Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property Market 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Is there any site around that can give you the year on year (or month by month) breakdown of asking / selling prices changes in an particular area?

It seems like the data is all there(PPR for selling prices and myhome/collapso for price changes), just a matter of putting it all together.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Is there any site around that can give you the year on year (or month by month) breakdown of asking / selling prices changes in an particular area?

It seems like the data is all there(PPR for selling prices and myhome/collapso for price changes), just a matter of putting it all together.

thepropertypin.com does have great stats and tables on it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

sweetie wrote: »
    thepropertypin.com does have great stats and tables on it

Do you have a link to any of those stats / tables on the site?
    I had a look, but when I clicked into the area specific forums, the are no real posts for weeks/ months on end

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

seamus wrote: »
    No website, no brochures, not even a location described. And they expect people to jump in and start asking to buy off the plans before they've even broken ground.

In fact, I would be 99% sure it's this http://www.sdublincoco.ie/index.aspx?pageid=144&regref=SD15A/0150 (Allsops were appointed receivers of Maplewood Residential), so they're inviting prospective buyers before they even have planning permission.
    Showhouse early next year apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

There doesnt seem to be much new stock coming on the market in Dublin. I suppose the next wake will be next year march/april

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

There doesnt seem to be much new stock coming on the market in Dublin. I suppose the next wake will be next year march/april

The amount of stock for sale in Limerick is very low and very little coming onto the market, I wonder what people are waiting for?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

lawred2 wrote: »
    by just using the PPR I get

Jul - 1380
    Aug - 1142
    Sep - 1219
    Oct - 1098
    Nov - 341 (obv not a complete month)

consistent enough

Thats total sales in arrears- and contains both mortgage and cash sales. The CSO figures are related solely to mortgage drawdowns- and are 'normalised' by using the averages of the current month- along with the averages of the two immediately preceding months- and dividing by 3- to remove sudden spikes or troughs from the figures. So- even if its says its an 'October' figure- its not- it the average of August, September and October- so there is isn't a sudden increase or decrease in the figures........

The amount of stock for sale in Limerick is very low and very little coming onto the market, I wonder what people are waiting for?

I cant imagine the demand for limerick been very high

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Demand is high, both for rental and sale, some big job announcements recently helping push up demand. But the single biggest factor is little or no supply and dwindling stock on the market. <400 units for sale in the entire city.

Does anyone know if the CSO release 'actual' monthly figures anywhere- or whether they have 'normalised' all the data they release (by giving you an updated 3 month rolling average)? I'd love to see actual spot figures.........

I'd also love to know whats happening with mortgage drawdowns- given it appears most lenders are openly admitting to having given out all their allowable mortgages over the limits- and are actively pushing draw-down dates into the future......... This would serve to show a slowdown for Nov/Dec- and an uncharacteristic bounce for Jan/Feb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

Have you been in Limerick recently, and I do not mean a breeze through the city centre, it has developed so much, as the op mentioned, job creation is strong there, Im not from there, but as I travel the whole country with work, and had not seen Limerick in maybe 10 years up until a few months ago, I was very surprised how expanded it is now, same for quite a few areas across the island, but not all, the roads have indeed made the country smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

How does the sale by a developer of 44 housing units in waterville / Dublin 15 to fingal reflect on the current housing market? These houses aren't in a bad location, very close to N3, blanchardstown center etc... Not cheap by any means, but not mad money either.

We are told prices have to rise to encourage building, but when building is completed they weren't able to sell the units on the open market, what does that say?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

We are told prices have to rise to encourage building, but when building is completed they weren't able to sell the units on the open market, what does that say?

We're being lied to is my guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

How does the sale by a developer of 44 housing units in waterville / Dublin 15 to fingal reflect on the current housing market? These houses aren't in a bad location, very close to N3, blanchardstown center etc... Not cheap by any means, but not mad money either.

The thing is they would have sold no problem on the open market. Waterville is a prime location and property sells fast. The developer opted for the easy ride, one legal transaction rather than 44.

