Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BDO 2015 World Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 GSXR_GUY

munster87 wrote: »
    BT Sports 2

Cheers....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Fair enough!

still though it is a fairly good game hitting some scores

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭92cooper

GSXR_GUY wrote: »
    What channel are ye watching this on?

BT Sports 2 here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

mightyreds wrote: »
    no the first commentator said the best the lakeside had ever seen and the second followed it up by saying just could be the greatest game ever!

Well, when Vassos is one of those commentators... :o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭munster87

23rd maximum of the match, good going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Never knows he's beaten Adams

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Incredible game!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

get in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Come on durrant!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭crasy dash

This is great for the Bdo this game

• Advertisement

Hooray!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

(I'm sorry, I am a Wolfie fan... :o:o:o:D:);))

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

unlucky for Durrant. Some match. he can hold his head high.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭munster87

All talk about these lads moving to the PDC next year. Haven't seen any of them perform as well as Adams did there tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Gutted for Durrant.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Gutted for Durrant. I can't stand Adams.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I wanted Durrant to win but you got to hand it to Wolfie, some throwing under pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Hooray!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

(I'm sorry, I am a Wolfie fan... :o:o:o:D:);))

Fair play to him, looked unlikely from behind in those last 2 sets. Won 5 of the last 6 legs in the end. Will be hard to beat now id say.

Devastator must be devastated ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Poor old Durrant, you really have to feel for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Well done Wolfie, you showed bottle. Durrant played great just missed the final dart. All it needed was that 9 darter.
    Hope it's a great final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I wonder will Adams accept his PDC tour card this year :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

Stunning darts match and the greatest win of Wolfie's career. The PDC fans can say what they want but Lakeside has always been and remains a magnificent tournament, and I agree with Ted Hankey that that was the best match ever on that stage, and I've been watching since 1989. It had everything.

It backs up what I said earlier about the standard at this year's Lakeside being the best for a number of years, after that I'd say it's the best I've seen and if the final is anything like that there will be no doubt of that.

Stunning darts match and the greatest win of Wolfie's career. The PDC fans can say what they want but Lakeside has always been and remains a magnificent tournament, and I agree with Ted Hankey that that was the best match ever on that stage, and I've been watching since 1989. It had everything.

It backs up what I said earlier about the standard at this year's Lakeside being the best for a number of years, after that I'd say it's the best I've seen and if the final is anything like that there will be no doubt of that.

The commentary isn't magnificent, though... :(:(:o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Great match, good scoring from both and good checkout rate with both players getting ton plusers, Durrant I think got 133 & 139 in next leg? :eek: I didn't want to see wolfie win but it gives me an incentive to cheer on Mitchell tomorrow.
    Everything I've said has been bang on the mark. Are you watching it? Both players averaging over 101 after seven sets of the very highest quality.

So neither player finished the match with a 100+ average, to keep the total number at this years BDO world champions at zero. I've watched quite a lot and been commenting in this thread throughout. I'm not knocking the BDO but your talking out your hoop with what you've said :D its been entertaining, pity its the final tomorrow :p
    I wonder will Adams accept his PDC tour card this year :pac:

Didn't they say few years ago it was pointless even offering it to him & just stopped his? I could swear I read that anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Devastator wrote: »
    Didn't they say few years ago it was pointless even offering it to him & just stopped his? I could swear I read that anyway!

Wasn't aware of that, I'd send him one every year anyway regardless of where he finished, just to wind his miserable head up.

I'm not knocking the BDO but your talking out your hoop with what you've said
    Yet you haven't been able to point out anything I've said where I was "talking out my hoop".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Great match, good scoring from both and good checkout rate with both players getting ton plusers, Durrant I think got 133 & 139 in next leg? :eek: I didn't want to see wolfie win but it gives me an incentive to cheer on Mitchell tomorrow.

So neither player finished the match with a 100+ average, to keep the total number at this years BDO world champions at zero. I've watched quite a lot and been commenting in this thread throughout. I'm not knocking the BDO but your talking out your hoop with what you've said :D its been entertaining, pity its the final tomorrow :p

I think it was an invitation to part take in GSOD held in November, and they stopped inviting him because he kept refusing.

Have to say as a person I'd much rather be in the company of Adams over Taylor, as a darts player well it would be a different story.

To reply to the avgs there was 19 100+ in pdc in 71 matches. So 2 players per match = 19*100/142 = 13.38%. Taylor been the daddy getting 100+ in all his matches.

38 matches so far in BDO mens and no 100+.
    1 in 2014 Stephen Bunting
    1 in 2008 Daryl Fitton
    1 in 2007 Martin Adams
    1 in 2005 Raymond Van Barneveld
    I not going back any further, but ya it does show a big gulf in the averages in fairness even though BDO has been entertaining this year.

Yet you haven't been able to point out anything I've said where I was "talking out my hoop".

Well, it does have to be said that you don't seem to be criticising any aspect of this championship at all - the standards, the players, even the commentators... :o:)

Well, it does have to be said that you don't seem to be criticising any aspect of this championship at all - the standards, the players, even the commentators... :o:)
    And why exactly should I be criticising it after the greatest match that's ever been played in the competition and a superb tournament overall?

Plenty of other people around to criticise if they so desire.

I've thoroughly enjoyed it and make no apology for doing so.

And why exactly should I be criticising it after the greatest match that's ever been played in the competition and a superb tournament overall?

Plenty of other people around to criticise if they so desire.

I've thoroughly enjoyed it and make no apology for doing so.

What about the commentary, then? It certainly hasn't been perfect... :o:o;)

• Advertisement

What about the commentary, then? It certainly hasn't been perfect... :o:o;)
    The standard of darts commentary across the board has gone down since the days of Green (before his health problems), Waddell, Gwynne and Lanning etc, but that's not a problem unique to the BDO.

Croft and Part are probably the best at the moment (and they cut their teeth on BBC) but I'd certainly take Vassos Alexander, Jim Proudfoot and John Rawlings over most of Sky's commentators.

Ted Hankey on BT is probably the best analyst currently around.

Advertisement