Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

favourite fast food?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Was disappointed in KCs, the burger was tasty, but the chips were a disappointment. They don't put the salt n vinegar on in the place( they didn't the two times I was there), a cardinal sin IMO

Donkey Fords in limerick is awesome, great battered sausages and chips

That or a tasty kebab

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Another for KCs - Polynesian w/bacon is worth the half-hour drive. They should do a licensing deal for Jackie Lennox's chips (when cooked properly) and the Fish Wife's burger it'd go from the best takeaway to the perfect takeaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Doner Kebab - light on the chilli sauce, heavy on the garlic, not so much veggies and plenty of gooey doner meat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

Pizza with loads of random drunken toppings. Extra cheese, pineapple, tuna, more tomato sauce, mushrooms, peppers, sweetcorn - and then garlic / bbq dips.

I am so ordering this tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Ill probably be lambasted for this but I fooking love dominos

I have to agree with you, I love dominos also 😞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Was disappointed in KCs, the burger was tasty, but the chips were a disappointment. They don't put the salt n vinegar on in the place( they didn't the two times I was there), a cardinal sin IMO

Donkey Fords in limerick is awesome, great battered sausages and chips

That or a tasty kebab

I'm not a fan of KC's either. Lennox's is way better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

People mentioning Supermacs and Abrakebabra must normally eat dog food for dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Slow cooked ribs ,BBQ beans and coleslaw from ribshack in cork - only thing is,the shack Is only at the distant dream stage at the moment - hhhmmm ribs -

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Falafel, if I can get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Zaytoon is overrated. Their freshly baked pita bread is their only saving grace.

Kaleli kebab in tralee is where it's at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Murphy7777

KC's - bombay chicken, chips cheese and garlic and a chimichanga!

Lennox's isn't far off KC's tho

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

milk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Fingal cafe in swords, kebab, chips, battered sausage, can of pop, mmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Markcheese wrote: »
    Slow cooked ribs ,BBQ beans and coleslaw from ribshack in cork - only thing is,the shack Is only at the distant dream stage at the moment - hhhmmm ribs -
    where is this place ?
    does it exist

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Putinovsky

Jaysus the Corkonians are out in force today..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

istanbul turkish kebab
    oliver plunkett st
    mixed grill kebab with rice, great stuff
    but has to be kc's first

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭neil_

Another vote for KCs, though I endorse it with the caveat that I never thought the chips were that great - almost everything else on the menu is superb though.

Seeing as I don't live in Cork anymore, chicken kebab from anywhere or burgers from McDonalds are fairly reliable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Zaytoon kebabs!

This or Indian food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Burrito or else Dominos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

HillBilly's :)

• Advertisement

Funkfield wrote: »
    Boojum

/thread

So over the burrito thing. Very samey after a while.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 Sugar Thief

frag420 wrote: »
    Chicken vindaloo, boiled rice, chips, onion bhajis, plain naan and a pint of ice cold milk!!

I want a pint of ice cold milk now.

Did they or you ask? It's not something that'd be done automatically, not everyone likes it.

Doner Kebab - light on the chilli sauce, heavy on the garlic, not so much veggies and plenty of gooey doner meat

Gooey? :(

bee06 wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of KC's either. Lennox's is way better.

Was never at KC's when I lived in Cork, but loved Lennox's. I also loved Chipsy Kings on North Main Street. They did skinny proper chipper chips, so rare! As a fan of skinny chips over chunky, I was in heaven!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭wylie

Chipper,
    Smoked cod and chips....loaded with salt and vinegar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

Leg of fish:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    Did they or you ask? It's not something that'd be done automatically, not everyone likes it.

I didnt ask, probably should have, they had sachets out on display, presumed that was their set up. Most places I have been to always ask

the salt and vinegar needs time to soak into the chips:cool:

istanbul turkish kebab
    oliver plunkett st
    mixed grill kebab with rice, great stuff

Forgot about this place! Loved it when I lived in Cork. But WHY would someone get a kebab and not get lovely pitta bread with it?

• Advertisement

I didnt ask, probably should have, they had sachets out on display, presumed that was their set up. Most places I have been to always ask

the salt and vinegar needs time to soak into the chips:cool:

I'm the opposite, if I'm bringing chips home, I never get vinegar put on in the takeaway, I do it myself at home as the chips lose their crispiness if it's applied in the takeaway.

Advertisement