Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welfare Wednesday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Welfare Wednesday.

(Can Mod change post title?)

Edit->Go Advanced->Title?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Hmmm, announce a cheap drink deal a week after a video of a girl getting rode out the back pops up on Facebook.

The place may be a ****hole, but they know their clientele.

he he he
    Getting rode out the back pops

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Welfare Wednesday"

Nice...
    A perfect way to spend yer sponds.
    I don't know if I am sad or angry.
    WW.jpg

(Can someone insert the pic?)

LOL discount drink on presentation of a bus pass or social welfare card on the free money they already get! I would love to see a pub in D.4 running a promotion of reduced prices for those with a pay slip.

Izzz a bleeedin disgrace Aiiiidrian, I cant even afford a few nightz out a week after I bought me I phone 6... Its all da bankers, bondholders, Labours faultz... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 38 KevinMunster12

"Welfare Wednesday"

Nice...
    A perfect way to spend yer sponds.
    I don't know if I am sad or angry.
    WW.jpg

(Can someone insert the pic?)

why do you care how other people spend their money??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 423 ✭✭The Bould Rabbit

.............Plus genuine cases of people who have a family and fallen on hard times should get more out of the wasters portion. (waster being someone able bodied who has been on the dole for over 7 years and I know a few)

YEARS ???

• Advertisement

no doubt the Wednesday Welfare attendees are NO WAY WE WONT PAY brigade! Dont worry anything "You" pay is done with someone else's hard earned tax, you arent really paying...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Idbatterim wrote: »
    no doubt the Wednesday Welfare attendees are NO WAY WE WONT PAY brigade! Dont worry anything "You" pay is done with someone else hard earner tax, you arent really paying...

I'm sorry to disappoint you but most of the "No way we wont pay brigade" are hard working Irish citizens.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

I'm sorry to disappoint you but most of the "No way we wont pay brigade" are hard working Irish citizens.:rolleyes:

Who have been lucky enough to be given time off work to protest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

no doubt the Wednesday Welfare attendees are NO WAY WE WONT PAY brigade! Dont worry anything "You" pay is done with someone else hard earner tax, you arent really paying...

Tbh, most of the people who avail of drink offers in the Blacker are 18-22 year olds getting locked. Not the 'we won't pay' brigade, they aren't property owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

You have verifiable statistics to back this up?

• Advertisement

Who have been lucky enough to be given time off work to protest.

There are some workers protesting, because not everyone works mon-fri jobs. I haven't protested, but I know a few working people who have. Most of them get their days off mid-week, same as I do.

The majority are unemploymed, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Mary Mitchell will have a conniption if she see this.

VinLieger wrote: »
    You have verifiable statistics to back this up?

No stats as such as there are no verifiable figures knocking about. I dont think there has been a poll done on the protest group. Just from marching and talking with my fellow citizens in October and November the majority are decent hard working people. People from all walks of life.

The last protest was a disappointment because the organisers had it on a Wednesday and most people were working but still a decent turnout none the less. A group of us left the office to attend for an hour. Obviously your going to get the small group of scroungers in every protest groups like the morons that blocked the bridge. Anyway we will see how successful IW is come April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

A long neck bacon, tomato and lettuce sandwich for only €3.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,038 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Still a bit pricey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

The 188 club is still the best name.

I preferred when it was the 204 club

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Mary Mitchell will have a conniption if she see this.

Ah it's not her constituency so she won't care

You beat me to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,063 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It bothers me that they are using the welfare logo on their poster...I mean, copyright and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Someone should care!I hope someone takes it up.
    This is appalling. It's an encouragement to waste the states money and an insult to people on social welfare too really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

i would think most taxpayers would be interested in knowing with taxpayer money is being spent.

No stats as such as there are no verifiable figures knocking about. I dont think there has been a poll done on the protest group. Just from marching and talking with my fellow citizens in October and November the majority are decent hard working people. People from all walks of life.
    If they are working, IW is what they take issue with? LOL the theft rate of 51% over a massive E33,800 is ok? The scandalous rate of childcare for working parents?

Someone should care!I hope someone takes it up.
    This is appalling. It's an encouragement to waste the states money and an insult to people on social welfare too really.

What about the omni cinema in santry? They offer 5 euro tickets on Tuesday on presentation of a recent social welfare payment receipt. Is that a disgrace too?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

looksee wrote: »
    It bothers me that they are using the welfare logo on their poster...I mean, copyright and stuff.

That's the only thing I see wrong with it, the government should otherwise encourage it, gives them the dole money back in taxes from the drinks.

If they are working, IW is what they take issue with? LOL the theft rate of 51% over a massive E33,800 is ok? The scandalous rate of childcare for working parents?

The scandalous rate of various living costs is what I take issue with. I am with you on that one. These protests are about far more than water. The working people are squeezed. IW was the breaking point. I'm not going to derail further.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

You'll find that a lot of the objections were due to the fact that our water system was already being paid for out of that 51%.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Here's another flyer from the same spot.

I wonder what you need for F**K MONDAYS?

I wonder what you need for F**K MONDAYS?
    A condom or to have never prepared a CV at a guess...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

North side

'Nuff said

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

A condom or to have never prepared a CV at a guess...

Not everyone works Mon-Fri.
    There are people whose weekend is Sunday and Monday so it would make sense their night out would be Sunday.
    But carry on......

Advertisement