Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW17 Captain?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

RVP awat to Villa
    Yaya for me. Simply the percentage call (based on both polls) which has served me well so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

RVP awat to Villa
    Went with Yaya, hope he delivers. He's a differential in my pay league atm

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

RVP awat to Villa
    Was originally going to go with Austin but that was before I bought RVP. But I also have Yaya... Finding it a tough call this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

torn between austin, sanchez, silva and costa..no standout option for me, will probably be a last minute decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Officer999

Going with Rooney. A gamble but i guess every captain choice is this week..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Love these weeks where the captain choices are so spread out. I'm thinking the top 3 captain choices for the top 10k will be Yaya, RvP, Austin but I doubt any will be over 25%.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Rooney away to Villa
    I have it on RVP with Austin as VC but it's been that way since Sunday night. Not really decided but that's what happens if I make no further decision

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Siggy away to Hull
    Got in Rooney and captained him in the end, probably end up deep with Fellaini being out but confident he'll get me points anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

RVP awat to Villa
    Went with Yaya hopefully it pays off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Sterling home to Arsenal
    Taking a punt on Carroll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Costa away to stoke
    Have it on Austin atm. Still don't trust him but he would be a huge differential as my team is very similar to the rest of my league. My fingers are twitching.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

RVP awat to Villa
    not expecting much this gw, going to give the band to yaya and set myself up for the next few gw's tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Rooney away to Villa
    if toure burns RVP I won't be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Love these weeks where the captain choices are so spread out. I'm thinking the top 3 captain choices for the top 10k will be Yaya, RvP, Austin but I doubt any will be over 25%.
    You're spot on.

May as well repost here the top10 from the FFS captain poll:

FFS (C) poll top10
    Yaya - 21.6%
    RVP - 12.7%
    Austin - 9.4
    Costa - 8.8%
    Eriksen - 7%
    Hazard - 7%
    Rooney - 5.2%
    Silva - 5.2%
    Sanchez - 4.6%
    Bony - 4.1%

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Rooney away to Villa
    iroced wrote: »
    You're spot on.

May as well repost here the FFS captain poll

FFS (C) poll top10
    Yaya - 21.6%
    RVP - 12.7%
    Austin - 9.4
    Costa - 8.8%
    Eriksen - 7%
    Hazard - 7%
    Rooney - 5.2%
    Silva - 5.2%
    Sanchez - 4.6%
    Bony - 4.1%

Lalalalalalala

I can't hear you :)

lost.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1410959805712

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Giroud away to Liverpool
    Could very well go with Yaya or Kane but I actually feel quite happy with Sanchez.

RVP awat to Villa
    After flirting with both Austin and RVP, I'm going to be boring sensible and go with the poll. Yaya it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Rooney away to Villa
    The 2nd vote always racks up the points :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

RVP awat to Villa
    I have a feeling in my waters that Yaya is going to go batshit crazy for points tomorrow and the forum will be full of:

"FML"
    "Yaya is singlehandedly destroying my season"
    "Please God make it stop"
    "Stop it, Palace are dead already"

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

RVP awat to Villa
    Has to be the toughest choice of the season so far. No long winded write up from me this week. I just put my midfield and forward line in to a random number generator with numbers 1-7.

No. 1 came out first, it's fate. Come on Yaya.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Going with Hazard. Scored away from home on Tuesday against Derby, the spell has been broken.

RVP awat to Villa
    Nib wrote: »
    Going with Hazard. Scored away from home on Tuesday against Derby, the spell has been broken.

Him scoring during the week has been mentioned a few times but Stoke at the Brittania are a different kettle of fish to Derby in a league cup game. Until he starts scoring away in the league, I don't think he's a viable captain choice in those games.

Him scoring during the week has been mentioned a few times but Stoke at the Brittania are a different kettle of fish to Derby in a league cup game. Until he starts scoring away in the league, I don't think he's a viable captain choice in those games.
    I don't own Yaya and I don't trust Austin or Costa. Has to be Hazard for me. Arsenal game aside, Stoke have been awful this season.

RVP awat to Villa
    I don't own Yaya and I don't trust Austin or Costa. Has to be Hazard for me. Arsenal game aside, Stoke have been awful this season.

Austin has scored in each of his last 4 home games while Hazard hasn't scored in an away game. Stoke raise their game against the bigger teams...they've beaten Arsenal at home and City and Spurs away. Would be going for Austin if I were in your shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

RVP awat to Villa
    Gonna be a lot of shuda woudas tomorrow:D

Austin has scored in each of his last 4 home games while Hazard hasn't scored in an away game. Stoke raise their game against the bigger teams...they've beaten Arsenal at home and City and Spurs away. Would be going for Austin if I were in your shoes.
    Didn't know this.

Hmmm, decisions...

RVP awat to Villa
    Didn't know this.

Hmmm, decisions...

Don't want to talk you out of it though, it's just the option I'd take. Have Hazard myself so wouldn't mind if he followed up the Derby goal with another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

He hasn't scored in 2 prior to these 4:D

And he "only" had 2 goals in last 4 games

He has a very good record and limiting his record to last 4 home games does not give a full picture tbh.

I am going to give him an armband not because of his stats but because he had a nice rest and should be fully fit facing WBA - a team that is performing better away than at home, though.

Risky, but no other obvious choices for me this week.

See below:

332266.png

• Registered Users Posts: 33,066 ✭✭✭✭CSF

wonski wrote: »
    He hasn't scored in 2 prior to these 4:D

And he "only" had 2 goals in last 4 games

He has a very good record and limiting his record to last 4 home games does not give a full picture tbh.

I am going to give him an armband not because of his stats but because he had a nice rest and should be fully fit facing WBA - a team that is performing better away than at home, though.

Risky, but no other obvious choices for me this week.

See below:

332266.png
    Go on wonski, trying to create a differential captain for himself ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,351 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

RVP awat to Villa
    I hope all of my players score goals and then I won't give a ****e who I've captained. ;)

(captaining Austin and I still hope yaya goes bat **** crazy lol)

Advertisement