Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much alcohol will you drink this Christmas?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

I'll sip away on a glass or two of wine tomorrow, that'll most likely be it until the 31st. Even then, I won't drink much at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

6 bottles of Buckfast. 3 slabs of Dutch Gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

I don't think I'll be drinking much at all, I completely over-done it yesterday and am in tatters right now, I feel terrible.

Just sipping on a budweiser now to cure me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Work Christmas party, drinks with friends, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years night.

So 5 nights of drinking, 2 possible heavy nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

I'll have a snifter of port, on Christmas day.

• Advertisement

As I heard before, non-alcoholic beer is akin to going down on your sister. It may taste the same but it's all kinds of wrong.

I will have a nice spot of Christmas lunch tomorrow then I will drink a fair few pints in a few bars in town.
    non alcoholic beer tastes nothing like beer though.

I think I will have drank around 24 pints, 7-8 glasses of wine, couple of glasses of champagne and maybe couple of shots here and there

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Back in work on Stephen's Day morning (bloody retail), so having a couple of relaxed pints with some friends this evening and probably just getting food-drunk tomorrow haha

I think I will have drank around 24 pints, 7-8 glasses of wine, couple of glasses of champagne and maybe couple of shots here and there
    What's the timeframe there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

KungPao wrote: »
    What's the timeframe there?

He finished 5 minutes ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Probably around 40 pints and about 20 shots over the entire Xmas period.

I will drink less than normal this year. Im in a country where drinking beer is very much encouraged, but being drunk is not the norm at all. All about moderation here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Im working at 8am till 8pm tomorrow so I've got 8 cans of Guinness to polish off tomorrow night and 8 more on St. Steve's.

Session on(ish)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

For Christmas, I'm sticking to a crate of beer, don't want to embarrass myself in front of the grandmother. Will most likely head out and get wasted on Stephen's Day and New Year's Eve, I'd probably be looking around 30 drinks for each of those nights. Planning a little get together for drinks with a few friends whenever we all have spare time, so add another 15 or so. I'll probably consume around 95 drinks before returning to studying in January, combine that with about 3 grams of "herbs". After adding it all up, I think I need to re-evaluate my life decisions.

30 drinks per night? Holy s**t. Couldn't do that per week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Just opened my first bottle rye pale ale.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

I did a booze run in the local grocery 2 days ago. Bought 24 cans of Guinness, 12 bottles of red and a bottle of captain morgans spiced rum.

Between me and the mrs, the beer and wine should last until February and the morgans should be around for six months.

Today I expect to wash down 2-3 glasses of wine and a whiskey may get produced by the father in law.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Oh I just remembered, I have half a bottle of captain Morgan left over from last Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Not enough. It's never enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

non alcoholic beer tastes nothing like beer though.

I drank 4 bottles of cobra one night before I copped on it was non alcoholic,but as regards other beer brands your pretty much on the mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

A very simple answer, not a drop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Not a whole lot, I'll only drink when I go out on st stephens night. I'm at my parents' house and my mum is in AA so this is a no-alcohol house. If I had my way I'd have a bottle or red cracked open by now, but sure!
    Going to friends' NYE party so I'll make up for it then.

I drank 4 bottles of cobra one night before I copped on it was non alcoholic,but as regards other beer brands your pretty much on the mark
    They prob do a better job of imitating it.

Erdinger, on the other hand...their NA version tastes like watery iced tea or something.

Just opened my first bottle rye pale ale.
    Would you not be normal and have a Heino or a Bud, ya big hipster.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

11.37pm here.

Had a glass of some cheap sparkling wine crap at breakfast as that's what my wife wanted.

After the kids had finally gone to bed, had a measure of Midleton Very Rare, followed by another of Taketsuru 17 years old, which I'm currently sipping.

Bed after that, and I'm not sure when I'll drink again next. Maybe 31st, although there might be another night-time whiskey or two before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Couple of big boy beers, one or two at the most. And maybe some whiskey later on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Would you not be normal and have a Heino or a Bud, ya big hipster.

:D far from a hipster, love my good quality ales, not piss water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

I've gone six weeks without a drink. I'm on my second glass of red today and will have a couple more..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

As I climb up on my high horse I respond "I won't drink anything because I am responsible".

In reality, my mammy doesn't like me drinking in the house so a pretty dry xmas for me... :(

I stay with my mum for Christmas and it's the one time of year she pushes the booze at me. Have more wine, a volka, here, we'll open this liquer. Conversely, it's also the one time of year I'm too damn full to drink! Such a waste 'cause she has a rake of drink in the house. But... foooooooooood.

Advertisement