Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Flutterby80

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Going to bed on a Sunday night and the last thing you think about is work the next morning and getting up at 6.30 :'-(

Snap :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

katemarch wrote: »
    One thing that annoys me beyond all reasonable patience is people who don't realise that the Dyson Airblade hand dryer is supposed to work like a sort of air squeegee. You are meant to move your hands is a straight up-and-down movement past the "wall" of drying air, so the water is sort of "brushed" or scraped off as it were.

but all the time I see people standing there vacantly waving their hands as if it was a traditional dryer, just a round stream of warm air: or even just holding their hands still in it.
    I get cross because the things work so well and so fast, when used correctly!

In fairness, there is only a tiny icon showing how to use it, just a tiny couple of arrows; it is not really very clear instructions at all.

Best hand dryers ever. I've used ones that have feck all coming out of them. Drying then can be a very slow process.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Sitting b a and e with a broken ankle when I was the only sober one out

Oh no :( hope the pain isn't too bad and they've given you something for it.

TA - only one visitor per patient in a and e. I wanted my mum and my bf with me when I was stuck in there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Spending half an hour taking off red nail varnish but the insides of my nails are still red.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Snap :(

Im up now and the bulls are unloaded at the factory.. can look forward to tonight now !! :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

TA - realising you could (and should) have taken today off, as pretty much the rest of the office has too...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

TA: Just read the 'mcdonalds vs burger king' thread, and now I'd friggin love a BK!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Reading that ppl at home have tomorrow off :(

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I hate being hounded in shops as well, being pounced on the second I walk in, being asked by every single person on the floor if I need help. No, just let me browse, please! Sometimes it's so excessive, I just leave and I'm reluctant to go back. I'm shy and I have a generally nervous disposition, so being attacked with "customer courtesy" like that scares me :p.

In an interview a while back, I was asked what I like and don't like as a customer. Straight away, I said I didn't like being over- helped in a shop, being asked if I'm ok or if I need help the second I get in and being asked the same thing by someone else when I move to a different part of the shop. The manager said that their staff absolutely have to do this, that people like and appreciate it. I don't think I've ever met anyone who actually likes it. I think just a friendly hello and a smile will suffice, just letting the customer know that someone is there and help is available IF they want it.

This. I worked in a certain catalogue high street store for a couple years part time in men's wear. Customer contact and link selling was drilled into us...
    Make sure you introduce yourself to each customer within 10 seconds of them walking in the door. If someone is buying shoes make sure you close the sale on socks,, if it's jeans make sure you sell them a belt.. Horrible ! Was delighted when I finished college and could leave the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I keep being bitten my gnats. The little bitey bastards are back with a vengence.:mad:

• Advertisement

Skangers who refer to their boyfriends/father of their kids as being their 'husband'. Unless he has married you he is not your husband. Fcuking twats, and the odds are he will never marry you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Fiachr_a

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Fiachr_a

This is the thread that just keeps on giving :rolleyes:

The fact "SSM" is now being used to describe Same Sex Marriage, I don't why this annoys me, but it seems like an acroynm too far, and almost trivialises the whole subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

When your favourite thread goes to poo

Yeah, it seems to have lost its mojo alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

When bits of chocolate drop between your boobs and you don't realise til after it's all melted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Another day, another zip bursts...

Now having to stay behind my desk till everyone goes for lunch so I can fix the damn thing if it's possible without having to go again to Zipyard :(

Must be their best bloody customer at this stage :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Time to make yourself a salad OEJ! :D

TA - having to stay put in one place. It's weird. I never stay still. How people can stay on the couch all day is beyond me. So annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

deise08 wrote: »
    When bits of chocolate drop between your boobs and you don't realise til after it's all melted :(

TA that some women are just teasing with posts like this ! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Yeah, it seems to have lost its mojo alright.

If it's "Mojo" was just general chit-chat about clothes, make-up and outfits. Well it can lose it's Mojo away as far as i'm concerned :pac:

Where I work there is an ATM on site, it's right behind double doors. People have an annoying habit of stopping to put their ATM money in their wallets/purses right outside this door... normally this wouldn't be a problem, but the doors open outwards (towards the ATM) if you're coming from the other side, there's a little window in the doors that you can see them through, putting they money in their wallets. I swear someday I'm going to push the door open full force and have it whack them in the face. MAYBE DON'T STAND 6 INCHES IN FRONT OF A DOOR THAT OPENS INTO YOUR FACE NEXT TIME YOU FOOL!!!!! GAARRRRAGGHHHH!!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Reading that ppl at home have tomorrow off :(

Being near certain il probably have to work tomorrow :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭libelula

When people don't correct their phones' autocorrects. Drives me bleedin' daft, why switch it on if you refuse to use it properly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Got scratched by a kitten on my wrist and chest. She likes to be petted but she doesn't like being lifted yet. Let me love you kitteh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Afternoon Titties. Ta went shopping today tried on a jacket and this old woman mimed at me it was too small.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Afternoon Titties. Ta went shopping today tried on a jacket and this old woman mimed at me it was too small.
    Why didnt you mime back with 2 fingers?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Men who have long hair, that's alright when they're teenagers and have excuses to look ridiculous. Grown men with dreadlocks though? They look scruffy having those vile looking yokes dripping from their head.
    Everytime I see them, I want to wash their hair and recommend a good barber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Colser wrote: »
    Why didnt you mime back with 2 fingers?:D

Closer I was so shocked I stood there with my mouth open

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

When you go into the Chapters shop to sell a bag of rap CDs and they examine each disc for scratches. When they've gone through every disc after 10 minutes they say "we're not into selling this kind of music"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Men who have long hair, that's alright when they're teenagers and have excuses to look ridiculous. Grown men with dreadlocks though? They look scruffy having those vile looking yokes dripping from their head.

There were lots of them living in trees in the Glen of the Downs at the time of the road expansion there. Deadlocked crustys.
    TA that with talk of that road getting expanded again the dreadlocked hippies will probably move back in the trees in the Glen of the downs and stink the place up.

Long hair can look really good on some men, so long as they put in the maintenance and condition/trim it. But dreadlocks are a definite no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Eating so much that you feel sick but not wanting to stop eating because it's delicious.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement