Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW17 Captain?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Giroud away to Liverpool
    Will Jones keep his spot for Liverpool? Would seriously consider Sanchez if so, Brad Jones is simply awful.

Even if he doesn't, Mig can't exactly be full of confidence after being dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Giroud away to Liverpool
    Mignolet dropped 'indefinitely' - Brendan Rodgers. http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30471299

But yeah either way it's a poor defence and Sanchez should have a nice time against them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Rooney away to Villa
    RVP got a nice hat trick against Villa, albeit at home, two seasons ago. Anyone know his record against them?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Rooney away to Villa
    Lemlin wrote: »
    Anyone know his record against them?

Does this matter much? I'd judge it on the teams form, players form, oppositions form, oppositions injuries and suspensions...

He scored a hattrick the year they won the league. If he didn't score the previous 3 games before that, would that alter your decision making?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Rooney away to Villa
    Trilla wrote: »
    Does this matter much? I'd judge it on the teams form, players form, oppositions form, oppositions injuries and suspensions...

He scored a hattrick the year they won the league. If he didn't score the previous 3 games before that, would that alter your decision making?

Certain players have good records against certain teams so yes, I would bear it in mind. For example, Vidic always struggled against Torres (when he was good!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Rooney away to Villa
    Lemlin wrote: »
    RVP got a nice hat trick against Villa, albeit at home, two seasons ago. Anyone know his record against them?

I think I do recall that United/Villa games have a history of being high scoring affairs.

Think RVP or Sanchez are the top candidates for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

RVP awat to Villa
    Yaya probably, although the idea brings me out in a cold sweat.

Rooney away to Villa
    FHFC wrote: »
    I think I do recall that United/Villa games have a history of being high scoring affairs.

Think RVP or Sanchez are the top candidates for me.

Ok, checked into this and I remember right. Going back 4 seasons average of over 3.6 goals per game in 8 PL meetings.

29 goals in total in that period. 23-6 in favour of United! United scored 5 against then in total in 11/12, 6 in 12/13 and 7 last year.

At Villa Park the results were 2-2, 0-1, 2-3, 0-3

Goalscorers for the 23 goals makes better reading for Rooney owners who put value in this sort of thing.
    Rooney 6 (in 4 different games, 2x2, 2x1)
    RVP 3 (a Hatrick at OT)
    Welbeck 3
    Hernandez 3
    Vidic 2
    Mata 1
    Cleverly 1
    P Jones 1
    Nani 1
    Macheda 1 (remember it!!)
    Vlaar 1 (og)

To put it another way, in their last 5 meetings, 3 home and 2 away United a have scored 4, 3, 3, 3, 4

Sold....to the big in form Dutchman at the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Giroud away to Liverpool
    Sold....to the big in form Dutchman at the back.

Wouldn't bring in Vlaar this week! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,033 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ok, checked into this and I remember right. Going back 4 seasons average of over 3.6 goals per game in 8 PL meetings.

29 goals in total in that period. 23-6 in favour of United! United scored 5 against then in total in 11/12, 6 in 12/13 and 7 last year.

Goalscorers for the 23 goals makes better reading for Rooney owners who put value in this sort of thing.
    RVP 3 (a Hatrick at OT)
    Welbeck 3
    Hernandez 3
    Vidic 2
    Mata 1
    Cleverly 1
    P Jones 1
    Nani 1
    Vlaar 1 (og)

To put it another way, in their last 5 meetings, 3 home and 2 away United a have scored 4, 3, 3, 3, 4

Sold....to the big in form Dutchman at the back.

I'm going to it and plan to find a way to sabotage this Dutchman.

• Advertisement

Rooney away to Villa
    Wouldn't bring in Vlaar this week! ;)

Ok, at the front would have read better all right.

Ninja edit....

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Sterling home to Arsenal
    Van Persie has a great record against Villa actually. He has 8 goals and 2 assists in 11 games against them.

