Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Being so wrecked and falling asleep watching the TV and missing the end of programmes that I've been looking forward to. It drives the OH mad, so I'm pretending I'm not asleep while he tells me to go to bed if I can't keep my eyes open :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Cat you sound like my hubby it annoys me that my poor husband works so hard that he falls asleep as soon as he sits down on the couch

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

73Cat wrote: »
    Being so wrecked and falling asleep watching the TV and missing the end of programmes that I've been looking forward to. It drives the OH mad, so I'm pretending I'm not asleep while he tells me to go to bed if I can't keep my eyes open :(

Are you my girlfriend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

73Cat wrote: »

Fell asleep 3 different nights watching the wolf of wall street, eventually watched it a month later a lot earlier in the evening,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

My real pet hate this week is people who walk into my house with out knocking or ringing the door bell, happened a few times lately, next time ill have my ****s hanging out, mother, neighbour or friend they better **** off out the door fairly rapid, I HOPE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

TA that someone stood on my foot earlier and it is now aching. Big toe nail is going black. Ow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

The whole idea from older generations that the boys the most important in the family. My only uncle lives in New York. I'm quite close to him but my brother is the golden manchild. I called my uncle tonight.
    "Are you excited to see him?" I ask
    "Of course I am" he says "He's the only *surname* that's left now".

Um, hello? I know he didn't mean anything bad by it but I'm snappin all evening, just because he has a set of balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

You're sitting with a group of people around a table chatting, be it at work or some other social situation.

You find yourself stuck in a boring conversation with someone in the group. Meanwhile, you overhear on the other side of the table a way more interesting, lively conversation thread that the rest of the group are engaged in.

You have something brilliant to add to that it but, out of politeness, you continue nodding and listening to person talking to you even though you couldn't give two s**ts about whatever they're going on about.

At last your conversation has come to a break but by this time the other group has changed topics to something else. Dissatisfying :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Having to bring my own coffee in my handbag to certain people's houses because they never have any.

TA that I did not plan this weekend better.
    I had yesterday off. And have tueday off. Why did I not think about it and take monday off too? Because I am stoopid is why.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

We have huge evergreen trees up our driveway and all around our house and they're full of birds. Anytime I put out food for the birds, all the stupid crows and magpies swoop in and take it all :mad:

Dentists that are only mon-fri and there doesn't seem to be an emergency dentist on a Saturday. You can't schedule when you're going to be sick/need a dentist

We have huge evergreen trees up our driveway and all around our house and they're full of birds. Anytime I put out food for the birds, all the stupid crows and magpies swoop in and take it all :mad:

... What do you think a bird is? :o

Dentists that are only mon-fri and there doesn't seem to be an emergency dentist on a Saturday. You can't schedule when you're going to be sick/need a dentist

Those VHI swiftcare places have emergency dentists available- well, our one in dundrum does. Expensive though....I know that from painful experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm sick :( it's ruined all my plans for the day. Definitely annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

KatW4 wrote: »
    I'm sick :( it's ruined all my plans for the day. Definitely annoying.

Get better soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Dramatik

People in wheel-chairs should be the first people at the stop/station to get on bus/train/luas. Whenever I see someone ignoring the person in the wheelchair and just jumping on before them, I just want to hit them so hard. What the **** is wrong with people these days? It's comon courtesy for F sake!

Also customers who expect you to go over to them and say "sorry can I help you?" You have a mouth, ****in use it, it's not that hard, most people if they want something they'll ask for it, rather then just standing there like a twat, waiting to be asked. I don't know about anyone else but when I'm shopping for something I don't like to be pestered by the people working there, I like to be left alone to look around the shop and make my mind up in my own time, without feeling pressured into buying something I don't really want. What's even more infuriating is they eventually blurt out some really bent passive agressive bull****, something like "Excuse me do you work here?" Well... I'm standing at the ****ing till so what do you think? The thing is, I greet every customer as they come into the shop, is this not an ideal time to ask whatever question you have?

I hate being hounded in shops as well, being pounced on the second I walk in, being asked by every single person on the floor if I need help. No, just let me browse, please! Sometimes it's so excessive, I just leave and I'm reluctant to go back. I'm shy and I have a generally nervous disposition, so being attacked with "customer courtesy" like that scares me :p.

In an interview a while back, I was asked what I like and don't like as a customer. Straight away, I said I didn't like being over- helped in a shop, being asked if I'm ok or if I need help the second I get in and being asked the same thing by someone else when I move to a different part of the shop. The manager said that their staff absolutely have to do this, that people like and appreciate it. I don't think I've ever met anyone who actually likes it. I think just a friendly hello and a smile will suffice, just letting the customer know that someone is there and help is available IF they want it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭etymon

People who refer to Las Vegas as 'Vegas'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

St. P¡ssup day on Tuesday.
    Begorrah and Toora loora all over the world. Red heads drinking Guinness, that's the impression we give.
    It's sad really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Having to bring my own coffee in my handbag to certain people's houses because they never have any.

I leave a jar at my mothers house as they rarely have any coffee and when they do it's that weak powdered filth.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    St. P¡ssup day on Tuesday.
    Begorrah and Toora loora all over the world. Red heads drinking Guinness, that's the impression we give.
    It's sad really.

It wouldn't be so bad if they'd put one of those stupid over-sized lepracaun hats on Michael D, put him at the head of the parade and poke him with sticks to make him dance. :D

The fun police. People who have to piss all over enjoyment of others. My brother is desperate for this. He's like the anti-craic. Drives me mental

I leave a jar at my mothers house as they rarely have any coffee and when they do it's that weak powdered filth.:D

People just don't understand how essential coffee is :p . It annoys me that I might actually be addicted. If I tried to give up, I'd be a twitchy, cranky, headachy mess. My OH has me restricted to 2 cups a day. He jokes that if I have more than that he'll leave me :p. He might be just a little serious! I have way too many unhealthy addictions as it is. All food related, nothing illegal.

TA that the wife asked me how I want my eggs- I told her Scrambled but wanted to say Cadburys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

... What do you think a bird is? :o

I'm not sure what in my post gives the impression I don't know what a bird is.

:o

Hmmm.. I've just noticed that a lot of my posts here start with the words "I hate" . That's annoying because it makes me seem hateful. I'm not hateful, I'm super loveable, I swear :D . I just like to vent here, cause it's healthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Ta that I come across a curmudgeonly auld wan when I'm only 39 and normally quite a happy person

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

People who want to be happy all the time. Only stupid people are like that.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure what in my post gives the impression I don't know what a bird is.

:o

You're leaving food out for the birds and then you call them stupid for taking it? I don't get it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement