Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Has anyone found a decent way to get games from America yet? Or even good contact for NTSC games?

Everytime I ordered something on US ebay, it cost me a ton in shipping and then stung with customs. I love NTSC snes games and PS1/2 but such a hassle to get them.

I've two Japanese sellers on facebook that put up random games for sale. Nothing really for america though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

just browsing ebay there and seems a few american sellers are offering ok shipping with the customs duty paid. Must order myself a few bits and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Tchoin

Has anyone found a decent way to get games from America yet? Or even good contact for NTSC games?

Everytime I ordered something on US ebay, it cost me a ton in shipping and then stung with customs. I love NTSC snes games and PS1/2 but such a hassle to get them.

I was wondering the same thing, I'm fairly new to the country (little over a year) so don't know much about importing rules here.

Aren't there any shipping/freight forwarders operating between US-Ireland?

In Uruguay I would use a freight forwarder that operated between Miami (US)-Montevideo (UY) and could consolidate packages and send them together for a fairly reasonable price (of course it was cheaper as it did not have to cross the ocean). In any case we were pretty limited to just 5 online purchases a year, as the lovely customs office enjoys raping us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I've two Japanese sellers on facebook that put up random games for sale. Nothing really for america though.
    Is one of them that ryu kenkars guy ?, I joined a neo geo group and tonnes of them add you

• Registered Users Posts: 34,437 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

All is right in the world again, just downloaded the 3D classics versions of Sonic 2, Gunstar Heroes and Streets of Rage 2. Will be keeping a closer look out in future :eek:

Funnily enough, 3D Streets of Rage 2 was released on my birthday back in July. Shame I didn't know at the time, would have convinced myself it was a gift from Sega :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

G.Rev are bringing Strania to Steam next week. Briallliant to see the Japanese developers on Steam, who would have thought we'd have a Cave game, G.Rev and Dariusburst on Steam all within a few months:pac:

I'd really love to see Border Down on Steam too so hopefully Strania does well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

o1s1n wrote: »
    just downloaded the 3D classics versions of Sonic 2

you really should have waited til the 24th. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

airmax87 wrote: »
    Is one of them that ryu kenkars guy ?, I joined a neo geo group and tonnes of them add you

Yeah he is :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Jjgames.com do free shipping worldwide on items under 2kg I think. Prices are ok and they have actual pictures of the items.

Master of the Universe

I can confirm that Blaze's knickers have indeed survived the transition to the 3DS. In both the Japanese and International versions.

Interesting fact (which I didn't realize until now) - her undergarments had been censored out of the US version. Not only that, they completely redrew her right leg.

Japan/EU

Streets_of_Rage_2_Blaze_kick_upskirt.png

US
    Streets_of_Rage_2_Blaze_kick.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭trout

Steve X2 wrote: »
    A1v95N5.jpg

Is that a Commodore Pet behind the perspex? What's the dealio? I love it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

trout wrote: »
    Is that a Commodore Pet behind the perspex? What's the dealio? I love it :)

Yeah I printed up some mini retro computers a little while back.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057450587&page=7

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭trout

Just reading that thread now ... impressive stuff ... I feel a new hobby comin' on :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Honestly, is anyone going to sit through an hour and 11 minutes of critique of a movie we've all seen multiple times?
    Nope, nope, nopedy, nope.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Honestly, is anyone going to sit through an hour and 11 minutes of critique of a movie we've all seen multiple times?
    Nope, nope, nopedy, nope.
    Really? You don't want to see how deep the whole thing goes?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Really? You don't want to see how deep the whole thing goes?

2 types of people

pill.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

1577_1cf9_680.png

The cost of time involved is too damn high.

For a good time, call Alyson Wonderland.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm a fan of the Alice books and find that picture disturbing, given she's meant to be a child, though she appears to have grown up on the wrong side of the tracks there

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm a fan of the Alice books and find that picture disturbing, given she's meant to be a child, though she appears to have grown up on the wrong side of the tracks there

If the rumours are true CS Lewis would have been game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Does anyone know if the Famicom Titler is still useable if the little touch panel thing is faulty? As in can a joypad be used to control whatever the panel is supposed to control?

There’s a reasonable priced one on eBay at the moment with a knackered touch panel. I’m tempted as I really don’t want to spend €1500 on one of these things, but do want one for the collection.

The 360 is 10 years old this Sunday....

I feel old.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Where does the time go...

11863307_791738150937658_4358009024788139051_n.jpg?oh=7ee5210e7194378483b6024592ea5b5e&oe=56ECDD95

I feel old.

I can remember looking forward to the brand new Gameboy that was coming out...
    ee92c4a4255f25b62a80b727b3b79d88.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I feel old.
    Is it really? I didn't even think it was that long ago. I was 15, I thought I was older, like 17 but then again all the lads got PS3s. I got my PS2 from my nephews because they got a PS3 too lol.

Yeah it was, 2005 and that terrible reveal on mtv with Elijah Wood and early adopters trying to tell everyone Kameo was a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

I remember being pissed off at the 360 because in need for speed carbon the AE86 was exclusive DLC for that version and all I had was a PS2.
    I didn't get one till 2011 and had 2 of them brake on me.

Master of the Universe

I feel old.

Sweet Jesus! Better start putting the will together.

• Advertisement

I feel old.
    How could you be old? 10 years ago, you were still in school.

n743233480_1080176_1389.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement