Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Open 2015 at Royal County Down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Doesn't seem very easy out there today! Leader all dropping shots.. Lead now -3

Wouldn't be surprised to see a score of PAR or -1 winning it

Definetly. Reckon level par will be a great score. Just was hoping Willet could finish there and set the clubhouse lead

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Old diesel

How far down the leaderboard do the world ranking points and prize money go.

Are there world ranking points for Harrington and Lowery at T43

Playoff looming I'd imagine. Rafa CB could be kicking himself in a minute after that horror 3rd shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just looking down the board, shocked to see Ricky Fowler. His name rather sticks out though. This really feels like a very minor event now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,127 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

What a brain fart by (insert hard to spell Danish name here)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,127 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Great recovery though, looks like a 3 man playoff

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Can't believe RTE just took a break when they're putting on the green in a playoff!!!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

slave1 wrote: »
    Can't believe RTE just took a break when they're putting on the green in a playoff!!!

Switched to 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Incredible alright!

• Advertisement

What a hilarious final putt. Congrats to kjeldson - deserved winner

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

kiers47 wrote: »
    Switched to 2

Panic to find the remote but still missed the other lads putt, anyhow only RTE could have done that for the sake of a few minutes!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,280 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Didn't get to see much of this over the weekend, but do say, I enjoy seeing low winning scores.

Fair ply to Kjeldson, that's one way for your heart to skip a beat anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Panic to find the remote but still missed the other lads putt, anyhow only RTE could have done that for the sake of a few minutes!

Was expecting it tbh with the nuacht fast approaching. Thought they'd give a warning though in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Decent of Rte to switch channels with no warning. Useless as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Dumdum McCarthy

After watching the golf all weekend on RTE that was just desperate what they did in switching channels plugging an add for Fking Fair Shiiiity then telling us the golf was switched to rte 2,by the time i knew weisberger had missed his putt!joke.Raging

Furious:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Can't believe RTE showed 4 days of golf this weekend just so everyone who doesn't have sky sports could watch it....... Pretty shocking carry in of them. :eek::rolleyes:

I just rang Donnybrook 012083111 to lodge my complaint.I will get a call on Tuesday and they will explain the situation or take my complaint on board!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I just rang Donnybrook 012083111 to lodge my complaint.I will get a call on Tuesday and they will explain the situation or take my complaint on board!

When they ring you back will you ask them if they can send a couple of cameras and maybe Shane O'Donoghue down to Fota to cover the Boards Captains Prize and golfer of the year finale:pac::D:p

• Advertisement

Seve OB wrote: »
    When they ring you back will you ask them if they can send a couple of cameras and maybe Shane O'Donoghue down to Fota to cover the Boards Captains Prize and golfer of the year finale:pac::D:p

No prob i will do that but they will Prob send them own on the wrong weekend.Or else they will go away when the winning lads are coming up the 17th!

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

Attended golf today. Weather was grand i think there was two showers and when the sun came out it was actually warm. Golf was great to watch sort of hovered between 9,10,18 and 17. Got to see some big names too harrington, fowler, jiminez, g mac, lowry, clarke. Great day out esp as only live 25 mins away. Will defo go again

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

I completely disagreed with McHenry on RTE when he said afterwards that the big names would only come to the
    Irish Open in the future if it was scheduled for a warmer time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭stockdam

Thanks to Kevin for his original post. I really enjoyed the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Pdoghue wrote: »
    I completely disagreed with McHenry on RTE when he said afterwards that the big names would only come to the

Care to share your reasons for thinking that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Old diesel

I think the major challenge was - THIS particular course looked VERY challenging to play - regardless of what the weather was up to.

Seems to be the first year ive ever heard whining about the tempertures being a factor tbh.

Both Padraig and Shane were putting THEIR difficulties down to their own difficulties with putting and short game over the weekend.

What the players actually think is what id be interested in rather then Mc Henrys speculation (because that's all it is).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,867 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

First Irish open today and really enjoyed it. Was well organized and no hold ups getting in or out of the event!

The golf today was pretty average, can't help but think there's hope for us all yet! Great to see the golfers up close and personal!

Could definitely do with a few more scoreboards, lot of the time it's hard to know what's going on or who's winning. Really should have bought one of the radios but couldn't find where they were being sold.
    All in all, good day and I'd definitely go to another one. (playing obviously :))

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

First Up wrote: »
    Care to share your reasons for thinking that?

I just think McHenry was speculating wildly, unless he had some inside track from some of the players.

I would say prize money and venue are bigger factors in drawing the big names than the time of year. And this year, there was a very good field, due in large part to the venue. I've been at plenty of Irish Opens in June where the weather was dreadful.

However, I do think the modern top players have a worldwide schedule where they follow the sun. They're just not used to playing in these conditions, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was an element of moaning about the weather. You get the impression that Rory just doesn't fancy slogging it out in these conditions. He even said a few years ago at the Open that his game wasn't suited to winning in tough weather conditions. But that's just loser talk. You wouldn't have got Faldo or Lyle moaning about the weather when they were in their pomp. They would have seen it as a challenge.

I just think McHenry was speculating wildly, unless he had some inside track from some of the players.

I would say prize money and venue are bigger factors in drawing the big names than the time of year. And this year, there was a very good field, due in large part to the venue. I've been at plenty of Irish Opens in June where the weather was dreadful.

However, I do think the modern top players have a worldwide schedule where they follow the sun. They're just not used to playing in these conditions, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was an element of moaning about the weather. You get the impression that Rory just doesn't fancy slogging it out in these conditions. He even said a few years ago at the Open that his game wasn't suited to winning in tough weather conditions. But that's just loser talk. You wouldn't have got Faldo or Lyle moaning about the weather when they were in their pomp. They would have seen it as a challenge.

In fairness, I just heard Gmac on BBC said he saw the conditions at RCD as a challenge and helping him to prepare for the US Open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭stockdam

The golf today was pretty average, can't help but think there's hope for us all yet! Great to see the golfers up close and personal!

Try playing off the back sticks at RCD in a wind like today. The ball striking of those guys is way beyond a good amateur.

Advertisement