Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prince Andrew in jep?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,060 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

To be fair, "the most normal of the Royals" is a pretty low bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I think her case is deeper than just where they had sex. She was trafficked as a minor from the US to the UK in violation of American law, the offense began on a private jet that departed American soil so therefore Andrew is liable for it. Laws can (and do) stretch across borders, only this afternoon the RTE paedo Kieran Creavan got convicted of sexually abusing children in the Philipinnes.

Epstein and Ghsilaine Maxwell are liable also. With Maxwell Id imagine that Virginia Giuffre is waiting for the FBI to convict her first and then she will launch a civil suit in New York against her too. Virginia Giuffre can sit back and let the FBI do the work for her as its a criminal trial which has a higher burdern of proof than a civil one. Once Maxwell is convicted that then makes a civil trial against her a lot easier as all the heavy lifting will be already done by the FBI and the prosecutors.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭dogbert27

But she's also accused Senator Robert Mitchell, Rick Hilton, some married couple called the Dubin's all, like Andrew who deny it but she's only following through on going after Andrew when on US soil she should have more of a case against the above accused.

She also said initially that Maxwell approached her when she was 15 but later, when it came to giving testimony admitted she was 17.

Her dad said he regretted leaving her at Epstein's house in an interview but never really condemned Epstein or Maxwell, instead doubling down on Andrew.

With all that allegedly happened to her while with Epstein and Maxwell with many rich and powerful people as she claims, including giving Simpsons creator Matt Groening a foot massage, I just find it strange she is only targeting Andrew who is in a different country and makes this thing harder then going after the people she has accused above.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

Someone once said ''Let's see them deny it''. Having watched his interview and his body language, in my opinion, Guilty as Fcuk and he wont be going anywhere near USA in the future because he would be lifted like a light and he knows it, Wanker.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 In Actuality

• Advertisement

Its all depends on what her lawyers think they can prove, there is no point in them taking cases if they have no evidence to work with.

With Andrew they have photographic evidence so he cant deny he never met her all those years ago. Epsteins private jet pilot also testified in the Maxwell trial that he saw Virginia in the private jet as well. So the lawyers have witness testimony that she was trafficked to London and photographic evidence that she met Andrew and evidence of affection with his arm around her. Id imagine thats a lot more than they have in the other cases otherwise they would be taking them, lawyers arent going to refuse a big payday if its on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Andy always had a reputation as a lady's man and he was friends with Epstein even after he was convicted of sexual offences with under 18 girls this is very strange behavior for a royal son of a queen who was in the public eye

his interview in the bbc was a disaster which showed him to be an arrogant idiot

Some rich famous people do strange things as they consider themselves above the law that might apply to common people.

Or they are surrounded by hangers on yes men, they assume they can have anything they want and that includes having casual sex with women

It's hard to think that Andrew spent so much time with Epstein and did not notice all the young girls who were visiting the mansion alot of them were obviously under the age of 18. I read an interview with a celeb from the 90s and he said if you were a rich famous man you assumed you could have sex with any woman you happened to meet if you wanted to

Well he is definitely in jeopardy now, his attempts to stop the trial proceeding have failed "in all respects" according to Judge Kaplan.

This is going to be an absolute circus in the Queens Platinum Jubilee year

Prince Andrew is to face a civil case in the US over allegations he sexually assaulted a woman when she was 17.

Virginia Giuffre is suing the prince, claiming he abused her in 2001. His lawyers said the case should be thrown out, citing a 2009 deal she signed with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

But a New York judge ruled that the case could be heard. The prince has consistently denied the claims. Buckingham Palace said it would not comment on an ongoing legal matter. The motion to dismiss the lawsuit was outlined in a 46-page decision by Judge Lewis A Kaplan of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. It means the case against the Duke of York, 61, could be heard later this year.

Sky News reporting as well that its justice Giuffre is after and its not likely to settle before the case begins

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

Genuine Q… say she wins and, it being a civil case, is awarded monetary damages, whats to stop Andy ignoring it as its in a different country? I guess i’m asking whether it’s possible to sue someone outside of your country and it be enforced?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,158 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

they can bring enforcement proceedings in england for payment of the debt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,375 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I wonder what the palace will do if/when Randy Andy has to pay a large settlement?

