Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much alcohol will you drink this Christmas?

Options
  • 24-12-2014 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,477 ✭✭✭✭

Was going to say beer but of course there is the wine, brandy and all the rest too.

Between tomorrow and New Years Day I will probably drink the alcohol equivalent of around 16 pints over all.

That might sound a bit mad to all you light weights or lesser beings if you will but it's true I tells yeh.

Only I never drink on Christmas eve night (or "Xmas" for the sensitive) because a :) I have to make the dinner and b :) I have to eat it.

But from then on t'is grand.

What say you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

16 pints is a quiet weekend of work.

None. I'll still manage to have a good time, regardless of this terrible shortcoming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Probably a fair bit to be honest as that time frame includes Christmas and my birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭irelandrover

A lot, my father in law is staying with us for a week and alcohol makes him bearable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I don't drink very much at all, as I tend to get awful hangovers the older I get. I'd normally drink a few glasses of wine maybe once every few months.

I'll have a couple of glasses of prosecco at dinner and then I'll have maybe three or four Captain Morgan & Diet Coke's at the parent's house later in the evening. I'll pay for it the next day too...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I'm only off tomorrow so might have one or two if my bastard prodigal brother hasn't it all drunk by then. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Actually a lot less than I normally would. Trying to cut down in general and it'll be nice not to be sleeping for half the day on Christmas.

anncoates wrote: »
    Probably a fair bit to be honest as that time frame includes Christmas and my birthday.
    Happy Birthday ya big grumnp!!

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

A bleedin skinfull!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

none.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

No matter how much I drink, I'll want more at the time and wish I'd had less the following morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

It's the only time of the year I drink so I'll have a good few between now and 1st Jan but I won't get drunk. Enough to get me festively merry and that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

My birthday's on the 27th and I probably won't even go out for it, as I'll still be sick from the few measly drinks I had two days earlier. Christmas is a pain in the ass to have a birthday during, as I'm always either broke or paying for the Christmas excess. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

None....cause if I have just one I'll be like henry sellers in father ted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

None, getting back into training at the moment, so it's best to avoid it. Will eat junk food though but not too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

Candie wrote: »
    None. I'll still manage to have a good time, regardless of this terrible shortcoming.

Ah, shure you'll have the one like, just to keep us company...g'wan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

No alcohol here either :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,477 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Must be a full moon. Glad to see so many giving up the demon drink though.

Gallons of beer and plenty of spirits!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I will have an extra pint to mark your birthday!

• Advertisement

I just never got started to begin with. I know if I had even one drink that I'd wish my head was cut off for days afterwards, so it's best to just avoid. I'm no fun with it anyway, and I'm dopey enough to amuse everyone without it.

Candie wrote: »
    I just never got started to begin with. I know if I had even one drink that I'd wish my head was cut off for days afterwards, so it's best to just avoid. I'm no fun with it anyway, and I'm dopey enough to amuse everyone without it.
    If only half the people that can't handle their booze had the same attitude as you, the world would be a better place.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

1 can

• Registered Users Posts: 41 TheArtOfNoise

I had a singular pint of lager in Wetherspoon's last night with my fish and chips. That'll do me for Christmas...I find drinking highly overrated and a waste of time, money and energy!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Having a beer right now.

Will have a glass of whiskey tomorrow evening after the kids go to bed, and might get to a pub once over Christmas....if I do, I'll drink plenty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

I had a singular pint of lager in Wetherspoon's last night with my fish and chips. That'll do me for Christmas...I find drinking highly overrated and a waste of time, money and energy!

Mmmm, fish and chips. Would take it over drink everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Probably have a glass of wine with dinner and then an Irish coffee in the evening but that is it. I get horrendous headaches if I drink anymore than that these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Well have a few like wine tomorrow during dinner but only 1 or 2 tonight so I am not drunk and can eat my dinner tomorrow and will have a couple strong irish coffees tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I'm pregnant so will just be sticking to gin. I've heard that the juniper berries in it are great for unborn babies *

* this post may be a lie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

I have 70cl Whiskey and about 8 cans. Hoping it'll last me until St. Stephens Day.

Advertisement