Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much alcohol will you drink this Christmas?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

2 glasses of wine today and a beer so far. i'll surely have another few cans and the whiskey will come out later.
    Tomorrow, the racing and all the football is on so probably 10 beers and maybe some wine / whiskey after if i'm still fit.
    I'm up the country meeting the gf on Saturday so that'll be another 5+. Sunday might be a rest day, though all the football is on again.

tldr: probably too much but not going crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭UpCork

Not much of a drinker. Had one glass of wine with dinner. Might have a Baileys later with my Mum

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

So far I've had nothing in the last few days since being off. Im not sure if tomorrow is worth it either. I want to make a night of it if I'm drinking and it will probably be hectic still.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Yesterday....
    Mulled wine,brandy,cider.
    Today so far.............
    Prosecco,white wine,Schwarzwald teufel,Kwak beer.
    Not sure what to try next?.:D
    Maybe some absinthe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭roro1990

24 year old here, I've only had a glass of wine today. I've realized lately that i'm really bored of drinking. Yes, it's great for coming out of your shell and all that ****e but the amount of money I spend on it is ridiculous. The way I feel the next day is never good and as someone who suffers a lot with anxiety, it worsens my condition significantly for a full day after drinking. Problem is, with my "friends" all we ever do is drink so I tend to drink a good bit at the weekends. I went out last night and woke up at 3 a.m vomiting. Really isn't worth doing that much damage to my body. Hopefully the next time I touch a drink will be NYE and after that I plan on staying away for as long as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

None on the actual holidays. Waste of time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

roro1990 wrote: »
    24 year old here, I've only had a glass of wine today. I've realized lately that i'm really bored of drinking. Yes, it's great for coming out of your shell and all that ****e but the amount of money I spend on it is ridiculous. The way I feel the next day is never good and as someone who suffers a lot with anxiety, it worsens my condition significantly for a full day after drinking. Problem is, with my "friends" all we ever do is drink so I tend to drink a good bit at the weekends. I went out last night and woke up at 3 a.m vomiting. Really isn't worth doing that much damage to my body. Hopefully the next time I touch a drink will be NYE and after that I plan on staying away for as long as possible.

I'm the exact same. I was in the pub having a few last night and realised I just don't enjoy a few drinks any more. A good hangover makes me unproductive for days on end. Going away for New Years and after that I am done with it for 6 months at least.

I'm the exact same. I was in the pub having a few last night and realised I just don't enjoy a few drinks any more. A good hangover makes me unproductive for days on end. Going away for New Years and after that I am done with it for 6 months at least.

I hope I can stop for that long aswell. The only problem is i'm planning on heading to Australia next year and I hear that they're mad into the drink as much as us. I know if I go to hostels and meet new people the temptations will be severly high. I spose it'll be a good test of my discipline if anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

I don't drink much on Christmas day myself. I think it would be kinda odd getting smashed with just the family hanging around! Had a bit of wine with dinner and will probably have a few cans later but nothing serious.

On the tear tomorrow night though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,030 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I haevn't had a drop of drink today for the second Christmas Day running. Tea aside.

You know how you'd be after five days of porter, and half a bottle of whisky inside you. Mad for a cup of tay like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Can I ask what kind of anxiety? As in, does the beer make you 'antsy' or does it give you a physical feeling, like a tightness/pressure in the lower chest area?

When I drink a bit too much, i get this weird tightness the next day or two, it pisses me off..all the camomile tea in the world doesnt make it go away.

KungPao wrote: »
    Can I ask what kind of anxiety? As in, does the beer make you 'antsy' or does it give you a physical feeling, like a tightness/pressure in the lower chest area?

When I drink a bit too much, i get this weird tightness the next day or two, it pisses me off..all the camomile tea in the world doesnt make it go away.

Health anxiety and then panic disorder which is brought on by drinking. Makes no sense that someone with health anxiety would drink a lot but there ya go. The panic disorder rarely tends to be full blown panic attacks but more a state of high anxiety for like a full day after drinking. As in, anxiety heightened to the extent that I'd sometimes need to take a Xanax for it. I find if I have cigarettes (which i'm prone to do when drinking) the anxiety is worse the next day than if I just drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Health anxiety and then panic disorder which is brought on by drinking. Makes no sense that someone with health anxiety would drink a lot but there ya go. The panic disorder rarely tends to be full blown panic attacks but more a state of high anxiety for like a full day after drinking. As in, anxiety heightened to the extent that I'd sometimes need to take a Xanax for it. I find if I have cigarettes (which i'm prone to do when drinking) the anxiety is worse the next day than if I just drink.
    Cheers for the answer.

Yeah mine wouldn't really be like that, more like I described. Almost feels like a craving for a smoke, a really big craving, it's weird. I feel irritable and just want a xanax or weed or something to make it go away. A lot of drink makes it go away, but also causes it...I think. An odd one. Lying on my chest helps relieve the tension which is nice.

I reckon yourself (and myself) would be best off alcohol, added sugar, caffeine etc, basically anything that 'messes' with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

KungPao wrote: »
    Cheers for the answer.

Yeah mine wouldn't really be like that, more like I described. Almost feels like a craving for a smoke, a really big craving, it's weird. I feel irritable and just want a xanax or weed or something to make it go away. A lot of drink makes it go away, but also causes it...I think. An odd one. Lying on my chest helps relieve the tension which is nice.

I reckon yourself (and myself) would be best off alcohol, added sugar, caffeine etc, basically anything that 'messes' with you.

That's the dangerous part drinking again to get over anxiety caused by drinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

2 x glasses of red yesterday, a beer and a irish coffee today.

Advertisement