It's not something you can just ignore, he might have to stay away from the jubilee celebrations as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I guess they'll take it out of his pocket money until he's paid it back.

Personally, I think he’s in deep do-do

He borrowed my phone once (yes, he really did) and I was disappointed that when he handed it back some time later, it didn’t have Koo Stark’s number on speed dial

You have to be a certain age - which I am.....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I reckon Mummy will be writing a cheque very, very shortly after today's decision by the Judge , he'll then dissappear into obscurity (Hopefully), odious spoiled brat .

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

jeez I haven't heard that name in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭AyeGer

It’s a horrible thing to be hanging over the Queen at her age too. But justice must be done regardless of Andrews position.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

To which I wish England would tell them to **** off until they send their diplomat over for prosecution that killed the pedestrian while drink driving

which they won't as the 2 cases have nothing to do with each other

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭standardg60

Just for clarity it was a young lad on a motorbike, and she was on the wrong side of the road. Good point though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Irrelevant when it comes to diplomatic relations. You do this, we do that. But of course they won't. Particularly when one is civil and the other criminal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭standardg60

She was my first crush, and still has the best name ever.

As for the case, at 17 she wouldn't have been considered a minor in either NY or the UK, and a witness came forward recently to say that Giuffre had told her at the time that she had had sex with Andrew, consensually.

So possibly he could claim, upon further recollection, that indeed it did happen but that he broke no law.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

If he knew she’d been trafficked, it’s still illegal, regardless of age, though, no?

Yeah that would be a pretty woeful defense if he tries that in front of a New York jury. This case is about a lot more than just ages of consent, it is about sex trafficking too. Besides, he has already said he never met Giuffre, despite the photograph. It would be some 180 if he now admitted to having sex with her but then claim it was consensual.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭cap.in.hand.

Roberts is from Florida where the age of consent is 18....the trafficking of her around the world wouldn't change that fact

• Registered Users Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I still don't get the single focus on Prince Andrew apart from the obvious headline grabbing.

I mean she's called out Senator Robert Mitchell in the US which should be a bigger story over there but there's no attention to it nor is she following it through.

I just find it strange that with the cases against Epstein and Maxwell for trafficking girls out to rich people that it's only Andrew out of everyone that is being singled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,382 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Who's Jep?

Randy Andy is on a roll

• Registered Users Posts: 26,060 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

The current court case is against Andrew specifically, and it's the court case that generates media attention and a lot of reportable disclosures. She also has a separate court case (for defamation) running against Alan Dershowitz, but that's not currently at hearing. SFAIK she hasn't brought proceedings against George (not Robert) Mitchell.

(And, strictly speaking, I think her claim in relation to Mitchell is not that she had sex with him, but that Epstein instructed her to have sex with him; I don't know if she has said publicly whether the sex ever actually happened.)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

If the Burrell trial is anything to go by, it could possibly happen. The ideal outcome would be a last minute pay off, a flurry of NDA's and maybe even a retraction of some sort. If the victim takes it but for now she seems adamant that it's not about the money.

The Royal family have vast amounts of personal wealth, and have vast amounts of assets held as private wealth. Plus you'd have any number of millionaires happy to pick up Andrew's bill as well. Having the Royal family indebted to you would be rather useful to have, especially if the tab didn't make much of a dent in your bank account.

He's probably thick enough and arrogant enough to assume Mummy can just order MI6 to sort out his little mess and make it all go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I suspect there's no longer any wealthy friends left that will bail out this Horrid, Ghastly individual, Mumsie will write the cheque and he'll be banished into suitable obscurity. I'd also say the rumours of Princes , William and Charles distain for Andrew are true , even in a normal family situation, this clown would be an embarrassment.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement

the queen doesn't have long left and Charlie won't be repaying favours to anybody who helps out andy.

Advertisement