Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,532 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

That's why I never accept tea from my housemates, and why they always compliment me on my tea.

Tea making travesties like that are what separates us superior tea enthusiasts with those who are less than human.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Watching someone make you a cuppa (after kindly offering), but you're too polite to tell them to do it the way you like it....

'AARGGHHH, you're putting milk in when the teabag is still there??!
    WTF?!?! Why would you do that?!?!
    TAKE IT OUT FIRST!!!
    It's gonna taste all weird now!!!'

Similarly, people who assume you take milk in your coffee and hand it to you with milk. I had two friends who used to do this, every time!
    I felt like a knob asking for BLACK coffee when offered, makes me sound like I'm asking a barista!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Watching someone make you a cuppa (after kindly offering), but you're too polite to tell them to do it the way you like it....

TAKE IT OUT FIRST!!!

If it involves plonking a teabag in a cup and adding water, it's going to awful anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

The ****ing ASSHOLE sitting next to me on the train is chawing on an apple so hard it's giving me shivers. It's like one of those never ending apples, he seems to be at it for ages unless he had two. Chaw chaw chaw. Good lord. He sounds like a horse trying to eat a turnip through a letterbox. Why, why, why?

I wouldn't pride myself on my intelligence but even I know how INCONSIDERATE AND RUDE AND ANNOYING that might be to other passengers

Lexie, I'm gonna be honest. When I read this earlier I thought you were overreacting. I thought to myself "How annoying could eating an apple really be?"

I have never so blatantly seen karma come back and slap someone in the face as it just did me. My colleague with whom I share an office just took out an apple and I had the exact same reaction. How can eating an apple be SO LOUD? And he ate the whole thing with his mouth open, lips smacking away, not a care in the world.

I put in my head phones to get away from the noise, and I could genuinely still hear the chewing over the music.

So Lexie, from the bottom of my heart, I apologise for thinking ill of you. Please make the apple karma gods call off the dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

How can eating an apple be SO LOUD? And he ate the whole thing with his mouth open, lips smacking away, not a care in the world.

I used to sit opposite someone who did that..'hope you don't mind', as she was halfway through the bloody thing. Eh? It would have made no difference because she was going to eat it anyway. Then onto her yoghurt with accompanying yum yum sounds and spoon licking, oh Christ, I used to long to put her out through the nearest window. This could go on all morning.

Eventually, it was mentioned at a staff meeting about not eating at desks, not by me...possibly by the guy who say beside her. But, I think she stopped then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

That's why I never accept tea from my housemates, and why they always compliment me on my tea.

Tea making travesties like that are what separates us superior tea enthusiasts with those who are less than human.

My tea making is so bad my mother won't drink a cup I've made. Whenever she calls to us and I offer her tea she asks who is making it, if it's me she declines. :D I don't drink tea, never really liked it, I'm more of a coffee so strong you could almost stand a spoon in it kind of woman.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Eating at desks is really annoying not to mention messy.

TA that I got a rollocking for not being Psychic

So tired today. Trivial annoyance is the fcukwittery of other peoples drinking. The next door nightmare decided to stay up til after 4am getting wasted with someone. I've a feeling it could be a very long weekend since he seems to have taken today off. I'm beginning to fantasise about killing him and buring him in the woods.

Poor Pumpkinseeds that awful. Noisy neighbours are very annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm bulling. I have the most selfish friends in the world. I know, black cat black kitten and all that but **** me.
    My best friend, the one that's like "I have a child!", "when you have a child!" And "why are you busy? You don't have a child, now that's busy" made plans for this weekend. I'm not drinking but she rarely gets to go out and she wanted to go out this weekend. I wanted to dress up and wear my boots so I was all for it.
    Then she text me Tuesday to tell me I was staying with her boyfriends mom (eh what?) and she didn't ask - just told me. Saying she didn't want the 2 year old to be woken up which I completely understand. But not even asking me? Ugh.

Then yesterday she text me saying "hey think I'm going to have one or two and be home for 12, Dont want to be dying on Monday". Doesnt bother me, I'm not drinking but - I've to be over for 9, sober, home by 12 and stay in someone else's house? No thanks. And LMII isn't going to come back to collect me at that time (45 mins drive away)

Anyway. I text her last night saying look it doesn't really suit, I'm not feeling it, let's just leave it. she text me back completely freaking out thanking me for ruining her night and that the next time she'll be able to go out won't be until her birthday in may.

I'm anmoyed because **** her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Lexie what's LMII?

My long suffering oh

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Lexie what's LMII?

Luckiest man in Ireland aka Lexie's fella

Mod

Lads, I don't want to have to lock this thread, and I don't want to have to thread ban people from it. So please, for the sake of everyone who actually wants to post within the rules, stop the chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Ok, no more talking about TAs. I'll start my using sign language......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

When you go into Burger King for a cup of tea and the foreign staff fill the cup with hot water and then put in the teabag.

I thought I'd seen just about all types of parental fcukwittery in shopping centres, but I was wrong. Today there was a couple with a child who was wearing shoes designed to make a squeaky toy noise with every step the child takes. There are no words to describe how fcuking annoying these things were. The damn things could be heard all over the place because they are so loud. At first we thought it was a child playing with a squeaky dogs toy. What dafuq is wrong with people inflicting this shite on others.:mad:

Ok, no more talking about TAs. I'll start my using sign language......

don't post in this thread again

When you go into HMV and they have a 3 CDs for €12 offer but you can only find 2 ones with the stupid sticker worth buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Being tired on a Friday evening and probably ending up in bed earlier than a normal weekday!!
    FFS!! Sometimes, I try to stay up to enjoy the evening, but I can't keep my eyes open and bed wins!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Went into the supermarket and thought the assistant had short changed me but I was wrong. The manager was behind my back making signals to not mind the crazy lady. Felt absolutely stupid.

My husband will be home in an hour and I should be up and doing stuff, and making dinner. Instead I'm in bed and on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

My husband will be home in an hour and I should be up and doing stuff, and making dinner. Instead I'm in bed and on boards.

Treat him to a take away!

Win-win!

TA: I'd love a take away tonight, but I'm broke!

Treat him to a take away!

Win-win!

We have stuff that has to be used and I'm looking forward to fajitas, takeaway can be tomorrow :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

We have stuff that has to be used and I'm looking forward to fajitas, takeaway can be tomorrow :P

You'll have them made in five minutes with that sexy just out of bed look :)

When people come late for appointments, unprepared and take another 10
    Minutes getting themselves organised.

When say hello and your name to you in the street but you don't recognise them.

Ta that my hubby is working all weekend when I'm off work til wed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

When the ars* falls out of your shopping bags and your groceries spill everywhere. Happened to me yesterday. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

TAKE IT OUT FIRST!!!

Years ago while passing my folks house with my ex, we popped in to say Hi, my Mam asked would she like a cuppa, she replied, No ta, i'll wait till I go home and have a nice one.....:eek: my Mam's look said it all, while my jaw dropped an eye's popped.
    What she meant was she'd wait till she got home, feet up and kick back and enjoy it...
    Was never asked if she wanted tea again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement