Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential for Snow Showers this Week, 8-12th Dec

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Met Eireann downgrade on the widespread snow showers

Today

Many parts of the country will remain wet this evening as heavy rain continues. Later in the night it will become much colder and frosty as the rain clears and wintry showers will develop across the northwest. Lowest temperatures between 0 and -3 degrees with northwesterly winds later.

Tomorrow

Bright and cold tomorrow with widespread frost at first. Many places will remain dry for the day, but wintry showers will continue along western coastal counties. Highest temperatures of 3 to 6 degrees in northerly winds.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭omicron

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Slow but steady fall in temps. 3.6c DP 2.4c atm.

I would have to imagine the Dublin/Wicklow mountains should be having snow this afternoon.

Yep!!!

Lough Bray about an hour ago. Was lots more up higher but was on the bike so stopped around the snowline!

331454.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Going for a drive up Laragh way and down along the military road on Saturday for something to do and get a few pics, Will there be much snow up there?

omicron wrote: »
    Yep!!!

Lough Bray about an hour ago. Was lots more up higher but was on the bike so stopped around the snowline!

attachment.php?attachmentid=331454&stc=1&d=1418316051

How did Kippure look?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

omicron wrote: »
    Yep!!!

Thanks for that, puts the north Wicklow snowline currently around 380 metres.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,108 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Met Eireann downgrade on the widespread snow showers

Today

Many parts of the country will remain wet this evening as heavy rain continues. Later in the night it will become much colder and frosty as the rain clears and wintry showers will develop across the northwest. Lowest temperatures between 0 and -3 degrees with northwesterly winds later.

Tomorrow

Bright and cold tomorrow with widespread frost at first. Many places will remain dry for the day, but wintry showers will continue along western coastal counties. Highest temperatures of 3 to 6 degrees in northerly winds.

Clare would be considered a western coastal county wouldn't it? Hopefully I may get snow tomorrow.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Carnacalla wrote: »
    W

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭omicron

Dónal wrote: »
    How did Kippure look?

Top was covered in cloud but the bits I could see in the gaps were snow covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Met Eireann looking good.

Met eireann have posted 2 weather warnings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Today in Galway has been terrible, heavy rain bitter cold current temp 4 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Today in Galway has been terrible, heavy rain bitter cold current temp 4 degrees

Same here in north meath, miserable day and i was out in it, soaked and f'n cold

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭pauldry

If I didnt look at the weather id be convinced its gonna snow. Sleet all over norn ire already n only 2.8c in atlantic sligo town. So snow will come tonight to many parts.

Dont heed that met eireann crowd what do they know. Lol

#weathergossipforever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I'll just leave these here.

15-574UK.GIF?11-12

18-574UK.GIF?11-12

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sleet reported at Knock AP at 1800.

Wow, they are getting it early.

Wow, they are getting it early.

They are high up. 2c DP 2c there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭AnotherYear

Finner also reporting sleet and it's right on the coast

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭shmaupel

I'm about 7 miles north up the coast as the crow flies from Finner.

No precipitation here at the minute. 3.4°c.

Back to rain there at 1830. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I don't expect much here in Carlow except maybe a dusting in the morning but icy roads will make driving tomorrow morning very tricky!

shmaupel wrote: »
    I'm about 7 miles north up the coast add the crow flies from Finner.

No precipitation here at the minute. 3.4°c.

The reports are 45minutes old though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Villain wrote: »
    I don't expect much here in Carlow except maybe a dusting in the morning but icy roads will make driving tomorrow morning very tricky!

Yeah, thats my real worry. Was going to drive in tomorrow but I think the train might be a safer way to go

Is there much chance of snow at around 8:00 tomorrow morning?

The reports are 45minutes old though

Yip that's right.

My post may have sounded confrontational but I was just trying to give an indication of current conditions.

shmaupel wrote: »
    Yip that's right.

My post sounded confrontational but I was just trying to give an indication of current conditions.

Not really confrontational:P

Since you are in donegal, id say your guaranteed a nice whack of the white stuff this evening/tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Evelyn giving icy weather in the morning. Could make the morning commute "interesting"

Just getting rain with hail here in Clare now atm

Not really confrontational:P

Since you are in donegal, id say your guaranteed a nice whack of the white stuff this evening/tonight

To say I'm tetchy this evening is an understatement :-) We'll probably wake up to a great view of the Bluestacks covered in snow but that just doesn't cut it anymore. The Beach Snow of 2010 ruined all future winters for me :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭billyhead

Smidge wrote: »
    Evelyn giving icy weather in the morning. Could make the morning commute "interesting"

How long would it take for the ice/frost to thaw out do you think? Was planning to head out for a spin on a road bike in the morning around 8.30am. I live in North county Dublin so it would take in the back country roads of this area.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement