Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much alcohol will you drink this Christmas?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

*looks at his half drank keg of stout*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

You need help.

It's spread out over four whole days.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,732 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I hadn't drank alcohol for near three years, but I started again recently given it is said a glass of red wine on a daily basis has positive health effects.
    So I will stick to the one glass of wine per day, will be working everyday anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Feck all. Maybe more that I should

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

You need help.

No, he can drink it all by himself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

You need help.

I'm sure someone will carry a few bottles for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Macavity. wrote: »
    It's spread out over four whole days.

So per day:

6 cans
    1.25 bottles of wine
    14cl of vodka which is 4 Irish shot measures (assuming a 70cl bottle)

All in all, around 15 drinks every day for the next four days.

It's enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

Don't drink but I'm going to have a good smoke.
    If anyone wants to join they are more than welcome to

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Not much, the occasional glass of baileys with water and ice will be nice though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Already on my second cup of tea. So extreme.

I don't have a set amount. I might end up having one or two, or one too many.
    I'll be aiming for a middle ground though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

bluewolf wrote: »
    Not much, the occasional glass of baileys with water and ice will be nice though
    Hope it's not soda or tonic water, could explode in your stomach.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

All?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    So per day:

6 cans
    1.25 bottles of wine
    14cl of vodka which is 4 Irish shot measures (assuming a 70cl bottle)

All in all, around 15 drinks every day for the next four days.

It's enough!

It's not a crazy amount considering the time of year IMO. If it was a daily thing then he would have a drinking problem obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

I've got non-alcoholic beer in the house,don't even think I'll bother with it, its alcohols version of a lap dance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Macavity. wrote: »
    I have 70cl Whiskey and about 8 cans. Hoping it'll last me until St. Stephens Day.

ill have a bottle of whiskey myself and then get stuck into the slab of heineken that's been teasing me for the past week or so,hard to put a figure on how many cans ill drink though,8 would be a conservative figure.Ill probably have a lot more,depending what other 'refreshments' happen to be at hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I've got non-alcoholic beer in the house,don't even think I'll bother with it, its alcohols version of a lap dance

As I heard before, non-alcoholic beer is akin to going down on your sister. It may taste the same but it's all kinds of wrong.

I will have a nice spot of Christmas lunch tomorrow then I will drink a fair few pints in a few bars in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

Love these threads. The headlong rush to sanctitude by almost anyone posting.

'Oh I hardly touch a drop, so boring'. 'Today I ate 5 grapes, a wholemeal ryvita, 3 lettuce leaves and because it's friday, 2 malteasers. 'I never miss a day's work, heaven forfend'.

Full of shìt.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

All the alcohol

Likewise.

In the following formats.

- Cans. Simple, but essential.
    - Whiskey - for Irish coffee and hot whiskeys
    - Red wine - for drinking red wine.
    - White Wine - for drinking with dinner....mostly. Also I will attempt to make fondue.
    - A few other random bottles of stuff.

I like alcohol, in all formats.

Love these threads. The headlong rush to sanctitude by almost anyone posting.

Well, the thread title posed a question - people answered. Should only certain replies be granted admission to the thread? Is there a two-drink minimum?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I have a 70cl bottle of Bushmills, a crate of Bulmers, litre of Vodka, couple of bottles of wine.

Ill say ill get through a bit of the whiskey, wine and Bulmers....i wont even touch the Vodka, someone else can drink that.

keith16 wrote: »
    Red wine - for drinking red wine.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

None :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

The fact that this thread was made and so many reply with well thought out calculations, quantifying their total consumption into a number of pints or total number of bottles, says much about the extent of the problem we have in Ireland with drink.

Probably 15 pints, 10 to 15 shorts and 2 bottles of wine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Agricola wrote: »
    The fact that this thread was made and so many reply with well thought out calculations, quantifying their total consumption into a number of pints or total number of bottles, says much about the extent of the problem we have in Ireland with drink.

Probably 15 pints, 10 to 15 shorts and 2 bottles of wine for me.

Pfft, light weight.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Hope it's not soda or tonic water, could explode in your stomach.:p

wha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭The Masculinist

As I climb up on my high horse I respond "I won't drink anything because I am responsible".

In reality, my mammy doesn't like me drinking in the house so a pretty dry xmas for me... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

bluewolf wrote: »
    wha
    It's an old urban legend, drinking anything fizzing with baileys and it blows up the lining of your stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

For Christmas, I'm sticking to a crate of beer, don't want to embarrass myself in front of the grandmother. Will most likely head out and get wasted on Stephen's Day and New Year's Eve, I'd probably be looking around 30 drinks for each of those nights. Planning a little get together for drinks with a few friends whenever we all have spare time, so add another 15 or so. I'll probably consume around 95 drinks before returning to studying in January, combine that with about 3 grams of "herbs". After adding it all up, I think I need to re-evaluate my life decisions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Probably not much to be honest, pre Christmas beers and a couple of nights before New Years are my booze events, the MIL will probably nag me to have a few, so one or 2 token beers will do me

Advertisement