Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Yeah, POTENTIALLY - you left out a key word there. The performance of that half back line gave them the platform to win last year's All-Ireland in the replay - it was the key line. They cleaned us out.... If they keep that standard of performance up for eight years I would say yeah, they would be. - Buckley, Joyce, Padraig Walsh - it's such a strong line. They compliment each other very well. You don't think so?

You have to remember that Forde is 21 years old... - some players mature differently. He's been our best underage product for a long time ... I wouldn't doubt anything about him

Thats true and i suppose what put extra pressure on young Forde was the meteoric rise of Bubbles the same year. Forde probably lacked a bit of confidence whereas Bubbles has no shortage of it. Both excellent sticksmen.

True enough - John O'Dywer is that bit older too - two more years of experience.

John is also a very different person - you couldn't get two more different people.

I like the shape of our forward line - noelie will find it hard to get back in if the forwards can keep it up. It's that bit more balanced...

Brendan did the geroid ryan role very well yesterday. Noelie's best chance might be midfield later...but there's stiff competition there too...

The Tipperary Minor Hurling Team to play Clare in the Munster Semi-Final Wednesday evening at 7.30pm in Semple Stadium is
    1 Padraic Hayes (Ballingarry)
    2 Enda Heffernan (Clonoulty Rossmore)
    3 Emmet Moloney (Drom&Inch)
    4 James Quigley (Kildangan)
    5 Jack Skehan (Holycross)
    6 Brian McGrath (Loughmore Castleiney)
    7 Darragh Peters (Kilruane)
    8 Darragh Carey (Templederry)
    9 Alan Tynan (Roscrea)
    10 Liam McCutcheon (Templederry)
    11 Stephen Quirke Capt (Moyle Rovers)
    12 Gary Ryan (Borrisokane)
    13 Tommy Nolan (Drom&Inch)
    14 David Gleeson (Ballinahinch)
    15 Lyndon Fairbrother (JK Brackens)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭I am the Res

Does anyone know if O'Riordan and O'Brien are committed to the under 21 hurlers this year?

O`Brien has done a small bit with them , Colin hasn`t been training with them at all .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Does anyone know if O'Riordan and O'Brien are committed to the under 21 hurlers this year?

I hope they are more committed to the Senior Footballers as long as we are the competition! I think it was a mistake by Bill Maher, Kilsheelan not to commit to the footballers this year!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

Jimmy Doyle R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Jimmy Doyle R.I.P

Very sad news, one of the true greats of hurling.

Very saddened by the news of Jimmy Doyle. A man who once said "I'd do it all over again if I could I loved it" (referring to his hurling days)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Jimmy was gent. I met him a couple of times at Bothar Naoimh on Saturday evenings for 6.30.

I never saw him play but his reputation is enough for this poster.

R.I.P. Jimmy.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Anyone know when Noel McGrath is due back or how his treatment is going?

He is back doing light training and sitting on the bench on sunday - but, not as a sub. I'm unsure as to what stage his treatment is at.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

its a shame he didnt do more tv work or interviews , he was always a man that made you sit up and listen , tg4 did an excellent piece on him maybe in one of there lochra geal programs , a great man to listen to and a great man in general. RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Starokan

RIP jimmy, sad day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

RIP to Jimmy Doyle, at least the last Tipp performance in his life was a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

The Tipperary Minor Hurling Team to play Clare in the Munster Semi-Final Wednesday evening at 7.30pm in Semple Stadium is
    1 Padraic Hayes (Ballingarry)
    2 Enda Heffernan (Clonoulty Rossmore)
    3 Emmet Moloney (Drom&Inch)
    4 James Quigley (Kildangan)
    5 Jack Skehan (Holycross)
    6 Brian McGrath (Loughmore Castleiney)
    7 Darragh Peters (Kilruane)
    8 Darragh Carey (Templederry)
    9 Alan Tynan (Roscrea)
    10 Liam McCutcheon (Templederry)
    11 Stephen Quirke Capt (Moyle Rovers)
    12 Gary Ryan (Borrisokane)
    13 Tommy Nolan (Drom&Inch)
    14 David Gleeson (Ballinahinch)
    15 Lyndon Fairbrother (JK Brackens)

how strong is this tipperary team ? there was a big gap between the sides last year , and while there was a controversial sending off but it was a pretty one sided game tink there is still a large number of that clare team still available this year too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

how strong is this tipperary team? there was a big gap between the sides last year, and while there was a controversial sending off but it was a pretty one sided game tink there is still a large number of that clare team still available this year too
    Team is stronger than last year AFAIK.
    Peters, Tynan and Quirke very good players. Core group of players very good...
    Anyone know what sport Tynan is thinking of continuing on with? Has played county minor in Gaelic and hurling and played for Leinster u18 schools in rugby..
    Will he be able to keep all sports going to the fairly high level he has been playing them to in the past year or two. Anyone know what sport(s) he may play if going up the grades???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭primary 2

very sad day for tipp with the passing of one of our greats jimmy doyle,heard some fantastic stories about him from his playing days, RIP

Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Munster final set for Semple, surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

One of the Greatest!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Munster final set for Semple, surprising.

Not much of an alternative in fairness

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

money talks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭dcrosskid

Well before my time but have heard plenty of stories about the legendary Jimmy Doyle. Ring supposedly said if he was a bit bigger there would be no doubts as to who the greatest of all time was, tells you how highly he was rated nationwide and not just in Tipp. I hear he had a book due out in the next month or two also, a pity he won't be around to launch it but I am sure it will be a huge success. I am sure he will be fondly remembered in GAA circles everywhere. More proof of his adoration in Thurles was the new road connecting from the college to the Templemore road being named after him, not too many people would have that privilege while still alive.

RIP Jimmy Doyle

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I had assumed Waterford would insist on a neutral venue, ie the Gaelic Grounds.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    I had assumed Waterford would insist on a neutral venue, ie the Gaelic Grounds.

They have no interest in playing there. It would be worth some money to Thurles, I can see a huge crowd at this final.

Team is stronger than last year AFAIK.
    Peters, Tynan and Quirke very good players. Core group of players very good...
    Anyone know what sport Tynan is thinking of continuing on with? Has played county minor in Gaelic and hurling and played for Leinster u18 schools in rugby..
    Will he be able to keep all sports going to the fairly high level he has been playing them to in the past year or two. Anyone know what sport(s) he may play if going up the grades???

He picked hurling ahead of football this year before going back in with the footballers recently. He has another year left in the Cistercian College so that'll mean another Leinster Schools campaign and little hurling time. I'm not sure has he got the size to make the grade in professional rugby. I read an interview with Brian O Driscoll a few weeks back and he said Gordon Darcy and him would have been deemed too small to make it if they were entering an academy nowadays. It would be great to see him commit to the hurling because he has massive potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

When will tickets for the Munster Final go on sale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lads what date is the final?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement