Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

secret wedding/marriage

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

Suucee wrote: »
    Myself and my partner are together 11 yrs . Living together 8 yrs and have 2 kids.
    basically we do not like the attention organisation or anything really to do with a wedding but on the other hand we want our relationship legalised.
    He is not a legal gaurdian to our kids. We are not each others next of kin .
    So we have decided to get married in a registry office and tell no one. Our parents are constanlty annoying us about it too.
    we have told my sister and niece and they are going to be our witnesses .
    has anyone done this before.
    also what do we wear. Might sound like a stupid question but it hadnt really crossed my mind yet.

If there's one thing I'd really advise: pay a professional photographer to get some couple and family photos. You don't want to be stuck with family member's blurry iPhone photos years down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lctake2

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I'm so glad your sister could make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

thanks all for the well wishes. had an amazing day and night. everyone really enjoyed themselves. it was so relaxed (except the photos . so hard to organise the kiddies as so young, photographer got some good ones though and loads of fab ones taken by family)
    so many people actually said it was the best wedding they have been to.

we had a fantastic time getting ready in our house. my *husband* stayed in his home house with our son and i stayed at home with our daughter, my best friend and my sis home from New Zealand.
    we got up yesterday morning and met in my mum , other sis and my niece in hairdressers. it was lovely then back to my house where we got a big fry and met my brother and dad too.
    then the men went to get sorted while we got dressed. it was great. having my mum, my 2 sisters , my niece , my best friwnd and my daughter.

cermony was lovely.
    then back to clubhouse which we had decorated the previous day. met photographer and got pics done.
    food was sorted, brought kids home to bed, dj set up, we danced then danced all night.
    was a fab day and night.
    im sooo tired now though. MIL has the kids now for a few nights and we are going away for a lil break.
    everything went fab.
    😊

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Esterhase

It's great to hear that, it sounds like a lovely easygoing day was had! Have a wonderful break with your new husband :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm so glad you had a great day! Congratulations. Enjoy your break :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Brilliant Succee it sounds like ye had the perfect relaxed day that you were hoping for. Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

oh and as for SIL. she went to reg office. didnt speak to us. went back to club hpuse and sat there with a puss on her. her husband have us a gift and was chatting to us. she went home about 11 so i heard .
    other SIL told husband that she is radiculous and totally out of line. husbands brothers partner said the same to me. ah well at least we didnt have to look at her sour face all night.
    when dropping the kids to MIL yesterday her husband and kids were there . of course we were all talk about the wedding. he was listening with a smile on his face. i reckon he is a bit annoyed he missed most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bean14

I've been following this thread and was hoping all would go well. Delighted you enjoyed it so much. Enjoy the few days together and congrats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Delighted for you Suucee, sounds like it was exactly what you both wanted, a lovely, happy and relaxed day.
    Enjoy the few days away, more than well deserved. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭Milly33

great news enjoy your break now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

Delighted it went well and you all had fun. I suspect sister in law is kicking herself for spending so much. She could still be in debt because of her day and have major regrets.

Have a great few days as newly weds ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

SIL and MIL sound like right weapons, they really have shown their true colours Succee - I feel terrible for you that you felt you had to apologise to those two wagons, when it was NOT your fault and then having to apologise over your PND! I'm glad you've sorted it now with MIL but that's the sort of thing that permanently damages the relationship you had with her and its all her fault.

I'm glad you had a wonderful day with your family, at the end of the day the most important thing now is you, your husband, and children :)

Ah I love a happy ending :)

Congratulations!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭An Bhanríon

How wonderful!!! Have been following your story and am totally delighted your big day went so well. Enjoy the memories!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭childsplay

:)Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your new hubbie. So so soooo glad that you enjoyed the day in the end. As for the SIL, pluck the begrudgers!

Advertisement