin-pub-behind-welfare-wednesday-have-clarified-the-promotion-and-had-a-dig-at-joan-burton-too/480470

Press Release from Liz Delaney - seems like a smokescreen (with a dig at Joan Burton for good measure).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Def a dig at Joan :D

Its on the TV3 news now.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Mr E wrote: »
    http://www.joe.ie/news/pic-the-dublin-pub-behind-welfare-wednesday-have-clarified-the-promotion-and-had-a-dig-at-joan-burton-too/480470

Press Release from Liz Delaney - seems like a smokescreen (with a dig at Joan Burton for good measure).

They done it for community spirit .

My ass it's all its all about profit before people for publicans and always will be .

What's next a lone parents insemination night to help women get more children's allowance .

Jump up on the counter there love it will only last a minute come back in 9 months and we'll stamp your loyalty card

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Imagine every week you give money a waster to buy a hot dinner, you think you're doing good but you later find out that waster is spending your money not on a hot dinner but buying drink in the local.

You do what any normal person would do and cut the waster off but now imagine a man with a gun comes to your house and forces you to give money to the waster regardless of what the waster decides to do with it. You may feel a bit miffed to say the least.

Why do you only look at the bad side of the dole? For every pint drunk, there are ten children going to bed with full stomachs. There are mothers who didn't have to see Deco the moneylender over Christmas. There's someone who could pay a therapist rather than wait months and months for the free one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Welcome to the RoI 2015. A waster like that is celebrated whilst a business person, who has paid millions in tax and created hundreds of jobs directly and indirectly is classified as some sort of villain.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Who the **** drinks pints of Coors? Even at €3 that sounds overpriced.

overweight ladies

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

goose2005 wrote: »
    Why do you only look at the bad side of the dole? For every pint drunk, there are ten children going to bed with full stomachs. There are mothers who didn't have to see Deco the moneylender over Christmas. There's someone who could pay a therapist rather than wait months and months for the free one.
    All of that is true but how many children are going to bed with empty stomachs because their "parents" are pissing the money up against a wall?

Promotions like this that actively target the disaffected and encourage them to drink are making a bad situation worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

That's dreadful! :mad:

Coors is piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

Berserker wrote: »
    Welcome to the RoI 2015. A waster like that is celebrated whilst a business person, who has paid millions in tax and created hundreds of jobs directly and indirectly is classified as some sort of villain.

Such as.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Mr E wrote: »

Publican has a go at supermarkets

Yawn, so predicatable

Advertisement