Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much alcohol will you drink this Christmas?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Well Christmas for me started last Thursday at 1 o clock. In that time I've had about two bottles of spirits and 15+ pints. Stephen's night and New Years will be carnage also. Thinking of it now I'd rather not think how much I am going to drink...my poor poor wallet

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

About three fiddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Heading into the Porterhouse this afternoon for some Belgian brews, chicken wings and a catch up with a mate. Will sip on brandy and coke with mulled wine throughout Christmas Day. I will be perpetually tipsy for the day without being drunk. Stephens Day I will darken the doors of Kielys in Donnybrook for the Leinster match having accomplished two things prior to this; eat a big turkey dinner and have a massive leg workout. Then I'll be dry until New Years. Quantifying this alcohol; 25 pints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Been drunk every second day since last Thursday. More by accident than design. Off it today as I'm doing the visiting tonight and have to drive. Back on it tomorrow. Probably about two litres of vodka and 20+ pints by new years day. I hate myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I will have an extra pint to mark your birthday!

Best to have a few, just to be polite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

A lot. Treated myself to a bottle of 18 year old Jameson so I'll sip away at that tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

I dont drink. I will enjoy the true meaning of Christmas. No hangovers...Thank goodness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    A lot. Treated myself to a bottle of 18 year old Jameson so I'll sip away at that tomorrow.

Nom nom nom

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

None - haven't touched a drop for 20 years, I nearly forget what it tastes like.

Seven Worlds will Collide

I will enjoy the true meaning of Christmas.

Did you ever consider inflating hot air balloons with your utterances?

Could be a useful nixer.

• Advertisement

Heading into the Porterhouse this afternoon for some Belgian brews, chicken wings and a catch up with a mate. Will sip on brandy and coke with mulled wine throughout Christmas Day. I will be perpetually tipsy for the day without being drunk. Stephens Day I will darken the doors of Kielys in Donnybrook for the Leinster match having accomplished two things prior to this; eat a big turkey dinner and have a massive leg workout. Then I'll be dry until New Years. Quantifying this alcohol; 25 pints.

Just use the urinal, man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

anncoates wrote: »
    Just use the urinal, man.

I will use the corpse of whatever Munster fan dares enter the sanctuary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I dont drink. I will enjoy the true meaning of Christmas. No hangovers...Thank goodness

Make sure you don't fall off that high horse. Be a shame if an injury prevented you enjoying the true meaning of Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Thanks to this thread, I've moved from beer to whiskey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

I will use the corpse of whatever Munster fan dares enter the sanctuary.

Makes a change from seeing ye all dancing around your handbags in rage when Leinster lose

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

I've got a nice bottle of Chianti, so that should last me to New Years I suppose.

The hubby has some craft beers in the fridge, so we might be sharing one or two of those. And there's this year's plum liqueur for after dinner.

I aim for "a little tipsy", as I can't stand being really drunk, and it's never worth the hangover afterwards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Won't drink at all. I make a point about not drinking at home, and pubs are too busy during Xmas for me to want to go.

I'm contemplating giving it up completely, as i get older it becomes more and more pointless to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Angry_Mammarys

Lots I reckon, lots of wine and cider... Will defo pay for it the next day though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Might have one or two Corona tonight while wrapping pressies. Wont bother tomorrow, never really drink on Xmas day. Not a big drinker anyway but when I do go out for a night out I enjoy a couple :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

Probably will be none but only because I'm really skint and what little money we have is best spent on the kids,
    Nothing against anyone else having a good time it's just how things are right now.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

On my second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Today: Nadda
    Xmas Day: Nadda
    Stephen's Day: Nadda
    Some evening between and New Year's Eve: A few in the pub
    New Year's Eve: As yet uncertain, but likely nadda

As you can see, Xmas is not a boozy holiday for me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've intentionally not really drank for the past 10 days other than the very odd single pint, but I'll have a fair few on Christmas day. With all the food and everything else, I only ever really get very tipsy rather than very drunk.

A friend of mine said he woke up early last Stephens Day puking all over himself in bed, with no memory of the end of Christmas Day. Never want to be that guy!

realistically I will probably have 24 or so cans ,5 bottles of red wine and a bottle of vodka between now and the 27th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Probably not going to drink at all. I don't mind people drinking at all if they want to but I've kind of got tired of spending money on it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

realistically I will probably have 24 or so cans ,5 bottles of red wine and a bottle of vodka between now and the 27th

That seems a lot, are you drinking this admount or selling it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I've intentionally not really drank for the past 10 days other than the very odd single pint, but I'll have a fair few on Christmas day. With all the food and everything else, I only ever really get very tipsy rather than very drunk.

A friend of mine said he woke up early last Stephens Day puking all over himself in bed, with no memory of the end of Christmas Day. Never want to be that guy!

Was lucky he woke up at all, could have been a very nasty discovery for somebody.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

a glass of wine with the christmas dinner. alcohol doesn't bother me. now if we were talking chocolate consumption;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

I'll probably drink the equivalent of 16 pints in the next day and a half alone. Then its on a plane and off back to Estonia where my alcoholism is actually quite moderate in comparison to the locals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

You need help.

Advertisement