Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 brides!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Congrats to all the newly weds:)

ShaShaBear that absolutely sucks... Im sure theyll come to regret it but thats not much good to you at the moment. If you down BM & Best man, could you not just leave it at that, upgrade Groomsmen to best man or did you only have 1? How did the meeting do?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Congrats to all the newly weds:)

ShaShaBear that absolutely sucks... Im sure theyll come to regret it but thats not much good to you at the moment. If you down BM & Best man, could you not just leave it at that, upgrade Groomsmen to best man or did you only have 1? How did the meeting do?

I've unfortunately invested quite a bit in a second wedding party member either side. Replacing them is easy although not what I wanted at the same time. The meeting was a disaster although some true colours were shown and we both feel better for knowing the truth! The wedding is permanently marred so we will just have to mozy on and make the most of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I am a married old lady now :) congrats to you all this past week, we picked a popular week it seems :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Last hour in work folks :)
    Wedding is saturday and then off on honeymoon on Tuesday! Still can't get onto the site on my phone or ipad so best of luck to everyone getting married over the next few weeks. Will be back online with updates on 5th September :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Allers

Best of luck Dovies!! Hope you have a fabulous day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Dovies wrote: »
    Last hour in work folks :)
    Wedding is saturday and then off on honeymoon on Tuesday! Still can't get onto the site on my phone or ipad so best of luck to everyone getting married over the next few weeks. Will be back online with updates on 5th September :)

Have a fab day Dovies, will be dying to see a pic if you want to share one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

Best of luck Dovies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 The_Stranger

Well the deed is done! :D We had an amazing day...a few hiccups but overall it went great. Just back from honeymoon which was also fabulous. Hubby had arranged it and he really went all out for it. I was in heaven! It's hard coming back to reality now.

Congrats to all the other brides over the last couple of weeks. Hope you all had a fab day. :)

Congrats!! Where did you go on honeymoon? We still have nothing booked!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 The_Stranger

Congrats!! Where did you go on honeymoon? We still have nothing booked!

Gran Canaria, stayed in an adult only all inclusive hotel called Suite Princess. It was a little piece of heaven! :)

• Advertisement

This time next week ill be married aaaahhhhh!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Got married there on saturday, day went great! Thank a mil for all the support this thread!

Best of luck with all the upcoming brides!!

Last minute stress and madness. Is it Friday yet?? Picked up my dress and bridesmaids dresses today.
    Can't wait to just be down at the hotel tomorrow and chill. Lots of running around today.

andreac wrote: »
    Last minute stress and madness. Is it Friday yet?? Picked up my dress and bridesmaids dresses today.
    Can't wait to just be down at the hotel tomorrow and chill. Lots of running around today.

All the best for your day! It's like a marker to remind me that mine's creeping up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

andreac wrote: »

Enjoy every minute of the chill time and have a wonderful wedding day. All the stress and madness will be worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

GingerLily wrote: »
    Can you not just be one short? Wedding parties are often uneven these days, no one will bat an eyelid.

I hope the bestman sees sense, god, weddings really do bring out the worst in people.

I don't know why it happens but weddings really do make people crazy! My BM was giving out about the dresses i got them, and the price of them (as in they were cheap).. they weren't cheap I was getting them on sale, and I asked their opinion before I ordered them and she said nowt! Just because she was okay with spending 200e on BM dresses, doesn't mean I am! If I was BM I'd wear a black bag if the bride so wished, its the bride's day! (they ended going back anyways as they stunk when I got them, and they were very small fitting! rage! cos I loved them!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

It's my hen weekend this weekend and I can't wrap my mind around the fact that I am having a hen. I know I've been planning a wedding for the past 18 months but this feels a bit surreal, yknow?!

I've had two fittings for my dress so far, and with my shoes (which I got on sale for only €30!) it doesn't need to be shortened at all, but I somehow, without meaning to, lost weight (mostly in my bust) in the two week gap between fitting 1 and fitting 2 so it has to be taken in a small bit more. Oops!

Wedding ring arrived and I collected it today, I'm completely in love with it. My engagement ring looks so dull beside it and desperately needs a clean before the big day :lol:

Still trying to find another reading for the ceremony, but seem to be coming across the same ones over and over. Time to maybe turn to my bookcase to find something suitable.

mcgiggles wrote: »
    I don't know why it happens but weddings really do make people crazy!

I sincerely hope none of you experience the kind of crazy I've had to deal with over the past 6 weeks! :eek:

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I sincerely hope none of you experience the kind of crazy I've had to deal with over the past 6 weeks! :eek:

Spoke too soon. Just found out 16 guests on my OH's side have cancelled their rooms in the hotel and we've not received any contact from any of them. So considerate :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Spoke too soon. Just found out 16 guests on my OH's side have cancelled their rooms in the hotel and we've not received any contact from any of them. So considerate :rolleyes:

Oh no, is this all part of the drama with your OH's immeadiate family or are they just inconsiderate for their own reasons?

Hope the hotel can't penalize you for this, can they?

• Advertisement

Oh no, is this all part of the drama with your OH's immeadiate family or are they just inconsiderate for their own reasons?

Hope the hotel can't penalize you for this, can they?

Luckily the hotel don't require my final number yet, so I won't be financially penalised. But it's going to look quite dreary :(

Big day finally over! Was absolutely fantastic after all and we really enjoyed ourselves. But bejaysis I won't be doing it again in a hurry!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

Big day finally over! Was absolutely fantastic after all and we really enjoyed ourselves. But bejaysis I won't be doing it again in a hurry!

Delighted you enjoyed your day ShaShaBear! (Or should I say Mrs ShaShaBear!) :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I really worried about you :o. I'm so glad it went well!!

Faith wrote: »
    I really worried about you :o. I'm so glad it went well!!

You and me both! :D
    First civil wedding in my family and people were astounded at how personal it was. The registrar was extremely nice and the whole ceremony was full of laughter :P A lot of very sore heads the next day and we got a telling off for running a conga line through the hotel lobby at 2am :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

You and me both! :D
    First civil wedding in my family and people were astounded at how personal it was. The registrar was extremely nice and the whole ceremony was full of laughter :P A lot of very sore heads the next day and we got a telling off for running a conga line through the hotel lobby at 2am :pac:

Delighted that it went well for you, you really deserved it after the stress you had running up to the big day !!

Congrats ShaShaBear, delighted you enjoyed your big day in the end!!

Is there many left to get wed?? Im November 4th!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

Congrats ShaSha bear. Glad it went OK.

I'm the 12 November shortstuff. It's fast approaching!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

29 days to go for us, eeeeeekkkkk!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

I'm so excited for you girls getting married this year :D I feel like mine is a million years away! (Christmas 2017 - following the 2016 thread cos I'm a nosebag plain and simple hahahaha :D)

Advertisement