Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW17 Captain?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Rooney away to Villa
    If anyone had said on here three weeks ago (when I stupidly did captain him) that RVP would be one of the leaders in this week's captain poll they'd probably have been banned for trolling!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Rooney away to Villa
    I haven't got a notion.

RVP, Austin, Bony, Sanchez and Hazard are all options.

If I sell Mirallas then his replacement should probably be an option too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,033 ✭✭✭✭CSF

In a strange turn of events in my head, I think I'm now persevering with Costa. I dunno :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Rooney away to Villa
    For the first time in a long time I'm pretty much certain of my transfer and my captain for this week.

Dimichelis in for Kompany and RVP (c)

Sanchez the only other temptation.

Wouldn't risk Eriksen, Costa has a way to go to earn it back too. Bony missing too many chances, although he could get a hat trick any week now.

I'm very firmly in no risky captains territory ranking wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Think I'll go with Hazard. His away record is poor but he's scored tonight and is hitting a good run of form.
    And I love a Monday night captain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

this feels stupid but the only reason I don't want to captain Yaya is cos I hate captaining a player in the sat morn games! ha

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Giroud away to Liverpool
    CSF wrote: »
    In a strange turn of events in my head, I think I'm now persevering with Costa. I dunno :o

funnily enough i'm leaning towards Costa as (C) this week now too

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Rooney away to Villa
    Seeing as Hazard broke his away duck tonight I'm beginning to consider him more. Although Stoke could well do a job on him. In saying that Hazard could easily do a job on Bardsley too

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

RVP awat to Villa
    Dr. Bre wrote: »
    this feels stupid but the only reason I don't want to captain Yaya is cos I hate captaining a player in the sat morn games! ha

didnt notice he was in the saturday morning game. This changes everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,155 ✭✭✭✭km79

Rikand wrote: »
    didnt notice he was in the saturday morning game. This changes everything!

it sure does. I remember the early morning game aguero scored 4 and I did not have him :( city don't have a midweek game so early saturday morning makes no odds

• Advertisement

RVP awat to Villa
    km79 wrote: »
    it sure does. I remember the early morning game aguero scored 4 and I did not have him :( city don't have a midweek game so early saturday morning makes no odds

The last time I captained a city player for the early morning game was Aguero in Gameweek 9 and I promised myself I would never captain anyone ever again for the 12:45 game.

so I gotta find someone else to captain now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Costa away to stoke
    Giroud against that Liverpool defense is a tempting one.
    Will probably bottle it and stick with Costa tho

• Registered Users Posts: 33,033 ✭✭✭✭CSF

manual_man wrote: »
    funnily enough i'm leaning towards Costa as (C) this week now too
    We're in this thing together, don't back out on me now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Rooney away to Villa
    Is Jovetic gonna be fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

Seriously considering Kane as captain but since I am inside the top 10K i will probably chicken out! Think I will go with Hazard again this week, will be nice to have a Monday night captain

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

RVP awat to Villa
    Hackers wrote: »
    Seriously considering Kane as captain but since I am inside the top 10K i will probably chicken out! Think I will go with Hazard again this week, will be nice to have a Monday night captain

Hazard away from home never seems to do as well granted he scored away in the cup last night . I'm thinking Hazard , kane or Yaya . on Yaya for now but that will change .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Rooney away to Villa
    Lemlin wrote: »
    Certain players have good records against certain teams so yes, I would bear it in mind. For example, Vidic always struggled against Torres (when he was good!).

I know what you're saying, I'm challenging it.

Take RVP for example, who seems to be hitting form.

He scored a hattrick the year they won the league. If he didn't score the previous 3 games before that, would that hypothetical poor form alter your decision making?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Giroud away to Liverpool
    Currently have it on Bony but that was simply out of fear of me not getting the time to think about it properly thanks to Christmas Parties!

RVP awat to Villa
    Just switched captaincy to Austin

Come on King Charlie!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Giroud away to Liverpool
    I'm going with Sanchez over Yaya, for Toure to score you need a penalty or a long range effort.

Tempted by Rooney but he was playing mostly at the half way line against liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭KrakityJones

Half thinking of going mad and throwing it on Downing for the differential, home against bottom dwellers leicester and he has been on form recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

RVP awat to Villa
    Half thinking of going mad and throwing it on Downing for the differential, home against bottom dwellers leicester and he has been on form recently.

I have to drop someone from my team this GW and it's a bastard of a decision, right now I have Downing on the bench and here's why...

All Downing's goals were scored on the road this season. He's bagged a few assists at home but most of his points tally seems to come from away games. Small sample size but an interesting tidbit. I still haven't made up my mind on who to drop or who to Captain. I can't leave Austin on the bench this GW as he's a serious contender for the armband.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Carroll home to Leicester
    Arbitrary wrote: »
    I have to drop someone from my team this GW and it's a bastard of a decision, right now I have Downing on the bench and here's why...

All Downing's goals were scored on the road this season. He's bagged a few assists at home but most of his points tally seems to come from away games. Small sample size but an interesting tidbit. I still haven't made up my mind on who to drop or who to Captain. I can't leave Austin on the bench this GW as he's a serious contender for the armband.

I think you're reading way too much into that away stat and it's way too smalll a sample to be doing that. He's playing Leicester at home who are a poor side so I think you have to play him. Who are you playing ahead of him?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

RVP awat to Villa
    Dearg81 wrote: »
    I think you're reading way too much into that away stat and it's way too smalll a sample to be doing that. He's playing Leicester at home who are a poor side so I think you have to play him. Who are you playing ahead of him?

Yeah... I'm clutching at straws alright, but it was the only valid reason I could find to drop someone. Still, personally speaking I wouldn't captain Downing there's so many better options.

Don't want to derail the thread so I posted here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Giroud away to Liverpool
    CSF wrote: »
    We're in this thing together, don't back out on me now

Changed it over to him already

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

RVP awat to Villa
    Probably going to bring in Nasri or Silva this week but half tempted to bring in and captain Eriksen. What do people think about captaining him this week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Carroll home to Leicester
    jimmii wrote: »
    Probably going to bring in Nasri or Silva this week but half tempted to bring in and captain Eriksen. What do people think about captaining him this week?

Risky move... I'd save things like that for the end of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

RVP awat to Villa
    You just know if you captain Eriksen, he'll get one of his two pointers...

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭crazy8

Pozo. Gamble gamble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Very torn this week - has to be the most interesting GW for captain choice in a while.

Like a few others, I'm thinking of Yaya but I dislike having a 12:45 captain - though in saying that, captain Aguero versus Spurs earlier in the season worked brilliantly. Sergio he ain't, though.

I currently have it on Austin, but that's likely to change a dozen times before Saturday.

Advertisement