Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

favourite fast food?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

anncoates wrote: »
    I used to have this mysterious, internal homing beacon that switched on and led me to Ricks (Dame Street, Dublin) after a certain amount of drink was taken. On arrival, it would hypnotize me into buying two portions of cheesey chips.

Ricks is great. NEver there sober, but after a few pints it's amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MollyBrown

Love: Macari
    Capri Grill (Naas)

Hate: Abrakebabra (rip off, bad quality)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Cienciano wrote: »
    Ricks is great. NEver there sober, but after a few pints it's amazing

A couple of years back they served me a chicken fillet burger which was not just under cooked but was raw in the middle. I have never considered stepping through the door since.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,464 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Drumstix in Ballincollig in Cork is very underrated. Far superior to KFC.

I've had King Creoles once and thought it was woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

KC's is good alright but their chips are downright appalling compared to everything else.
    I have to say I think the Golden Fry down the road from it is better again though, haven't booked my usual Easter flights homet yet, might just bring it forward by a week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭RoboRat

American Burger with Chips in Sammys Leixlip
    Chicken curry, chips and curry triangles from the flaming wok in Clane (best Chinese I have ever tasted)
    Kebab meat, salad, sauce and chips (cant eat bread)
    I love a good Mhurg Bhuna curry
    At home I love chilli hummus and chilly Ryvita flatbreads... delish

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Deep fried horse with anchovies dipped in white wine vinegar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Runner Beans.!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Take-away pizza when freshly made mmm yummy and chips/wedges.:) Can't have mayo though gives me indigestion/heartburn...showing my age!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Chimichanga's & beer with a Tequila chaser :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Zaytoon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Legendary burritos in boojum. I also really love a good curry.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

2 or 3 of us jump in to car and drive just for KCs to Cork for 40miles. :D Who ever drives gets his KCs bought by passengers.

I get romantic notions about living in the sticks until I read stuff like this. 80 mile round trip for take away food....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Not exactly 'fast food' but I rather enjoy the €5 [used to be €4... :( ] Indian dishes sold in SuperValu in Ashbourne, not sure if it's sold in other branches. Not exactly a big selection; there's Chicken Tikka Masala [of which there's another variant with 'Butter'], Chicken Korma, Chicken Jalfrezi, and Vegetable Masala --- and honestly, they're all pretty much restaurant quality good.

So two dishes [€5 each], bag of rice [€1.19], 6 naans [€0.79x2 each] and a pot of yogurt [€2] for just over €15.50 to feed numerous people is quite the bargain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Smoked shredded chicken with fried rice and a half portion of chicken balls and trigons. Damn now im hungry and the chinese dont open till five :(

Smoked shredded chicken with fried rice and a half portion of chicken balls and trigons. Damn now im hungry and the chinese dont open till five :(
    Trigons?
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Why would you bring this thread up on a Wednesday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

I love Japanese food. An all too occasional treat for me is to leave the office at lunchtime, head to a local sushi joint called Matsuri and pick up a bento box before heading to a local park to eat and read. Just a great selection of tasty treats that don't leave me feeling bloated and tired during the busy afternoon period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

You my friend have been missing out all this time. Curry trigons are triangular filo pastries filled with mildly spiced chicken curry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭RoboRat

For anybody that loves Indian food, I highly recommend finding the Green Saffron range (they sell it in Tesco). Its easily as nice as a take away Indian.

Also, if you like chinese, get some Bensons curry mix (you can get it in supervalu), its the same as what you get in a good chinese takeaway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Not exactly 'fast food' but I rather enjoy the €5 [used to be €4... :( ] Indian dishes sold in SuperValu in Ashbourne, not sure if it's sold in other branches. Not exactly a big selection; there's Chicken Tikka Masala [of which there's another variant with 'Butter'], Chicken Korma, Chicken Jalfrezi, and Vegetable Masala --- and honestly, they're all pretty much restaurant quality good.

So two dishes [€5 each], bag of rice [€1.19], 6 naans [€0.79x2 each] and a pot of yogurt [€2] for just over €15.50 to feed numerous people is quite the bargain :)

The M&S Indian meals are only bloody gorgeous, €6 for a main but quality is fantastic. I always get a Chicken Saag, tomato and spinach based and it's bloody tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Butter chicken, pilau rice and peshwari naan bread.

I also like shredded salt and chilli chicken,but I like to make my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Indian food. Hands down. Can't beat a lamb Biryani

• Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

EazyD wrote: »
    You my friend have been missing out all this time. Curry trigons are triangular filo pastries filled with mildly spiced chicken curry.

Chicken & Cheese rolls dipped in curry sauce easily trumps the trigons.

PandaPoo wrote: »
    I also like shredded salt and chilli chicken,but I like to make my own.

Recipe?

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Birneybau wrote: »
    The M&S Indian meals are only bloody gorgeous, €6 for a main but quality is fantastic. I always get a Chicken Saag, tomato and spinach based and it's bloody tasty!

Sadly there's no M&S here in Ashbourne :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Recipe?

2 Chicken Breasts
    1 Onion
    3 Spring Onion
    1 Chilli (red)
    Tsp Chilli Flakes
    1 red and green Pepper
    Salt
    1 wm slice of bread
    Garlic

Egg Fried Rice

120g of Basmati Rice
    2 eggs

Method

Cut the chicken breasts into strips.
    Whisk the bread, salt and some chilli flakes together in the blender to make breadcrumbs. Dip the Chick into the breadcrumbs and cook in the over for 20 mins on 180c.

Slice everything else up and cook in a wok until just cooked and add the chicken for afew more mins and stir up together.

The egg fried rice.

Cook your rice and allow to cool for 10 mins... Put into a frying pan and cook for afew mins then add a well beaten egg.. Continue stirring until the egg is done. And Serve

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Otherwise known as curry triangles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Inspector Dhar

Burdocks in Christchurch in Dublin, for good, old fashioned, fish n chips. Yiz can keep yer Indians and KFC's and fancy Dan stuff.

Advertisement