Rooney away to Villa
    jebforever wrote: »
    Van Persie has a great record against Villa actually. He has 8 goals and 2 assists in 11 games against them.

Of course, didn't check his Arsenal record. Even better. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Sterling home to Arsenal
    Mustn't have gone back far enough. Even better. Thanks.

Well he did play for some London club before he joined the Red Devils. ;)

EDIT: I see you remembered. :pac:

Rooney away to Villa
    jebforever wrote: »
    Well he did play for some London club before he joined the Red Devils. ;)

EDIT: I see you remembered. :pac:

Ninja edit. Almost. :D

Captain decided most importantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Hmmm... These stats make me consider a Diego Costa -> RVP switch. Getting a player FHFC owns can't go wrong right :P?

As for the players I currently own, Eriksen and Austin have the fixtures for them...

• Registered Users Posts: 48,153 ✭✭✭✭km79

RVP 3 (a Hatrick at OT)
    Welbeck 3
    Hernandez 3
    Vidic 2
    Mata 1
    Cleverly 1
    P Jones 1
    Nani 1
    Vlaar 1 (og)

Sold....to the big in form Dutchman at the front.

rooney it is so :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Hazard away to Stoke
    Giroud or Austin. Leaning towards Giroud because of the Brad Jones factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

RVP awat to Villa
    Thinking of Yaya at the minute. Don't think Austin is captain material.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Sterling home to Arsenal
    Eriksen is probably my best option at the minute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,444 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

manual_man wrote: »
    leaning towards Sanchez at the moment. Austin is tempting but you just know WBA are going to park the bus. Liverpool are a right mess at the moment and i really do fancy Sanchez to score

What'll actually happen is the total opposite to this I'd imagine.

Both teams will be thinking that 3 points is definitely up for grabs in this one, so there's no hope whatsoever for bus parking. I'd say it'll be packed full of goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Rooney away to Villa
    I'm leaning towards Eriksen as well. I've learnt my lesson from making some cheapies captain this season (Jelavic), so I won't risk it with Austin.

I'm leaning towards Eriksen as well. I've learnt my lesson from making some cheapies captain this season (Jelavic), so I won't risk it with Austin.

eriksen and spurs are soooooooooo unreliable
    I just can't bring myself to captain him

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Sterling home to Arsenal
    km79 wrote: »
    eriksen and spurs are soooooooooo unreliable
    I just can't bring myself to captain him

The thing that's holding me back a bit on eriksen is the carling cup game wed and they have struggled at home all season. He is still my best option though currently which is worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Rooney away to Villa
    Spurs are all over the place at the moment. But they are playing Burnley. At home. And Eriksen and Kane are their only "in-form" players. That's about the only argument I can make for Eriksen right now. :pac:

Which means I'll change my captaincy choice a million times before the weekend. I hate this game sometimes... :(

Spurs are all over the place at the moment. But they are playing Burnley. At home. And Eriksen and Kane are their only "in-form" players. That's about the only argument I can make for Eriksen right now. :pac:

Which means I'll change my captaincy choice a million times before the weekend. I hate this game sometimes... :(
    Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville pointed out last night that burnley have conceded one goal or less in NINE of their games so far......that would worry me !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Armband is on Charlie Austin at the moment after his weeks rest! Brought RVP in this week though and have Costa also so it could all change yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,033 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Armband is on Charlie Austin at the moment after his weeks rest! Brought RVP in this week though and have Costa also so it could all change yet!
    Me too on the Austin thing, but I've no certainty in the decision. Toure is the other one I'm strongly considering. Bony to an extent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

CSF wrote: »
    Me too on the Austin thing, but I've no certainty in the decision. Toure is the other one I'm strongly considering. Bony to an extent too.

Transferred Toure back out this week to afford RVP, City looked a bit sheepish without Aguero at the weekend! Saying that Lampard might be worth a punt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

I'm going off the idea of austin myself, might give it to Silva who I'm planning on bringing in

Advertisement