Rossan Court was never on the open market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Mulk

We were in the middle of a chain, went sale agreed after 3 weeks and took the property off the market, everything going well until yesterday when our buyer pulled out, we were in the solicitors office this morning to counter sign the contract when she informed us!
    Going to have to go back to the market in the new year now, and don't know whether the house we're buying will wait.

Pretty p*ssed off. Don't know how strong the market will be in the New Year

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

feel for you, very unfair of the seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,315 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

athtrasna wrote: »
    The thing is they would have sold no problem on the open market. Waterville is a prime location and property sells fast. The developer opted for the easy ride, one legal transaction rather than 44.

Rossan Court was never on the open market.

why would the developer want to do that?

feel for you, very unfair of the seller.

the buyer pulled out

nowt to do with the seller

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

the buyer pulled out

nowt to do with the seller

And everything to do with the complete lack of regulations/processes to confirm buyers are solvent and financially committed once a property goes sale agreed.

I wouldn't even blame the buyer - they are just doing what the system allows them to do.

Bob24 wrote: »
    And everything to do with the complete lack of regulations/processes to confirm buyers are solvent and financially committed once a property goes sale agreed.

I wouldn't even blame the buyer - they are just doing what the system allows them to do.

A bit crappy alright, i don't think it was anything to do with funding, just changed their minds, a bit cowardly the way they carried on though. A one-line e-mail.
    I wouldn't really mind but they put pressure on us originally to accept their offer(asking price) and take it off the market, they seemed to be fairly anxious to get the house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

The Mulk wrote: »
    A bit crappy alright, i don't think it was anything to do with funding, just changed their minds, a bit cowardly the way they carried on though. A one-line e-mail.
    I wouldn't really mind but they put pressure on us originally to accept their offer(asking price) and take it off the market, they seemed to be fairly anxious to get the house.

Surely it is unpleasant for you, but as long as there was no legal commitment on their side they were not really doing anything wrong.

These (numerous) annoying surprises could easily be solved by binding contracts whereby properties go sale agreed and/or non-refundable deposits.

Bob24 wrote: »
    Surely it is unpleasant for you, but as long as there was no legal commitment on their side they were not really doing anything wrong.

These (numerous) annoying surprises could easily be solved by binding contracts whereby properties go sale agreed and/or non-refundable deposits.

non refundable deposits on new builds put some serious manners on you...

I had every single i dotted and t crossed before I committed to handing over our deposit..

non refundable deposits on new builds put some serious manners on you...

I had every single i dotted and t crossed before I committed to handing over our deposit..

Our solicitor actually had a 10% per cent deposit from them!
    But there were conditions in their contract which meant they could pull out right up until the last minute, until the bank had issued a cheque.
    This is our first time selling a house , so were unsure of the whole process.
    Al least we hadn't signed for the house we were buying

• Registered Users Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

why would the developer want to do that?

Exactly, also when we are tile prices are rising 3-4% per year. I don't buy that the developer didn't want the hassle. It took the developer a long time to shift all of the other phase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Exactly, also when we are tile prices are rising 3-4% per year. I don't buy that the developer didn't want the hassle. It took the developer a long time to shift all of the other phase.

It didn't though. The latest release for Brandon Square sold really quickly. Rossan only has 44 houses I can't see any issue with that selling privately. Property (without issues) in Waterville is selling and renting very fast. My former housemate went from offer to keys in three weeks last month!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

NAMA to seek joint venture partners for €5.6 billion plan to build 20,000 new homes:

http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2015/1203/750994-nama/

Nama getting in on election mode

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Rew wrote: »
    NAMA to seek joint venture partners for €5.6 billion plan to build 20,000 new homes:

http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2015/1203/750994-nama/

"starter homes" i.e. everyone back on the ladder

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

matrim wrote: »

Id hope that supply + mortgage regs = lower more affordable prices but I know little to nothing about economics etc so who knows.

• Advertisement

matrim wrote: »

Here we go again.........
    Is no-one going to pull up the Minister on this lark.........
    Its not a 'starter home'- if you can't progress beyond it.........
    How many of us are trying to bring up children in wholly unsuitable properties- because we bought 'starter homes'?
    I'm actually getting really angry at this stage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement