Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

This is a real thing? COOOOOL!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

They put my tweet In the current issue of retro gamer.

754A8910-C00D-4D27-AF3C-CE5D459E626B_zpswcd0lr4k.jpg

b8c.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That's insane.
    Not sure I'd want one though... Who am I kidding, I want it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

b8c.gif
    tumblr_mar8vdcPSi1qbl3a8.gif

But I'm really like
    87bafb5752db75c5c676108d9b1c2d7aeea29846f444f1a442524db4d1649137.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

And I thought I was famous when one of my tweets about Jean Byrne was featured in the Journal last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

So my PS+ sub is up next month...I'm actually not gonna bother renewing it after some consideration. It's all well & good hoovering up the games every month, but being truthful, I never, ever really actually play them. So in that sense, it's dead money. I'll pick up the essentials on the Vita digitally & physically, but otherwise, no, calling it a day on PS+. Retr0 would be proud of me :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

even I wasn't THAT desperate for Sonic 2

Myrddin wrote: »
    So my PS+ sub is up next month...I'm actually not gonna bother renewing it after some consideration, calling it a day on PS+.
    Make sure you have auto renewal off or take your card details off altogether. I'd terrible trouble even with the auto renewal off they took it a month anyway, I just gave up in the end.

Make sure you have auto renewal off or take your card details off altogether. I'd terrible trouble even with the auto renewal off they took it a month anyway, I just gave up in the end.

I never leave cc info stored in my account, learned that the hard way after I apparently bought Joe Danger despite not turning the console on :rolleyes: Sony were useless to deal with, so the only thing I could do is going forward add/remove cc info as needed.

I've auto renewal off too, just in case!

• Advertisement

Sony were useless to deal with
    Definitely, really could have done without it at that time so it felt a million times worse. One of the fellas who answered me says "ah right *laughs* I dunno anything about last week, I was on holiday so I can't do anything for you, sorry bout dat!"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

So my PS+ sub is up next month...I'm actually not gonna bother renewing it after some consideration. It's all well & good hoovering up the games every month, but being truthful, I never, ever really actually play them. So in that sense, it's dead money. I'll pick up the essentials on the Vita digitally & physically, but otherwise, no, calling it a day on PS+. Retr0 would be proud of me :o

Make sure you play through Hohokum if it's available before it expires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

I hear ya brother. I cancelled mine a couple of months ago after some bastard hacked my account and fraudulently used my card to buy him/herself a copy of Dying Light for €69.99 at my expense.

Sony's customer support about such a serious matter as fraud was, well, non-existent. They genuinely didn't care one jot. The bank weren't too great either. Nothing but headaches and stress about the whole ordeal which was not my fault in the slightest.

Useless. :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I find it a bit useless as well. All I'm getting out of it is games I already own on PC or would much rather play on PC and I hardly if ever play any of them. I kind of need it for Bloodbourne though but unless there's a compelling online game like Journey then I won't be renewing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Anything good enough to play in the PS+ monthly selection I've typically already owned in physical form.
    The only thing is the Vita stuff isn't bad, though given the limited number of releases on the format, it wouldn't take too much fundage to own everything with having there too.

even I wasn't THAT desperate for Sonic 2
    All I could think of was
    latest?cb=20130526002507

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

PS+ is kind of critical for all online gaming on the PS4 now.

So kind of need it for Destiny and Bloodborne which I play a lot and probably won't stop playing any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Hi, my name is Ed and i also am a PS+ digital game hoarder.

Need to cancel the sub also :(

I don't think I'll be cancelling though, the discounts from having a PS+ account make it at least cost neutral.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    I don't think I'll be cancelling though, the discounts from having a PS+ account make it at least cost neutral.

Until the game you bought discounted comes up free a month or two later.

I got one of the Argos 14.99 deals so I'm good for another year and a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

The fact that it auto downloads most updates is worth it for me. Also the pretty decent amount of free indie stuff that I'd never otherwise buy is nice :)

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

I wouldn't buy much (none basically) digital content, & in nearly 3 years of PS+ membership I don't think I've used the discount once. Couple that with having zero interest in online multiplayer, I'm kinda content now to cease subbing. The Vita stuff is the only content of note, & I will get around to picking up what's worth having on it. The Vita actually seems a nice candidate for a digital library

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

sweetie wrote: »
    Until the game you bought discounted comes up free a month or two later.

I got one of the Argos 14.99 deals so I'm good for another year and a bit.

I'm good for a couple years thanks to that argos deal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    I'm good for a couple years thanks to that argos deal.

My local Argos didn't have any in stock unfortunately but I can't complain about €50 a year, less than a quid a week for something I do actually use. The majority of my Vita games are freebies from PS+ come to think of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well Osaka has been a disaster for retro game stuff. Super potato is closed and Mandrake Chaos which by accounts 4 years ago was amazing is full of anime **** now with a tiny games section full of **** and a glass case with nothing that interesting. That leaves game tanteidan which was decent but they've no competition now and know their stuff so there's no bargains really. They've a great stock of msx games and machines but alas no MSX2+. Their stock wasn't that comprehensive and browsing is a disaster, it's laid out alphabetically in the Japanese alphabet with the labels not showing, even in the glass case which is really annoying. That was my best hope of finding one so I'll be leaving Japan without one. Picked up a few small things but honestly Kyoto's A Too was bette, their stock wasn't great but prices were ok with a few bargains. Still not managed to pick up Radiant Silvergun :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well Osaka has been a disaster for retro game stuff. Super potato is closed and Mandrake Chaos which by accounts 4 years ago was amazing is full of anime **** now with a tiny games section full of **** and a glass case with nothing that interesting. That leaves game tanteidan which was decent but they've no competition now and know their stuff so there's no bargains really. They've a great stock of msx games and machines but alas no MSX2+. Their stock wasn't that comprehensive and browsing is a disaster, it's laid out alphabetically in the Japanese alphabet with the labels not showing, even in the glass case which is really annoying. That was my best hope of finding one so I'll be leaving Japan without one. Picked up a few small things but honestly Kyoto's A Too was bette, their stock wasn't great but prices were ok with a few bargains. Still not managed to pick up Radiant Silvergun :(

Pick me up a nice vert shmup PCB in Mak or wherever and I'll swap you RS for it. :)

All I could think of was
    latest?cb=20130526002507

My favourite Simpsons episode ever. Well, that and Dancin' Homer. :)

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    They've a great stock of msx games and machines but alas no MSX2+.

Pfft. Baby. :rolleyes:

tumblr_mlgu3krYHN1qd4q8ao1_500.jpg

You like that? Huh? HUH? DO YA? :D

I have to say I never understood Darius until I played it in HEY. When you get to the boss and the sub bass woofer under the chair kicks in and the whole cabinet is vibrating, now that's an arcade experience :)

• Advertisement

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    My favourite Simpsons episode ever. Well, that and Dancin' Homer. :)
    It's hard to pick just one, I like Cape Feare, Treehouse of Horror V and Marge on the Lam

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement