Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW17 Captain?

Options
  • 14-12-2014 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Tough call this week?

GW17 Captain? 222 votes

Yaya home to Crystal Palace
    0%
    RVP awat to Villa
    24%
    garSkyStersmogNichololasIagoWombatmanRikandpatmacArmaniJeanssmuletideRoonboxjimmiiNabyLadisthemanrossiteioneillredarmyharpstilidieChesty08Dice75donglen 54 votes
    Rooney away to Villa
    20%
    TacTPWEIcullenswoodfranmanrock whoreLemlin[Deleted User]zarquonReg_hurleyNalzBeanmachineAce2007Eddie EreGonzovisionNabberThe BusterCrash Bang WallG1032How Soon Is Nowtony1980 45 votes
    Bony away to Hull
    9%
    Macker1Gavin "shels"dedawgreensausagemcgoochNEDDURCAnimomectavbabensboysPopTartsFlashdeanMan With No NameAlfred BordenMichael D Not Higginsmasti123Burlap_SackRosco79deathtocaptchaBlondeBombKh1993 20 votes
    Siggy away to Hull
    3%
    bohsmansashafiercebangkokpassremarkableFrClintPowerMissing LinksBig Borg 7 votes
    Pelle home to Everton
    0%
    Honey Monster 1 vote
    Lukaku away to Southampton
    0%
    Erikson home to Burnley
    0%
    Saako home to Leicester
    3%
    Shaque attackmailburnerTony_MontanaSqueaksoutloudJohn the baptistJejumellows 7 votes
    Carroll home to Leicester
    4%
    bofDearg81sekllyThunbergsAreGotmc86me89argentumPosadahufpc8w3adnk65hurlingman97A Brad Maddox Guy 11 votes
    Sterling home to Arsenal
    1%
    Scorpion StingIused2likebustsirish son 3 votes
    Sanchez away to Liverpool
    1%
    DonegalBonzKarma25Mouzone 3 votes
    Giroud away to Liverpool
    12%
    AdMMMLeNNoX[Deleted User][Deleted User]AnonoBoyzoom_coolShaneUWoollyRedHatsidconsimonwNinjaTruncsFlecktarnjamesbondingsmanual_manpaulb06rednogginOneColdHand2ndcomingThe GibzillaSlattsy 27 votes
    Hazard away to Stoke
    1%
    cremeeggstiffler123shayno90 3 votes
    Costa away to stoke
    6%
    FastFullBackBostonBbanteeInvinciblePirateShampoorev2.0thunderdogmillie35williewallacedpofloinnP.WalnutsDoris300Fant11AlanDeGenerousMarkSRFC21 15 votes
    Other
    11%
    Bulmersbillymitchellshreddedloops[Deleted User]SchismPanthrojaybe1jkelly85Deviashano_88mjpwafflemanrikaiserlanger91unplayableEldocov6e5qzawyrc3jnIrish ArisSon0vagunSwiper the fox 26 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

*Next week.

It's only Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

RVP awat to Villa
    SantryRed wrote: »
    *Next week.

It's only Sunday.

Don't you start.There's always one every week

• Registered Users Posts: 48,150 ✭✭✭✭km79

probably sign yaya and captain him
    most if my team is away bar green and eriksen
    BUT rooney has an incredible record against villa so will see how he looks today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

No Austin? I'll probably be going for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Giroud away to Liverpool
    No idea this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,033 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Would have thought Austin would be prime choice. It is him or Toure for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,680 ✭✭✭✭dahat

CSF wrote: »
    Would have thought Austin would be prime choice. It is him or Toure for me.

Same boat here,likely Yaya if I get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

RVP awat to Villa
    Yaya if I bring him in. If I don't then no idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Rooney away to Villa
    Austin I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

Rooney away to Villa
    Austin probably. Watching Liverpool play this bad against United has me thinking of Sanchez as well, he could do some damage if they play this bad next week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Rooney away to Villa
    Van Persie or Austin. Likely Van Persie with Austin vice at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

RVP awat to Villa
    Once I decide to who to field or drop I'll have an idea. I've put myself in a great position for the games to follow GW 17 as I'm loaded up on quality midfielders and I've got a strong bench. The problem is I have Austin Giroud and Costa up front. I'm considering ditching Costa.

The only viable midfielder I can drop is Downing and he's at home to Leicester, total cluster ****, but I'm hoping this will put me in a strong position when rotations start happening.

/end rambling.

It's between Austin and Yaya. Both Palace and Westbrom are capable of keeping it tight at the back on the road. Of the two teams Palace are far more likely to park the bus. Westbrom will look at this fixture and see it as an opportunity to bag three points and Palace will play for a draw or look to nick a goal on the counter.

Palace kept a very respectable scoreline against Spurs and United. I think Austin might shading it right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,150 ✭✭✭✭km79

Wayne Rooney has scored 14 times against aston villa.......

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Austin at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,982 ✭✭✭G1032

Rooney away to Villa
    After today I'm probably going to get RVP in and captain him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Rooney away to Villa
    One of Austin, Eriksen or Yaya (if I bring him in).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Austin

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Giroud away to Liverpool
    leaning towards Sanchez at the moment. Austin is tempting but you just know WBA are going to park the bus. Liverpool are a right mess at the moment and i really do fancy Sanchez to score

• Registered Users Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Don't you start.There's always one every week

If you're going to do it so early you may as well do right :P

will you amend to include Austin

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

RVP awat to Villa
    One of Austin, Eriksen or Yaya (if I bring him in).

Picked Yaya, but those other 2 make great cases for themselves ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

RVP awat to Villa
    Can we add an Austin option please

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Rooney away to Villa
    manual_man wrote: »
    leaning towards Sanchez at the moment. Austin is tempting but you just know WBA are going to park the bus. Liverpool are a right mess at the moment and i really do fancy Sanchez to score

For as bas as liverpool are right now, defensively at home they are quite good - in 8 games at home, they have only conceded 6 goals, compared with 16 goals in 8 away games.

i'll probably keep the armband on RVP since it worked well this week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭wreckless if true

Rooney away to Villa
    Im seriously giving thought to captaining harry kane next week at home to burnley. Brought him in 4 weeks ago for a 4.8 bargain, watched the game today he could of had a hat trick very easily. He should be in the poll at least. decent option imo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Rolling the dice on Silva, he will player further up on the pitch and maybe in a striker role.
    Who else have city for this position bar poza?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Im seriously giving thought to captaining harry kane next week at home to burnley. Brought him in 4 weeks ago for a 4.8 bargain, watched the game today he could of had a hat trick very easily. He should be in the poll at least. decent option imo

Think I'm going to gamble on him this week, nothing obvious in my team with lots of away fixtures, only other would be Downing so worth a punt imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Rooney away to Villa
    Van Persie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Rooney away to Villa
    Van Persie

He's probably a candidate for me, but Uniteds away form......hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Giroud away to Liverpool
    Gonna be very interesting this week (or is it next week :P?) as there is no real obvious choice. I just brought in the lovely Sanchez and have it on him at the moment. He's always dangerous and Liverpool look terrible at the back as well as a dodgy Brad Jones in goal. Kane at home to Burnley is also tempting and he is currently my the Vice Captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Giroud away to Liverpool
    sheroman01 wrote: »
    Gonna be very interesting this week (or is it next week :P?) as there is no real obvious choice. I just brought in the lovely Sanchez and have it on him at the moment. He's always dangerous and Liverpool look terrible at the back as well as a dodgy Brad Jones in goal. Kane at home to Burnley is also tempting and he is currently my the Vice Captain.

Yeah I currently have 10 players playing away! Sanchez could be a good shout - seems to do better than Hazard away from home.

I'll probably bring Silva in, but not sure if he's captaincy material just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Will Jones keep his spot for Liverpool? Would seriously consider Sanchez if so, Brad Jones is simply awful.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Advertisement